29 Sept: Qualifiers: London Broncos v Halifax KO 7.05pm (TV)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Halifax
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/18 at 18:05

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be very surprising if Halifax are not setting out for the game with the intention to cause an upset and claim a win.

They've not shown any signs of simply making up the numbers in the 8's and win, lose or draw, they will have a major say in the final shakedown for promotion places.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Deliberately sending a weakened team would be bad form at this stage particularly, that said I still think London will win comfortably. They know that winning by as big a margin as possible is going to be a big influence on what happens, as other teams, their future is in their hands.

c'mon lads, you can do it!

12 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fax to travel with weakend team so I would expect a blowout score and london to turn over the points difference to get the home game in the MPG.

9 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

How do you know this ? Or are you speculating ?

My bet, they come down full strength looking for one scalp in the 8s, and they always run us close.

Someone must have 'faxed him the info. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

16 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

How do you know this ? Or are you speculating ?

My bet, they come down full strength looking for one scalp in the 8s, and they always run us close.

We picked up some injuries to at least 3 first team regulars against Leeds not to mention Grix still doubtful. Maybe 1 or 2 of them will make it but I would be expecting a very yound squad that is named.

Results could see Broncos in the MPG in either Hull or Toronto. The home game in the MPG is probably gone now. And while hovering in the wings are Toulouse even a minor defeat would see Broncos in the MPG. Broncos need to win and win with an accomplished performance.to go into that game.

Whatever team Halifax have out, and it looks like it could be weaker than expected, they will play the full eighty and will want to get the win. As a club they are well coached and have arguably, of the clubs in the Chump, made the most of the current system. 

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

35 minutes ago, Quinskolar said:

London will put on a show as this will be (probably) the last home game this season. Be good to celebrate Wardys award with some champagne rugby. Fax deserve credit for what they have done this season. Been a top season, this London side just keeps going.

I would rest the top players and aim to win next week (at the risk of losing against an under strength Fax). Toronto will be quite tired

6 hours ago, Lobbygobbler said:

I would rest the top players and aim to win next week (at the risk of losing against an under strength Fax). Toronto will be quite tired

*Hull. Hull KR will be tired with a day less to prepare ;)

Archived