Ryan Hall and Carl Ablett.

10 hours ago, jacksy said:

Me too. As much as i like Talonoa i would sign Hall.

Both 30 but Halls strike rate is amazing and he doesnt seem to get many injuries.

It isn't really a case of who is better though. Talanoa and Faraimo are more than adequate, and Miloudi is proving to be a very good back up aswell. Hull aren't going to be throwing money at a player who is only marginally better than what we have. It would be like trying to sign James Roby because he is marginally better than Houghton. Hull have other places they need to recruit and certainly won't be in for Hall.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

How can predictive text suggest Heads instead of Bears? :huh:

Don't know OF but it did. Just tried it again and came up with gears. 

10 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

On a QWERTY keyboard, the B is near H and the R is near D, so if you miss one, it'll predict you meant something else.

Thanks for that.???

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Given he claimed a predictive text error I was assuming he was typing on a phone keypad where the usual alternatives for B are A and C and the usual alternatives for R are P, Q and S. Obviously, some phones have a qwerty keypad and I'm sure predictive text is different and more advanced now.

Let's face it, we'd all love to have a phone like Loiner's if every time you type in bear it gives you head.

Ha ha I love that last line quality. Actually it was on a tablet. People like your good self and many others do things on this forum that I can only dream about. (I put it down to age).

38 minutes ago, MZH said:

It isn't really a case of who is better though. Talanoa and Faraimo are more than adequate, and Miloudi is proving to be a very good back up aswell. Hull aren't going to be throwing money at a player who is only marginally better than what we have. It would be like trying to sign James Roby because he is marginally better than Houghton. Hull have other places they need to recruit and certainly won't be in for Hall.

Spot on.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

57 minutes ago, MZH said:

With one yellow card and no reds in his entire SL career, Hall could certainly teach Faraimo (one red every eight games) a thing or two about discipline.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

16 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

With one yellow card and no reds in his entire SL career, Hall could certainly teach Faraimo (one red every eight games) a thing or two about discipline.

That’s because Hall is a rare occurrence in RL, a player with more than 2 brain cells.

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Given he claimed a predictive text error I was assuming he was typing on a phone keypad where the usual alternatives for B are A and C and the usual alternatives for R are P, Q and S. Obviously, some phones have a qwerty keypad and I'm sure predictive text is different and more advanced now.

Let's face it, we'd all love to have a phone like Loiner's if every time you type in bear it gives you head.

jeez how old is your phone?? i havent had a phone that uses number keypads to type a text or on t'internet for about 10 years!

oh and as long as the bear isnt the one giving it i'm with you on the last line.. if it is then you're on your own!

2 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

Ablett actually manages to 'win' more penalties than he concedes, I think.

I have to agree, one of those irritating players that manage to wind the opposition up and get away with stuff themselves. Pure gold as a teammate.

2 hours ago, MZH said:

Fair points

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

23 minutes ago, RP London said:

jeez how old is your phone?? i havent had a phone that uses number keypads to type a text or on t'internet for about 10 years!

Samsung Galaxy 6, about 18 months.

And I'm talking about the keypad that appears by magic on the LCD display.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Samsung Galaxy 6, about 18 months.

And I'm talking about the keypad that appears by magic on the LCD display.

i've got an older one than that (about 2 1/2 years Galaxy S5 Neo) and for texts etc it automatically comes up with a qwerty keyboard..

magically appearing and disappearing keypads I understand though.. "what, where did you go? i didnt f*cking touch anything, why have you gone, where have you gone? how do I get you back? arghhhh!"

Sorry, should have made it clear, mine's a qwerty keyboard/keypad/whatever.

2 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I know Ryan Hall reasonably well and whilst he's all about testing himself at the top level, the NRL has never been a realistic option for him. And that's not because the offers haven't been there - he's had NRL sides in for him almost every year since he was about 21. I'm almost certain he'll stay at Leeds and this is all just 'agent's doing their job' type chat as was said before. That said if he did leave he has a lot of friends at KR so that being the destination club would not surprise me at all. 

Out of interest what do you think he is paid right now and what do you think Hull KR would offer him? 

Money will really talk now as he's looking at maybe 3-4 years left of playing at top level so will deservedly want to up his retirement fund...... 

I hate to say it but he would make a very good union centre at 12 for crash balls and he can finish. So who knows? 

34 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Some great thread drift going on here... :D 

Why has somebody mentioned Ryan Hall? :huh:

33 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Out of interest what do you think he is paid right now and what do you think Hull KR would offer him? 

Money will really talk now as he's looking at maybe 3-4 years left of playing at top level so will deservedly want to up his retirement fund...... 

I hate to say it but he would make a very good union centre at 12 for crash balls and he can finish. So who knows? 

I honestly don't know what he's on. An educated guess based on what I know other senior SL players get would have me thinking somewhere between £150-200k. I think the only way he's leaving Leeds is if a) they offer him a long (3 years?) but significantly reduced contract or b) about the same money but only a one year deal - then I'd imagine he'd be looking for KR or whoever else to offer him the same money and the longer contract. Don't think he'll be pushing for more money than he's already on though. 

Can't see him going over to RU - he's the most out and out league player i've ever met. He's not actually that interested in sports away from SL and he's certainly never played RU at any age. 

4 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I honestly don't know what he's on. An educated guess based on what I know other senior SL players get would have me thinking somewhere between £150-200k.

I would say that's way more than the correct figure but you suggest that you know some senior players income so I respect that.

Still think you're wrong though. :unsure:

Yeah a couple of years back Hetherington spoke about Leeds highest earner bracket in the then salary structure and it was either £120k or £130k. No names were mentioned but assumed it was Sinfield and Peacock at that stage. I doubt the basic structure has changed much since then although Hall may now be in the top bracket. 

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Sorry, should have made it clear, mine's a qwerty keyboard/keypad/whatever.

ah ok... thought it was still push button phone pad and snake!

32 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I would say that's way more than the correct figure but you suggest that you know some senior players income so I respect that.

Still think you're wrong though. :unsure:

Know what you mean for some reason I think he's probably paid around 100-120k and as such is underpaid considering his impact. Cap is low so how do you pay him much  over 100k and balance it out?

. I also agree with your comments about Hunslet I respect he knows more in regards to this. 

Archived