Interesting development at Sheffield

coolie

News is about to break regarding Sheffield Eagles... 

They are under an embargo regarding players been signed from the RFL. 

So the 3 from the Ram's & the 5 from Batley are yet not signed on. 

Meanwhile the protector of Sheffield Nigel Wood... Is not there no more.. 

Watch this space.. 

7 hours ago, Fishmonger said:

So what is the official and bone fide provenance of this breaking news about Sheffield Eagles?  Or is it more bull pats from Rams Gate?

Ask any of the players you've lost to Sheffield, they've signed contracts, but the RFL are refusing to register them, tubby will weave his magic and this will all disappear. 

http://www.sheffieldeagles.com/article/51955/eagles-swoop-for-dewsbury-trio?fbclid=IwAR07uhx1VmGrHxL5LCvKcUnEHI8Sp1t17eTceM2QQqxLXjbOpo0v1ic3xAQ

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay, was just waiting for the student visas to come through....

why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

35 minutes ago, brummie-eagle said:

If I where you I wouldn’t be getting too clever yet. I just hope you’ve enough money to keep the contract payments up because you are really going for it.tbh I’d have thought you’d have sorted your sanitation issues out first. Good luck to Guzdek,Brown and Glover. 

I don't think any club in this league should be crowing about contract payments to anyone else given the state of the game. Not being clever, just always enjoy the fact this could be a Sheffield forum for all the threads about us on here....

why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

15 minutes ago, brummie-eagle said:

I don't think any club in this league should be crowing about contract payments to anyone else given the state of the game. Not being clever, just always enjoy the fact this could be a Sheffield forum for all the threads about us on here....

Well that's one thing cleared up, to a transparently of mud

Just the 10k transfer fee & been some how have more dual reg players than everybody else. 

I'm not gonna go there with other issues, 

All I'll say is.... 

Sheffield has more taps than a blind man's stick & watergate combined 

Let the fun begin.. 

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Dear Brummie Eagle, this, or any forum might as well be an Eagles Forum, there's nobody goes on the official one, I've tried!!

the massive fanbase do all their talking in the fancy clubhouse come gameday.........ho hang on a mo.:scenic:

18 hours ago, brummie-eagle said:

Brummie-Eagle - Do you know where Sheffield are getting all this money from?

It's the South Yorkshire thing the rfl love expansion. Fev used to suck all the talent up of mid table clubs now it's seagulls who swoop and swipe

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

24 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Fev used to suck all the talent up of mid table clubs now it's seagulls who swoop and swipe

I cannot speak for Guzdek and Brown, as I only really saw when they played us, I always thought the two were pretty good players though. Other than Davey I'm not bothered about the ones they have signed from us.

For the money they have allegedly thrown at players, I would be hoping for better than the ones they have picked up. I might be wrong, but I cannot really see them finishing much higher than they did this season. With the money they supposedly spent, I would be hoping to trouble the top 5, but I'm not convinced they will. 

I was disappointed to read that Brown, Guzdek and Glover had signed for Sheffield .... I would have liked all three to stay but I wish them the best with their new club ... but reflecting on the impact of their departure ..... 

Browny was a good player ... but not big enough for a forward and not fast enough or tricky enough for a half! ... had some great games, never forget the tries away at Fev and the long distance one at Swinton, but also had some very easily forgettable ones too.... shouldn't be too difficult to replace!

Guzdek burst onto the scene with an amazing first season ... then drifted a bit the next season and not really building on his first season ... this year has been very inconsistent with an absolute stinker away at Rochdale ... but equally an amazing performance away at Fev and all things in-between .... would have liked him to stay though ... but maybe needs another challenge ... not guaranteed first choice at Sheffield though.

Glover.... an enigma!!  Seemed average .. then seemed to develop some real pace and swerve .... then average ... was excellent at the back end of 2017 fully deserving his Amber Ribbon POY award ... but has been very poor this season .. probably demotivated by the way Kelly managed him ...  defence never being his strength .... it was his missed tackle that caused Reillys injury away at Swinton ...again shouldn't be too difficult to replace!

I hope my words don't return to haunt me but I dint think we should get too upset about these 3 departures .. They were not world beaters and especially with Glover who seemed to also have a negative effect on team morale... lets find 3 players who want to play for the team ..... and I know its only words so far but Greenwoood has charisma and appears well grounded .. if he can engender some real team spirit and we recruit a few half decent players ... then who knows what the season will bring ... hopefully at least a win against Sheffield!! 

Just a few thoughts whilst waiting for the test match ...... Right the test has just kicked off ... 

2 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

I was disappointed to read that Brown, Guzdek and Glover had signed for Sheffield .... I would have liked all three to stay but I wish them the best with their new club ... but reflecting on the impact of their departure ..... 

Browny was a good player ... but not big enough for a forward and not fast enough or tricky enough for a half! ... had some great games, never forget the tries away at Fev and the long distance one at Swinton, but also had some very easily forgettable ones too.... shouldn't be too difficult to replace!

Guzdek burst onto the scene with an amazing first season ... then drifted a bit the next season and not really building on his first season ... this year has been very inconsistent with an absolute stinker away at Rochdale ... but equally an amazing performance away at Fev and all things in-between .... would have liked him to stay though ... but maybe needs another challenge ... not guaranteed first choice at Sheffield though.

Glover.... an enigma!!  Seemed average .. then seemed to develop some real pace and swerve .... then average ... was excellent at the back end of 2017 fully deserving his Amber Ribbon POY award ... but has been very poor this season .. probably demotivated by the way Kelly managed him ...  defence never being his strength .... it was his missed tackle that caused Reillys injury away at Swinton ...again shouldn't be too difficult to replace!

I hope my words don't return to haunt me but I dint think we should get too upset about these 3 departures .. They were not world beaters and especially with Glover who seemed to also have a negative effect on team morale... lets find 3 players who want to play for the team ..... and I know its only words so far but Greenwoood has charisma and appears well grounded .. if he can engender some real team spirit and we recruit a few half decent players ... then who knows what the season will bring ... hopefully at least a win against Sheffield!! 

Just a few thoughts whilst waiting for the test match ...... Right the test has just kicked off ... 

we needed a clear out.wont miss Glover just a bit worried no additions yet.However in Greenwood we trust.

6 hours ago, 9' oller said:

It's the South Yorkshire thing the rfl love expansion. Fev used to suck all the talent up of mid table clubs now it's seagulls who swoop and swipe

They have ben around for 30 years 9'O.

It's like when people talk about London as if they are recent upstarts; they aren't.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Players move on. Let's hope that we can replace them with something equal, or even better.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

They have ben around for 30 years 9'O.

It's like when people talk about London as if they are recent upstarts; they aren't.

Is that true I thought a new club was formed after the original merged with Huddersfield... but hey old age and wisdom and all that! Next you'll be telling me Bradford have a long and noble past even though they ceased to exist a few seasons ago!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Is that true I thought a new club was formed after the original merged with Huddersfield... but hey old age and wisdom and all that! Next you'll be telling me Bradford have a long and noble past even though they ceased to exist a few seasons ago!

The only Noble thing about Bradford is some former player. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

16 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:

we needed a clear out.wont miss Glover just a bit worried no additions yet.However in Greenwood we trust.

One thing that has occurred to me is that this will be the first coach we have had since the exciting days of Norman Smith, that our coach has been an ex back (not sure what Roy Sampson was in his playing days though). We just might see some rugby played with the emphasis on attack instead of up the middle grind, which will be nice for a change.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived