Brett Delaney Leaving Leeds

I sincerely hope Leeds give Delaney the send-off he surely deserves. One season short of a testimonial he has been a genuine asset to the Rhinos for such a long time.

He might not have been a flashy second rower like some others but over the last 9 seasons he has proved to be a class act in the engine room and deserves plenty of praise and will surely be missed.

I hope the Boxing Day game is all about Delaney and the Rhinos find a way into making it as close to a testimonial for him as they can.

An absolute legend, I can't think of a Leeds player who has given more of their body to the club's cause in my lifetime.

I'm really very surprised he is carrying on TBH. It can't be healthy for him to go on any longer.

I know he is supposed to be playing in the pre-season friendly but I do think this could have been announced last week so he could have had a proper send off with the other departing players, most of whom haven't achieved half as much as him.

1 hour ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

I sincerely hope Leeds give Delaney the send-off he surely deserves. One season short of a testimonial he has been a genuine asset to the Rhinos for such a long time.

He might not have been a flashy second rower like some others but over the last 9 seasons he has proved to be a class act in the engine room and deserves plenty of praise and will surely be missed.

I hope the Boxing Day game is all about Delaney and the Rhinos find away into making it as close to a testimonial for him as they can.

Arent certain players granted a testimonial adding up to months not as much as a year ? Ali Lauittiti was awarded a testimonial after he left Leeds to go to wakefield 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

I am kind of pleased to see him retire, and by that I mean before he does himself lasting damage. I have always got the impression that he is too hard for his own good. He seems to have played through the pain for his entire Leeds career. Absolute warrior.

12 minutes ago, chuffer said:

Really? Jamie peacock?  

Peacock was of course a superior player but he was a showpony in comparison. Delaney almost literally killed himself every game and could barely walk by the end of it. I'm amazed he thinks it's a good idea to try and play on even at a lower level.

Will have to take your word for that as im not a leeds fan...i always saw peacock run his blood to water when i watched him play for leeds...always rated delaney, definitely a great engine on him and under rated for sure but never thought him more generous in terms of effort than peacock or even ellis before he left for aus

55 minutes ago, chuffer said:

Will have to take your word for that as im not a leeds fan...i always saw peacock run his blood to water when i watched him play for leeds...always rated delaney, definitely a great engine on him and under rated for sure but never thought him more generous in terms of effort than peacock or even ellis before he left for aus

I don't particularly mean more effort, it's just Delaney has almost destroyed his body playing for Leeds, even before this season when he got his face smashed up. I'd be worried about what state he will be in when he gets to 50.

It sounds like it wasn’t planned in advance but after the season they’ve had they’ve reached a mutual agreement and he’ll do some stuff with the foundation and play a bit of part time rugby to take him off the cap and overseas allowance and allow Leeds to bring someone in. It’ll be interesting who else they’ve got lined up

8 hours ago, DoubleD said:

It sounds like it wasn’t planned in advance but after the season they’ve had they’ve reached a mutual agreement and he’ll do some stuff with the foundation and play a bit of part time rugby to take him off the cap and overseas allowance and allow Leeds to bring someone in. It’ll be interesting who else they’ve got lined up

He was off contract, no mutual agreement needed, just chose not to resign him.

Archived