The Kitchen

We now have the a mind boggling selection of cooking methods available in our kitchen.

A double oven + hob

Microwave

Halogen oven

Large slow cooker to cook enough for freezing

Small slow cooker

Air fryer

It is getting bonkers.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 minutes ago, Mister Ting said:

I presume you don't have a galley.

I love my air fryer.

Our kitchen is a galley kitchen ?

We love our air fryer.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

8 minutes ago, Padge said:

We now have the a mind boggling selection of cooking methods available in our kitchen.

A double oven + hob

Microwave

Halogen oven

Small slow cooker

Air fryer

It is getting bonkers.

Just need a George Foreman grill, popcorn maker, toasted sandwich maker, sous-vide, pressure cooker, digital multicooker, electric pizza oven, double electric grill and a fondue set and you will be good to go!

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Just need a George Foreman grill, popcorn maker, toasted sandwich maker, sous-vide, pressure cooker, digital multicooker, electric pizza oven, double electric grill and a fondue set and you will be good to go!

I wouldn't mind a George Foreman grill. I'm sure it's better than our Carl Lewis grill.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

12 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Make sure that you get all of theses items BEFORE the Brexit...could be a shortage.

38 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Gave away half of those, it was hard work going to the garage to get them on the one occasion a year we used them.

1 hour ago, Padge said:

A double oven + hob

Microwave

Halogen oven

Small slow cooker

Air fryer

It is getting bonkers.

The missus said we should get an airfryer, she explained that it would be better than the deep fat fryer as a low fat option...

...I said nothing and she saw my mood darken...

...we agreed we would never speak of it again.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Aga and microwave is where our cooking starts and stops. Toaster is another I suppose, but you can do that on the aga as well... 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Fan Oven.

Electric Hob - I'd prefer gas or induction for faster temperature changes, but the landlord does the installation and pays for it.

Slow Cooker. Used every weekend at least once. 

Remoska - aren't I being wilfully different? Actually, it is very a useful occasional gizmo.

Coffee Bean Roaster.

I got rid of the Microwave a few years ago, as I figured I could do without it once my regular oven was upgraded. Haven't missed it yet.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

55 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Aga and microwave is where our cooking starts and stops. Toaster is another I suppose, but you can do that on the aga as well... 

You must live up Birchcliffe.

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Fan Oven.

Electric Hob - I'd prefer gas or induction for faster temperature changes, but the landlord does the installation and pays for it.

Slow Cooker. Used every weekend at least once. 

Remoska - aren't I being wilfully different? Actually, it is very a useful occasional gizmo.

Coffee Bean Roaster.

I got rid of the Microwave a few years ago, as I figured I could do without it once my regular oven was upgraded. Haven't missed it yet.

Microwave we only use for starting off jackets that then go into the halogen, the very occasional (that is very very) ping meal and for the very good Vete rice. 

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

I’ve not had a microwave for over 10 years and don’t miss it, I’ve got a thermomix though - great piece of kit!

If anyone is wondering what a Thermomix is, let the Katering Show enlighten you.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Mister Ting said:

You must live up Birchcliffe.

At the house I grew up in, the previous occupants (who were a bit lairy) had an Aga. Apparently if it went out because they'd been away a few days, either on the lash or in the cells, they re-lit it by pouring in a load of petrol, chucking in a lit match and running like hell.

When my family moved in, we decided that buying a replacement unit was safer than using the existing one.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

At the house I grew up in, the previous occupants (who were a bit lairy) had an Aga. Apparently if it went out because they'd been away a few days, either on the lash or in the cells, they re-lit it by pouring in a load of petrol, chucking in a lit match and running like hell.

When my family moved in, we decided that buying a replacement unit was safer than using the existing one.

I'm confused now.?

Anyhow, thanks for the family history.

1 hour ago, RidingPie said:

I’ve got a sous vide circulator, the steaks and slow cooked meat joints (like brisket and pork shoulder)are absolutely divine. Plus I get to finish the steaks off with a manly blow torch. 

Does anyone else sous vide here. My Danish friends got me in to it. 

I've done sous-vide salmon steaks in a beer cooler a couple of times.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Let's see, what have I got? 

A tiny fridge freezer where all the freezer drawers are snapped or broken cos I keep ramming frozen chickens in and it ices up and traps said bird in there. Also for some reason water pools in the bottom of the fridge so I have a towel in there. 

I've got a £6 tesco very basic kettle that decides whether it wants to turn on or not. 

A £6 (I think) tesco very basic toaster that is so small you have to flip the bread over halfway through or it doesn't do the top inch of your slice. 

A cooker which has the grill and oven in the same hole (which I didn't realise when I bought it) meaning I can't use both options at the same time. 

And a microwave which doesn't really have any problems yet, although it does have grease from microwave burgers splattered all over it! 

Archived