Jam eaters takeover

Rango

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Haven fans dont hate town mate its a rivalry in a family game and not a war hate is a strong word 

The majority don't and vice versa, but I know somebody who candidly admits to hating town. He claims he has never been to DP and will not visit it because it gives money to the enemy. He isn't very friendly with me because I'm a Town fan but if Haven beat us he is in my face trying to provoke me. 

Fortunately all the rest of the Haven fans are good crack and we all enjoy the banter.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

3 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

The majority don't and vice versa, but I know somebody who candidly admits to hating town. He claims he has never been to DP and will not visit it because it gives money to the enemy. He isn't very friendly with me because I'm a Town fan but if Haven beat us he is in my face trying to provoke me. 

Fortunately all the rest of the Haven fans are good crack and we all enjoy the banter.

Sounds like short circuit 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

53 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

There would be a few Haven players above Callum on my wish list 

I'm shocked about that gilly, first because we are crying out for a HB and second because callum is a seaton lad.

Out of interest which haven players would you take first? Obviously Dion would be one, maybe burns and Thompson? Possibly Taylor? 

45 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I'm shocked about that gilly, first because we are crying out for a HB and second because callum is a seaton lad.

Out of interest which haven players would you take first? Obviously Dion would be one, maybe burns and Thompson? Possibly Taylor? 

For what I think would add to our team mate as it stands Dion, Foster, Taylor and Gillam. 

14 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I'm shocked about that gilly, first because we are crying out for a HB ....

What position is he playing for Haven I'd be interested to know how he's doing? We're certainly OK at hooker?

29 minutes ago, Oneday said:

What position is he playing for Haven I'd be interested to know how he's doing? We're certainly OK at hooker?

Will we be ok at hooker next season though ?  Penky is class but also he is a traveller. If haven do jhave to offload players at the end of the season it could be to our advantage.  

I was going to post that its a bit early to be picking over the bones of the carcass just yet, although now the consortium guy has said that the club debts are double what they were led to believe.  Is that 186k then? If that is correct it is criminal. They will have little option but to call in administrators meaning many small businesses' get nowt. Shocking!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Forster as made sure he got his wages up front for the year so he wont be going anywhere. Some of the supporters have gave big lumps of money but unfortunately it will be lost in a big black hole..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Will they need to ship players ASAP  before the seasons end . Catch 22 when they’re trawling for them . You can’t expect all players to do you a favour and just play 

They’ve such a small squad they can’t afford to lose anyone. I think some of the local players have been paid over the odds by both clubs over the years so maybe some wage cuts will be looked at 

7 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

They’ve such a small squad they can’t afford to lose anyone. I think some of the local players have been paid over the odds by both clubs over the years so maybe some wage cuts will be looked at 

well gillmeister i no you are well informd but most travellers where getting more than the locals fact.

..........and people are still deluded enough to think there's enough support locally for 2 professional teams!

You just have to look at the weekly attendances of Town and Haven to see how much hard core support each club has, but has anyone really looked into how many rugby league fans there are in the area who don't follow Town or Haven, but would maybe follow a new side?

Same with sponsorship, both clubs struggling, but how many times have these sponsors been let down by both clubs over the years, .....and let's not even get on to both clubs relationships with their amateur neighbours!

1 hour ago, anok4u said:

Forster as made sure he got his wages up front for the year so he wont be going anywhere. Some of the supporters have gave big lumps of money but unfortunately it will be lost in a big black hole..

Look mate I know we are in a load of ###### but stories like this and travellers being on far more than locals are just rumours and fantasy. I don't know what they are on but despite the Boards failings I cannot see where the money has come from to pay a player up front for a full season. Kick us while we are down by all means but lets keep it real.

35 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

..........and people are still deluded enough to think there's enough support locally for 2 professional teams!

You just have to look at the weekly attendances of Town and Haven to see how much hard core support each club has, but has anyone really looked into how many rugby league fans there are in the area who don't follow Town or Haven, but would maybe follow a new side?

Same with sponsorship, both clubs struggling, but how many times have these sponsors been let down by both clubs over the years, .....and let's not even get on to both clubs relationships with their amateur neighbours!

I don’t post on here or the Haven site very often since I had a stroke 2 years ago but how refreshing to read a post that actually makes a lot of sense.

i started to shout out for one club/team in SL from this area back in the 90’s when both teams could get crowds of 2 - 3,000 and I still say the same today when both clubs are lucky if they can get 600.   Both our clubs/teams are in the lowest professional league with crowds dropping year on year and yet both clubs are guilty of pandering to a few whilst the silent majority watch SL or other sport on the TV.  How much plainer can it be put that people in this area are walking away from the professional game in their droves and younger supporters are taking up some other past-times instead.

It matters not to me at my age but for the sake of the kids and the future it’s time for both clubs to get their heads together and come up with one club/team with the aim of getting to SL.   It is a subject that gets raised every so many years and then forgotten about until the next crisis arises for one or the other but neither club is looking great at the moment.

As I say it doesn’t matter any more to me but for those young ones and supporters of the future at least give them a chance.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

11 minutes ago, bobg said:

They(haven) are so desperate now they will agree to anything. So sad to see.

That would be my worry If it was town in this situation, this consortium holds all the cards now, they are now negotiating from a huge position of strength and the haven board could give them anything. 

They’d still surely have to be open and transparent about the financial situation and thenthe consortium would need to mull that over and what they’re taking on so you’d reckon still a fair way to go

Archived