Toronto

Fascinating story in League Express. David Argyle is going to sell off some of his stake in Toronto (he will still retain more than 50%) to raise around C$10m. The investors will make and sell Wolfpack-branded sports drinks, ‘wellness’ and booze.

Also their players weren’t paid on time in December, surprised by that.

Well the season hasn't even started and already the haters are up and posting...unbelievable. 

Previously, according to Man of Kent, the Wolfpack had just over about 10 fans....and SL 17 thought they were worth nothing (actually running in the red)....I guess both were wrong yet again.

When are you guys going to get with the program and out of the Rimmer mindset?  There is a whole New World  out there just waiting to be discovered....its true...you are both missing the kayak.

"Run With The Pack!"

Just now, SL17 said:

Yeah, whatever.

Six pack from now on..

A case of beer over here for a Wolfpack fan is a Two Four or 24 beer in a case....you best stick to just buying a single beer or possibly a half pint (*will leave some room for those tears after your see our starting lineup).  

Just now, SL17 said:

You should know by now, its not the starting line-up that counts.

You just can't let it go can you?...you just can't admit that you were wrong on everything about this club from the very start...I think it might just be time for you to cut bait and eat the losses, before you get in any deeper waters.  There is no shame in admitting you were were wrong about the Wolfpack; there were many others equally shortsighted.

Never underestimate the Canadians!  We are the movers and shakers of the New World come to visit...I think we just might stay for a little while.

Just now, SL17 said:

Why would the TWP require an additional £6m just for 2019?

Has the private funding gone AWOL?

I will try to explain it to you one last time...its like I'm paddling against a strong headwind and current but I'll make it simple for ya. 

The additional money will be used to fund the 'EXPANSION'...all of the owners are 'rowing' in  the same direction (from the article).  The private funding is also expanding to fuel the 'GROWTH'...the club is only a few years old and has developed a 20-30 million dollar (CDN) brand.  Clothing sales/profits have expecially been through the roof (WOW!!!! $$$$$$$$$).

This is just the beginning of what will eventually be one of the largest and most successful League Clubs in the world.  Thats the Goal....thats the Plan.

Do you get it now?

7 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I will try to explain it to you one last time...its like I'm paddling against a strong headwind and current but I'll make it simple for ya. 

The additional money will be used to fund the 'EXPANSION'...all of the owners are 'rowing' in  the same direction (from the article).  The private funding is also expanding to fuel the 'GROWTH'...the club is only a few years old and has developed a 20-30 million dollar (CDN) brand.  Clothing sales/profits have expecially been through the roof (WOW!!!! $$$$$$$$$).

This is just the beginning of what will eventually be one of the largest and most successful League Clubs in the world.  Thats the Goal....thats the Plan.

Do you get it now?

One of the largest and most successful... 

Come on KMan Puts some flesh on the bones. You are better than this.

All clubs can claim that. It’s up there with ‘one of the fastest growing brands’.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Just now, Manx RL said:

One of the largest and most successful... 

Come on KMan Puts some flesh on the bones. You are better than this.

All clubs can claim that. It’s up there with ‘one of the fastest growing brands’.

Yes, that is the Plan.   Once the new part owners are revealed you will understand:

"Argyle declined to identify the companies at this stage, saying he is awaiting the proper paperwork given two are publicly listed on Canada exchanges."

Its happening!

"Grow With The Pack!"

51 minutes ago, SL17 said:

They might buy some actual marquee players instead of NRL has-beens.

36 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Nice goal and all but SL clubs are so far behind NRL clubs it's not funny. They've got decades until they could catch up.

new rise.jpg

I don't really understand the deal. Hopefully it is all for the good as Argyle still overs over 50% of the club. However, there is no excuse for players not being payed on time when the club is owned by someone as rich as this.  Really bad form.

1 hour ago, frank said:

I wonder what Parksider will make of that.Will be interesting.

Right now he's too busy laughing and patting himself on the back to type.

You could also read this:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/2019/01/06/missed-payroll-just-a-glitch-says-toronto-wolfpack.html

The mere fact the article exists at all shows you how far the Wolfpack have penetrated into the Toronto sporting culture

It's hard to pick this a part really, team has received a cash injection and has 'spread the risk' by bringing in a series of new investors.

Firstly this reduces the Argyle reliance, which strategically is a smart long term move, and secondly the addition of Canadian based investors ensures the club remains in Canada long term.

The payroll thing is not ideal, but I've worked for massive multinationals who have stuffed this up at times. So long as they resolve it quickly and don't repeat it, then it is just a blip.

I'll be interested to see if the new products do well, but if they are being obtained by listed companies, you'd assume they have more than crunched the numbers and have experience in licensing these types of products.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

5 hours ago, SL17 said:

Has the private funding gone AWOL?

They won’t get anywhere near that figure as free cash to spend. It’s a refinancing deal.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

48 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

You could also read this:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/2019/01/06/missed-payroll-just-a-glitch-says-toronto-wolfpack.html

The mere fact the article exists at all shows you how far the Wolfpack have penetrated into the Toronto sporting culture

It very interesting to read that Toronto have 15 investors and 7 who have serious stakes. That is quite a bit different than the one man band and them being dependent on Argyle myth that some like to peddle on here. It also spreads the risk far more than would be the case at just about every RL club in the UK.

8 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Fascinating story in League Express. David Argyle is going to sell off some of his stake in Toronto (he will still retain more than 50%) to raise around C$10m. The investors will make and sell Wolfpack-branded sports drinks, ‘wellness’ and booze.

Also their players weren’t paid on time in December, surprised by that.

I bet tha has made your day...week...month...year even. Oh the joy! ?

10 hours ago, SL17 said:

So he's selling £6m worth of TWP? Yet still retaining more than 50%. He doesn't own the ground, the only asset being the brand.

Just how much is TWP worth?

Sounds like this guy could sell ice to the eskimos..........good luck to them.

Be interesting to see if any Wolfpack branded Energy drinks, booze or wellness products show up over here in the uk.

Safe to say they are going to walk the championship this year and i'll be glad when they are in super league where they belong.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Just now, Pulga said:

They might buy some actual marquee players instead of NRL has-beens.

Nice goal and all but SL clubs are so far behind NRL clubs it's not funny. They've got decades until they could catch up.

Rome wasn't built in a day.  Never say never...The Pack are moving quick over here, with the purpose of a serious hunt in mind, we are at the top of the food chain (if some others don't know it yet is not our problem):  

The Rhino trembles in fear; he knows our wrath. 

Archived