Sun 17 Feb: SL: Salford Red Devils v Leeds Rhinos KO 3pm

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/19 at 15:00

Leeds score two while Reds were down to 12.

14-30.

Walker gets another.

14-34.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14-46 now.

4 hours ago, Brigg Rover said:

Leeds have a very average pack and poor half backs. If teams play the men in front of them rather than the name of the "club" then they are a lower half team, Salford with a full compliment should win.

Looks like Salford thought they were playing an NCL team.

18 hours ago, Ant said:

Salford are a very good side, especially their best 17 and will run better teams than Leeds close this season. If they keep fit they are dark horses imo.

Oh dear got this one wrong, stick to your day job.

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Oh dear got this one wrong, stick to your day job.

That comment would carry a bit more weight had you made a prediction yourself.

Hindsight, etc, etc...

7 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

That comment would carry a bit more weight had you made a prediction yourself.

Hindsight, etc, etc...

Granted I'll take that one on the chin. To be honest didn't think we would win but that score shocked me.

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Granted I'll take that one on the chin. To be honest didn't think we would win but that score shocked me.

Every team seem to be capable of beating every other team.

With one exception, obviously...:sad: :rolleyes:

Damn!

Back down to Earth with a bump. Not too surprised at the result (Leeds are very much our bogey team), but the scoreline is a major shock.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

19 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

It was a close game until that point. A few handbags. A Salford player gets sinbinned and Leeds score twice. I would say that sums it up pretty well.

8 tries to 2. 

I suspect there was a bit more to it than a sin binning! 

3 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

I await to see why a Salford player was sin binned and a Leeds player wasn't. There is no doubt that that changed the game.

Leeds scored two when Salford where down a man,how about the others when it was 13 a side?

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

3 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Yes. Thought you would be along soon. One was a blatant forward pass (as ever) and the others were when the game had been lost. Until the sin binning, it was a close game. That ruined it. Anyway, we are still above you in the league for now.

I know it was a close game and I asked a genuine question and expected the Leeds cheated response.So Salford gave up after being robbed by the ref,is that it in a nutshell (again,a genuine question)

Enjoy your moment in the sun.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

17 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

8 tries to 2. 

I suspect there was a bit more to it than a sin binning!  

It was a close game until the sin bin, and I saw no reason why there had to be a sin bin. Certainly not from just one side. However, it is not the fault of the officials that Salford completely gave up defending down the middle after that sin bin. If I can remember rightly I think Leeds only scored one converted try and a penalty when Salford were down to 12. I am gutted that Salford collapsed the way they did because I was looking forward to telling everybody that James Child was the difference for Leeds. Leeds were consistently off side but rarely punished and the game was a forward pass - a - thon. It's been well documented elsewhere that I am not a Super League fan but this season I decided to "bite the bullet" and throw my allegiance behind my home City club - Salford, and go to games with my son. However, during the first half I found myself thinking "There is no way I can spend a whole season watching this standard of match officiating". I will stick with it for now but I might have to re-think my priorities. I am not a loyal supporter - I go where I feel I am being entertained. I so hope that Salford do well this season but I hope I never see James Child again.

57 minutes ago, Ant said:

Well done, have a cookie.

My comment however remains entirely valid. Salford will run much better teams than Leeds close this season 

Seems a bit baseless considering Leeds were the hardest opposition Salford have had so far and got well beaten. I like Salford and hope they build on the otherwise good start they've had to the season, but it does seem there was some misplaced confidence in how well they would do against a Leeds side that yes, aren't at their top of game at the moment, but in reality by next week will have played the 3 best sides in the comp in Saints, Wigan and Wire. 

Edit: all away from home I should add. 

The game needs two refs or linemen that contribute more effectively.

leeds had moments where they played with more pace and intent and prob deserved the win. 

But as has been mentioned on here already quite a few forward passes missed and the handbags incident decision that resulted in Turgut getting sent off was a joke. Confirmed in the disaplinary review.

i gave up a few years ago and what I’ve seen since I’ve started watching again is putting me off again.

the game is simply too fast for one ref at this level.

3 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Seems a bit baseless considering Leeds were the hardest opposition Salford have had so far and got well beaten. 

I've no idea how things will pan out for Leeds this season, we've had one really decent regular season out of the past eight. 

It's much easier though to see how desperately badly fans of poorly supported mid ranking Yorkshire clubs want it to go.

Archived