Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Old Frightful

Hull FC turn down massive offer for Jake Connor...

£500,000 from Leeds apparently.

In League Express I've heard.

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Can you imagine the backlash from fans if they sold him!

In the days of Kath, this would probably have happened for £50k whether we liked it or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 minute ago, northamptoncougar said:

Great player but he’s not what they need. They need an organising half not another runner.

Connor is more of an organising half than a runner.

He's exactly what they need.

• Like 1

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

I’m positive I’ve heard Conor say that he doesn’t play structures and just what he sees, the problem is that everyone at Leeds does that.

Edited by northamptoncougar

Sounds like typical Leeds panic buying when things ain't going their way!  I expect they'll be linked with a few players at other clubs in the next few weeks...   Unfortunately (as Gareth Ellis regaled at a dinner I went to) Leeds are maybe not quite the draw they think they are any more!

If Hull are to keep improving, then the sale of someone with the possible future before Connor, would be suicidal (at least to me and OF)!

😭

• Haha 1

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

5 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

Sounds like typical Leeds panic buying when things ain't going their way!  I expect they'll be linked with a few players at other clubs in the next few weeks...   Unfortunately (as Gareth Ellis regaled at a dinner I went to) Leeds are maybe not quite the draw they think they are any more!

If Hull are to keep improving, then the sale of someone with the possible future before Connor, would be suicidal (at least to me and OF)!

😭

How is it typical leeds? in the SL era who have we panic bought? Harris maybe (which worked) but all of our success has been because of our academy, and by all accounts that is where our future success will come from.

I rate conner, highly, but he’s no Iestyn Harris IMO

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I rate conner, highly, but he’s no Iestyn Harris IMO

Maybe not but Connor is far better.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

I’d be going for Jackson Hastings, a prop and a second row

That’s a bit unfair on Hastings there’s more to his game than being a prop. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Maybe not but Connor is far better.

He’s really not. Harris was a once in a generation type player, Conner as good as he is, isn’t that.

and Interesting that you don’t counter my point that it’s ‘typical’ Leeds

16 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

He’s really not. Harris was a once in a generation type player, Conner as good as he is, isn’t that.

It's certainly not typical Hetherington.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

First point  I was picking you up on spelling.

Second point, it wasn't me that said "typical Leeds".

21 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

£500k sounds very unrealistic. Do teams even have that money these days?

Leeds do, Hull don't. Hence why Leeds thought it could be a flyer.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

£500,000 from Leeds apparently.

In League Express I've heard.

I would suggest if the offer was that high and no strings attached Hull FC would have sold.

I would suggest there were strings attached that Hull FC  couldn't accept.

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

I would suggest if the offer was that high and no strings attached Hull FC would have sold.

I would suggest there were strings attached that Hull FC  couldn't accept.

Why? Jake Connor is already one of the best and most marketable players in SL, and his best years are still ahead of him. What difference is having £500,000 in the coffers going to make really? It pays a few guys salary for a year, meanwhile a potential all time great of the club is tearing it up for one of our main rivals? No thanks.

• Like 2

That's a lot of money for a Championship team.

😉

• Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

3 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

0.5 million for Connor😂😂😂😂😂😂.

He's not the Messiah ...............

Sometimes he’s  a naughty boy though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

rldfsignature.jpg

6 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Sometimes he’s  a naughty boy though.

I set them up,you finish it off.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.