2019 Squad

marklaspalmas

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I notice when reading the piece about Sheffield buying 3 players from Dewsbury that their season ticket for me as a concession  would be on early bird £149, so I think my ticket at £100 is a cracking deal.

Well done Rovers 

1 hour ago, haskey said:

I notice when reading the piece about Sheffield buying 3 players from Dewsbury that their season ticket for me as a concession  would be on early bird £149, so I think my ticket at £100 is a cracking deal.

Well done Rovers 

It is cracking value. Would we have been better charging more however, with the prospect of more revenue for the club? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 hours ago, haskey said:

Well done Rovers 

I read this with exactly the same interest and jaw dropping surprise.

The adult early bird price is £179, effectively 20% more than ours and on the above concession figures, 50 % more! Given our stadium, facilities and atmosphere I know where I would rather watch my rugby.

In fairness the Eagles have put out a very good offer for juniors. Just £2 for early bird and £15 for post deadline compared with ours at £40 and £50 respectively. I have paid for a season ticket for my son who has just exceeded the age when I can legitimately lift him over the turnstile saying he is four or five (as my Dad did with me). He is not following the game yet but I'm sure he will be hooked within another two years. At the moment his incentive to go is to get a 99 from the Lumb's Ice Cream van. I think that for say under 10's the Eagles prices are more appropriate than ours.

4 hours ago, Tubby said:

I know Nige, but the catchment area is bigger than just Featherstone and other small towns have shown that decent crowds are feasible (Cas is hardly a metropolis).  The geography is only one factor, there is far more to the ability to generate good crowds, of which I would suggest a successful team is by far the greatest.

Well so is Bradfords catchment area, we cannot compete with their crowds, most people in Featherstone aren't even interested in watching the Rover's, they have better things to spend their money on and don't believe we will ever get into SL (which we won't - NOT wanted for a start) sadly RL is a dieing sport the way it is being run at present! 

On 10/26/2018 at 7:46 AM, hoolifan27 said:

ANd I did not say fax had signed ridyard I said spoken to along with bradford

he hasnt spoken to anyone he signed a 2 year contract at fev last year, his contract hasnt been mentioned its business as usual and thats from the hoeses gob

11 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Hopefully Delaney can string more than 1 game at a time together

Could turn into a shrewd signing though - prob not on as much wedge as people think due to his involvement in leeds foundation now 

Think these two points are the key ones, his injury record in recent years has been extensive, and it's hard to assess the signing without knowing how much we're paying him, but I doubt we're in the business of big-money signings at the moment and as you say he's on the Leeds Foundation .

Think the clue that he was coming to us was in the Leeds announcement a few weeks ago that he would be leaving them but playing a farewell game on Boxing Day, hard to envisage them being able to announce that if he was just going on the open market, sounds like a deal hatched betwen the two clubs and from our point of view a positive to our DR relationship with them.

I know Delaney's sole DR appearance for us didn't impress everyone but that was probably the only time in our entire use of DR that it did look like a player using us as part of getting back to fitness. The overall impression from Leeds fans is that Delaney has sometimes been too commited for his own good, if he stays fit then together with Lockwood we should have a real pair of tackling workhorses in the middle.

2 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

I was offered the chance to sponsor Maskill for next season, so that would suggest he is staying.

He'd be reasonably cheap, he played well in the Shield games, he can fill in at back row and we have no other recognised hookers in the squad at the moment, so signing him would make plenty of sense.

Delaney does worry me with his recent injuries as been mentioned on here if he stays fit we need someone experienced up top 

I personally would still like to see a couple more seasoned championship forwards in there .. Lockwood will always toil Wheeldon for me is very good but they need help anyone who has played the game know the forwards always lay the platform.. 

we have enough flair I think just a bit more beef required 

Archived