Film Thread (What have you been watching?)

7 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

A Night to Remember (1958) about the Titanic, super film.

And the second part of the double bill is...

A_Night_to_Dismember_film_poster.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Copa said:

Scarface. I’ve never seen it before and really enjoyed it.

I’ll have to watch the remake starring Al Pacino a few months from now to see how it compares to the original.

Dont wait too long its brilliant,if ever tellys full a rubbish scarface comes out the box,turn them speakers up too.:kolobok_popcorm1:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, silverback said:

Dont wait too long its brilliant,if ever tellys full a rubbish scarface comes out the box,turn them speakers up too.:kolobok_popcorm1:

Pacino's Stan Boardman impression is superb.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Saw Moana last night for the first time, actually quite a good film, I enjoyed it.

Haven't watched a "grown up" film in years.  When I babysit g/daughter I let her choose a dvd.  If it's The Greatest Showman I think "please kill me now" although her interpretation of the relationship with the trapeze lady is sweet.  She explains very carefully to me that in the olden days black skinny-ed people and white skinny-ed people weren't allowed to hold hands.  My top four are Sing (Taaron Egerton's version of I'm Still Standing better than the original), Tangled (Mother Knows Best is excellent), Alladin and Coco.

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

On 31/05/2020 at 16:14, Bleep1673 said:

Saw Some Like it Hot last night, I laughed loud. Great film.

With joe E Brown " Nobody's perfect!" Magic.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Bill & Ted 3, coming soon. Please be any good!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Matt Damon in Suberbicon. strange film,but some stonking 50s american cars,

is a 2017 American black comedy film written and directed by George Clooney, and co-written by the Coen brothers and Grant Heslov.

7 hours ago, Spidey said:

I want it to be good too but that made me a bit cringey. 

Yes. It made me think that maybe it was a good thing that Matthew Broderick's Ferris Bueller revival turned out to be a couple of minutes for a car ad and nothing more.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Not one i would normaly go for but glad i did, real life roswell type film.

Extraterrestrial      is a 2014 American science fiction horror film that was directed by Colin Minihan, based on a script by both Vicious Brothers. It stars Brittany Allen, ...

Coming out later this year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Movie magic this evening on Freeview; Passport to Pimlico, then Das Boot (the 1981 Wolfgang Petersen original).

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...

Last night, I watched Excalibur for the first time in years. Still good, especially Nicol Williamson's portrayal of Merlin. The supporting cast is packed with British thespian talent.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dont know how have managed to not get to see this one,

Awakenings 1990 || Robert De Niro, Robin Williams, Julie Kavner. Jennifer Lawrence ... Awakenings

great performance from de niro and williams, a tearjerker that hits home,brill.

• Like 1