Sign in to follow this  
RayCee

2019 Championship Attendances Are In

21 hours ago, RayCee said:

Fantastic season:

https://rugbyl.blogspot.com/2019/04/uk-championship-attendances-2019.html

Attendances through the roof. 

Good bit of work this. 

Would be interested to see list of each club’s highest home gate for the season and who the opposition were. 

• Like 1

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

The weather here in November is waaay better than in February. Probably the same as in England. And it is supposed to be a summer league - why does it start in the middle of winter anyway?

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

May I ask where you obtain these figures RayCee?

Are these the official attendances, or are these taken from the Rugby Press for example?

The reason I ask, I have noticed quite a discrepancy in the figures published by the League Weekly and League Express some weeks.  

I have also had some very similar experiences to Gav7094 at several grounds this season. Some of the published figures are quite frankly laughable. The Sheffield away game for us for example, was akin the last match at Halifax a few seasons ago BluesOx referenced earlier in the thread, which was officially reported at around 3k, when the reality was around 800. 

I realise this is very skeptical, but I find it highly unlikely that every figure will be accurate, given that a clubs future funding will be influenced by the increase in gates.

They come from the press and yes, there are at times discrepancies. Mostly they are the same though. I'm not sure why there aren't official figures published from the RFL. Even then, it comes down to the figures they are given being accurate. 

I realise that these stats are a guide rather than absolute. However, what they do show is that the Championship had a well supported year. They also indicate which clubs did well and those less so. 

Every stat you ever read will have some level of inaccuracy. How many people were living in the UK in 2018? I guarantee any figure on that is not 100% accurate. With any figures what we hope for is for it to be as close enough to 100% as possible, so as to give a fair indicator of the truth. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

18 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Move somewhere warmer then 

As opposed to not forcing them to play home games when they can't host them? The issue isn't just the weather, it's the fact that their city-owned stadium is domed for community use until mid-April every year.

But no, teams freaking out over the Wolfpack not being forced to fly back and forth every week is far more important than a simple and logical scheduling adjustment.

5 minutes ago, Lamport Life said:

As opposed to not forcing them to play home games when they can't host them? The issue isn't just the weather, it's the fact that their city-owned stadium is domed for community use until mid-April every year.

But no, teams freaking out over the Wolfpack not being forced to fly back and forth every week is far more important than a simple and logical scheduling adjustment.

Funnily enough the Wolfpack are doing that anyway , they played Leigh at Lamport on Saturday and will face either York or Toulouse a week on Sunday , but they've still flown ' away ' to the UK a day after playing at ' home ' 

As I've put previously , for me they could play their loop fixtures 1st all in the UK , leaving an even number of trips to Canada for each other team , and allowing Toronto to play in groups of 2 giving equal travel to everybody 

This is why we should leave the leagues as they are. League 1 to nurture expansion and help established clubs consolidate (W'haven eg).

Already to look forward to unless one goes up is the wife is letting me go to Toulouse again (new ground next year) and York (hopefully the same) are big games now vs the Bulls. I think Bradford will lose about 1000 from Odsal attendances. Mainly due to the "floating fan".

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah