Joe Westerman signs for Wakey.

Two year deal.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

20 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

He should write a world guide for Lonely Planet, such is his Journeymanship*....

*possibly a completely made up word.  Please clarify with that lady from Countdown.

If we're talking about Rachel Riley, is that a euphemism? ???

Good signing for Wakefield. It looked nailed on that he had signed for Leeds.

There has always been a question mark over his attitude, but he has mostly performed very well for us since his return and I am disappointed that he is leaving.

We needed to freshen up the pack for sure, but I worry we are going too far with it. Looks like there will be a massive turnover. Westerman won't be easily replaced.

19 minutes ago, MZH said:

Good signing for Wakefield. It looked nailed on that he had signed for Leeds.

There has always been a question mark over his attitude, but he has mostly performed very well for us since his return and I am disappointed that he is leaving.

We needed to freshen up the pack for sure, but I worry we are going too far with it. Looks like there will be a massive turnover. Westerman won't be easily replaced.

Might be seen as being a little on the young side for Hull, with Gaz Ellis playing till he's 65 probably wants his 13 shirt back.

There were unsubstantiated rumours of a bust-up with Scott Taylor a week or so ago. Possibly nothing in it, possibly HFC moving him along for the good of team spirit.

Either way, Wakefield have made a good signing.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

48 minutes ago, MZH said:

There has always been a question mark over his attitude

I always thought he was solid when on the pitch at Warrington, but the rumours about his attitude I think are related to his influence on other players off the pitch.   So the story goes anyhow.   He had an outstanding start to his career but then sort of became 'solid but not spectacular'.

1 minute ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I always thought he was solid when on the pitch at Warrington, but the rumours about his attitude I think are related to his influence on other players off the pitch.   So the story goes anyhow.   He had an outstanding start to his career but then sort of became 'solid but not spectacular'.

A good signing on paper but there is a question mark on his attitude. I am happier with Leeds signing Mellor than Westerman

31 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

There were unsubstantiated rumours of a bust-up with Scott Taylor a week or so ago. Possibly nothing in it, possibly HFC moving him along for the good of team spirit.

Either way, Wakefield have made a good signing.

This is true, no coincidence Liam Watts is with Westerman sister and Watts n Taylor didn't get on at all. Then St and JW had a fight at training the week of the catalan game, both was dropped however JW ended up been brought in as a late replacement. Well done to Lee Radford for getting rid of the trouble n bad eggs at the club. No one bigger!!! 

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

A good signing on paper but there is a question mark on his attitude. I am happier with Leeds signing Mellor than Westerman

Didn’t realise Mellor had signed at Leeds but yes I’d definitely be a happier Leeds fan if that was the case.   Mellor can be quality behind a good pack and alongside an organisational half.   Wasn’t that long ago he was being touted for an England shirt.

4 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Didn’t realise Mellor had signed at Leeds but yes I’d definitely be a happier Leeds fan if that was the case.   Mellor can be quality behind a good pack and alongside an organisational half.   Wasn’t that long ago he was being touted for an England shirt.

Alex Mellor that is, not Joe

Never really fulfilled his potential.

He has been much better this time around at Hull, but still goes missing occasionally and I for one am quite happy to see him go.

If some of the expected signings are announced as definites, I think we have replacements coming in next year to form a formidable pack ?

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Whilst Westerman has always had question marks around his off-field attitude, I must admit I have never had an issue with his on-field performances. I have always thought he is a very good player, and even at Wire's dire year which saw Smith move on, I thought he was our best player in tough times. 

But, if his issues are off-field then nobody can complain about him being moved on.

Hull were prepared to offer him a one year deal so we can't have been that desperate to ship him out in a hurry.

He's got himself a two year deal at a decent club, good luck to him.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

25 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

A player that had the ability but sadly never had the right attitude, he’s found his level at Wakefield.

A quick glance at the league table would suggest that, by your reckoning, he's still too good for Leeds.

3 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Aha!   Yes, I now remember from last week!

The Joe variety might also be of benefit at the moment, however ?

Nah, we're on a roll now, 2 wins in a row...............Saints are already looking over their shoulder, scared that we're gonna turn them over in another Grand Final ?

exactly the sort of player WAKEY don't need, a typical example of the modern professional fake, now he is even nearer his beloved fryson/Airedale it should be like throwing money in the calder. hes already been through more clubs than Bernard manning - why are clubs so stupid?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Archived