Fri 29 Mar: SL: Hull FC v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/03/19 at 19:45

17 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Lee Radford's post match reaction.

"If that's what the top of the tree looks like then we've got a lot of work to do. We were second in every department."

Asked what he said at HT he responded: "I was going to ring Chezzy (Chris Chester) and see what he said last week."

You clueless twonk, just go already ... I'm properly narked now!

He does seem good at the smart assed comments, less good at his actual job.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

Not only radford but peacock and others. These people are nothing more than neanderthal,  they were good players because of their brute force skills sets. However coaching is another dimension and brain cells count and unfortunately their ilk are totally lacking . No wonder we are miles behind the Aussies when we employ such people

When has Peacock been a coach?

I’m not really sure where Hull are going under Radford so I understand the calls for him to go. They certainly seem to be regressing. Tonight was not a flash in the pan. 

After the dire end of season to 2018, I expected a clear out and a raft of new players in. Instead they have kept ageing forwards of Minichello, Manu and Paea and brought in journeymen of Thompson and Dawson. There doesn’t seem to be any strategy or long term planning going on and performances are erratic at best, often flattering to deceive. It would be nice if someone like Marshall at Fax was given a shot at the top level

Well, I don't think many saw that scoreline coming. My mate reckons they'll let Radford see out his contract and part company.

They will lose a few of their bigger names at the end of the season, which might not be a bad thing in some cases. 

Albert Kelly's brother has again told me he will be coming back to Australia at the season end.

It’s a bit easy to overlook Radford’s achievements during this crisis.   He’s won two trophies for the club and deserves to be remembered for that.

However, he’s had his time at Hull and they need fresh blood and ideas moving forward.   I’ve got no doubt Radford can do a decent job with a different club, but his time at Hull is certainly at an end, and It Would be a shame for him to be remembered for the wrong reasons.

Yesterday afternoon, I contacted the organiser of our away coach trips to ask how many he needed to fill the bus for next week's trip to Salford. He replied "About 20".

Sadly, after last night's embarrassment, I think he'll need almost a full bus.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

22 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

It’s a bit easy to overlook Radford’s achievements during this crisis.   He’s won two trophies for the club and deserves to be remembered for that.

However, he’s had his time at Hull and they need fresh blood and ideas moving forward.   I’ve got no doubt Radford can do a decent job with a different club, but his time at Hull is certainly at an end, and It Would be a shame for him to be remembered for the wrong reasons.

That's the thing. I'd like to remember Radford for those cup wins, so think it's important he goes now before it gets any worse. As a club, we seem to have more embarrassing defeats than any other despite the success we've had recently and that's got to be down to something within.

The defense last night is the worst I've seen for a home game. Warrington really wanted it, and we didn't. We simply surrendered to their effort. Some of the ways they walked through our line untouched were depressing. The sheer number of overlaps was outrageous at this level. There was a point where if they just past out wide, you knew they'd score because of the numbers game. Too many people out of position and out of their depth.

Where was the leadership? Who was trying to motivate us on the field? Organise? Everyone looked quiet.

If it wasn't for Albert Kelly, that game would have been a whitewash.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

8 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

As for a new coach, who's about? Who could we convince to come at this stage? I've heard Shaun Edwards is still available...

Shaun Wane or Tony Smith would be a vast improvement. 

I doubt it'll happen though, I think Lee Radford will get until the end of his contract as rumoured. 

6 minutes ago, Yorkie44 said:

Shaun Wane or Tony Smith would be a vast improvement. 

I doubt it'll happen though, I think Lee Radford will get until the end of his contract as rumoured. 

I think you'd will depend on the Derby result. If that's an embarrassment, hell be sacked. I can't see us being Salford away.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

It's definitely down to coaching and leadership.

If Gareth Ellis had been playing last night, there wouldn't have been that scoreline, of that I'm certain.

1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

Do you think he’d have charged down Austin’s drop goal?

Sorry but humour is the last thing on my mind at the moment.

58 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

As for a new coach, who's about? Who could we convince to come at this stage? I've heard Shaun Edwards is still available...

Richard Agar seems to be doing a good job at Leeds:lol:.  Maybe he has got unfinished business at Hull.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

45 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I think you'd will depend on the Derby result. If that's an embarrassment, hell be sacked. I can't see us being Salford away.

I think it'll be a derby win, but that'll be the prevobial sticking plaster. I'm envisaging a 7-8th finish, which is not good enough in my opinion. 

37 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

If Gareth Ellis had been playing last night, there wouldn't have been that scoreline, of that I'm certain.

You are probably right, but it's a sad state of affairs when we need a 38 year old out of retirement to instill us with a bit of pride and motivation.

There are only so many times you can shout at people and kick things around the changing room before it loses its impact, and unfortunately I don't think Radford knows another way.

I would take Tony Smith in a heartbeat if he is ready to return to coaching. Someone who is calm and considered, understands the game, and understands that a different approach is sometimes required to get the best out of people.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Not a great sign when you have to rely on a bloke who’s retired!

23 minutes ago, chuffer said:

Could ellis be player/coach going forward? Does he have any coaching credentials?

I don't think it would be good idea to have an unproven coach again. As good as Ellis is I wouldn't want to upset his standing with his club ala Cunningham.

A proven quality coach is what's needed.

23 minutes ago, Yorkie44 said:

I don't think it would be good idea to have an unproven coach again. As good as Ellis is I wouldn't want to upset his standing with his club ala Cunningham.

A proven quality coach is what's needed.

I would be happy to keep Ellis on as an assistant, but we need a fresh face with new ideas. As you say, someone proven.

5 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I'll lay a charitable £5 wager he will do nothing of note in 5 years, no, 20 years as a coach. He failed miserably in his first two seasons, built up an over the cap squad for 2016 incl a marquee player and got ridiculously lucky with injuries and still only just scraped a 4 game tournament win. We fell off a cliff thereafter. He's failed to reach the playoffs 3 out of 5 seasons and we bottled it when it mattered in the league and didn't even reach a SL final. basically he's bang average, odds of winning the CC are narrow as you only need win 4 games, Kear won the CC with much less resources to hand and was sacked off for far less, as indeed was Sharp and Gentle.

He'll end up somewhere like Widnes or Bradford.

Archived