US World Cup and next Denver test match in doubt

Copa

I notice Adrian in his rant says it's feared the Cup won't be held in the US.Why publish this rubbish before it is certain.When it come s to negativity league take some beating.

9 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

Hold it in England/France two times in a row. There is always going to be a good turnout here. a WC every 12 years in OZ may make them show more interest as its rare then.

I'm afraid I watched the Matty Johns show and the attitude  to anything not SOO/NRL beggars belief and a WC there is not just rare, it's of no interest whatsoever. Pearls before Hogs an'all!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

This is a story by a NZ media outlet basically saying NZRL haven't been paid yet for Denver. All the rest is putting 2 and 2 together.

2025 in the US may fall flat but RL does like to go all out Armageddon before the actual facts emerge. How many Aus/NZ articles were saying the Denver test was toast?

24 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I'm afraid I watched the Matty Johns show and the attitude  to anything not SOO/NRL beggars belief and a WC there is not just rare, it's of no interest whatsoever. Pearls before Hogs an'all!

Keep it in the NH every 4 years then....sad but probably best.

I won't pay much attention to this until it is more than journalism gossip.

I have to say though, even since it was announced and I have had time to let it sink in, I still doubt that I will be watching to 2025 World Cup in North America. I really want it to happen and be a success, the pessimist in me just won't let me believe it just yet.. probably won't fully believe it until I see the first ball kicked off in New York/Toronto/Denver/Wherever. 

8 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Keep it in the NH every 4 years then....sad but probably best.

Yes it's not a situation or decision I come to lightly but I do know how much the French and English followers would relish the Fijians, Samoans etc. It might even get them off their bums! And the players of all countries deserve better than Aussie indifference and condescension. Don't we all?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

As far as I'm aware,  the sports of soccer, cricket and RU are all somehow miraculously managing to organise their own upcoming world cup tournaments without a promoter. 

I'm no businessman so maybe I'm being extremely naive and not grasping why a promoter is an absolute must to get the ball rolling for a US RLWC, but haven't all previous RLWCs gone ahead without a promoter?. Is the game so poorly run, and so lacking in the will, drive and ambition to actually put on and organise the tournament itself?

Having thought for 10 seconds I think I know the answer to that last question already.

4 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

What it actually says is that it hasnt yet been paid for a bill that isnt yet due. So its even less of a story.

The bill was due previously and they put in place another deadline for the promoter to meet. It is concerning but we shouldn’t jump to conclusions just yet

9 hours ago, Oxford said:

Australians are very parochial. I think the PM of New South Wales was not too fussed if the Japanese had invaded Queensland.

I am exaggerating (Perhaps. A bit. Well maybe a lot.).  But it was suggested that there was a 'Brisbane Line' proposed... allegedy. Big scandal, on a par with the ball tampering!

9 hours ago, Pyjamarama said:

As far as I'm aware,  the sports of soccer, cricket and RU are all somehow miraculously managing to organise their own upcoming world cup tournaments without a promoter. 

I'm no businessman so maybe I'm being extremely naive and not grasping why a promoter is an absolute must to get the ball rolling for a US RLWC, but haven't all previous RLWCs gone ahead without a promoter?. Is the game so poorly run, and so lacking in the will, drive and ambition to actually put on and organise the tournament itself?

Having thought for 10 seconds I think I know the answer to that last question already.

All of those international governing bodies have large staff base dedicated to delivering the international game.

The USARL and CRL have volunteers and amateurs. The RLIF have NIgel and two more regional managers. That is why a N American WC will need a promoter.

On 8/26/2018 at 8:30 AM, Manxmanc said:

Regardless of its merits, moving the WC from the US / Canada would effectively concede the territory to RU who are looking at a NA World Cup.

I feel union are smart enough to see that would not be finanically wise for them and potentially embarrassing. 

Dont be shocked if union goes to france and england alot as money talks. 

14 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

I feel union are smart enough to see that would not be finanically wise for them and potentially embarrassing. 

Dont be shocked if union goes to france and england alot as money talks. 

I completely disagree. The RU is a juggernaut and they could easily make a success of a world cup in the USA and Canada. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they took the 2027 world cup to north America. It's being held in Japan in 2019, and if they can do it in Japan, the USA and Canada would be no problem. Rugby union has lots of well supported international teams and the fans would travel in large numbers to north America.

5 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

I completely disagree. The RU is a juggernaut and they could easily make a success of a world cup in the USA and Canada. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they took the 2027 world cup to north America. It's being held in Japan in 2019, and if they can do it in Japan, the USA and Canada would be no problem. Rugby union has lots of well supported international teams and the fans would travel in large numbers to north America.

You obviously don't know much about North America and how far down the sports pecking order RU is here.

Archived