36 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

So, for the avoidance of any doubt, could anyone who agrees with Folaus’ views, or maybe thinks he’s not so bad, come forward? 

Are we going to stone them?

I love a good stoning.

This rugby's good enough for Jehovah ...

• Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

19 minutes ago, RMBJ said:

A quick summary;

Everyone* on the thread agrees Folau's views are wrong. Most describe them as offensive.

Everyone agrees he has a right to have those views, however some think he doesn't have the right to say them.

A majority of those expressing an opinion think that employing Folau after he has made those views public is a bad idea.

Strawmen comparisons with other individuals that have committed crimes against other individuals is bad logic and a silly distraction.

Anything else?

* Except Frank

Yeah he's #### at rugby too

Edited by Tonka

58 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

I find it deeply puzzling you don't get so offended by people who have bashed their partners or terrorirised an innocent family but someone quotes a.few words from the bible and you think the world has ended 

Your and others priorities are severely mixed up 

You are genuinely just making stuff up now. 

Where has anyone saying they disapprove of Folau's signing defended what Matthew Lodge did? I for one was absolutely flabbergasted that Brisbane signed him. I suspect many others are too. Particularly given all the noises the NRL have made about supporting white ribbon day and associated campaigns. Sadly that ship has sailed.

If it hasn't been mentioned overtly on this thread then I suspect there's a reason. We aren't discussing Matthew Lodge. We're discussing Israel Folau.

14 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It's okay. The ending leaves it open for a sequel.

thanks for ruining the ending for me i wasnt up to that bit yet.

wow that sodom and gomorrah thing was interesting

im going to make a prediction, and im happy to be proven wrong

this is folau's last chance to resurrect his rugby career

NRL, ARU, FFR have all said no chance.

he probably has five years left, so he stands to make over 5 million dollars

since he loves money so much i suspect he will put his head down and let his skills do the talking and have a brilliant season

and then i suspect when his catalans contract is up french union will be happy to take him off your hands at much higher wages.

18 hours ago, RL does what Sky says said:

I wonder what the reaction would be if such derogatory comments were made about Allah ? 

Charlie Hebdo

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

He doesn't choose his religion 

What? are you kidding?

24 minutes ago, RMBJ said:

Makes you proud to be British. ???️‍?

if you are that proud stop signing nrl players then.   or is your pride selectively applied?

Just now, Poower Lad said:
1 hour ago, RMBJ said:

You can pick and choose who you employ though*.

* That's the entire point of this thread in 9 words

I believe you can’t discriminate based on belief and race . And no in a truly free society you can’t . That then becomes an institutional apartheid , agree with the company or don’t get a job to feed your family . How on Earth is that a good thing . 

sane reason as why all Hollywood types sing off the same hymn sheet and ignore people who perpetrated horrors in your own ranks . 

at the end of the day once you start with the road you are suggesting as laughable as you will find it you end up in 1984 territory . Why oh why can some people not grasp that . 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

thanks for ruining the ending for me i wasnt up to that bit yet.

wow that sodom and gomorrah thing was interesting

Makes putting salt on your chips a heap more interesting.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, aj1908 said:

if you are that proud stop signing nrl players then.   or is your pride selectively applied?

Are you really posting for the sake of it now? Ridiculous. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aj1908 said:

Are you genuinely stupid or is this an act?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wildcat said:

Are you really posting for the sake of it now? Ridiculous. 

i think for your own peace of mind its best for you not to read any more of my posts.  im not enjoying responding to them to be honest.  all the best on the forum.

18 hours ago, ckn said:

If that's the case then there's one hell (sic) of a lot of religious folk who won't be making it to heaven.

I hope Folau can squeeze himself a bit then if Jesus was right on this: "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

What on earth do you mean by that?

1 minute ago, Poower Lad said:

I believe you can’t discriminate based on belief and race . And no in a truly free society you can’t . That then becomes an institutional apartheid , agree with the company or don’t get a job to feed your family . How on Earth is that a good thing . 

sane reason as why all Hollywood types sing off the same hymn sheet and ignore people who perpetrated horrors in your own ranks . 

at the end of the day once you start with the road you are suggesting as laughable as you will find it you end up in 1984 territory . Why oh why can some people not grasp that . 

Fighting for the right to be a bigoted homophobe is a very odd hill to die on.

• Like 2

Just now, fighting irish said:

What on earth do you mean by that?

its a quote from the bible.  and given folau's love of money hes saying folau himself has little chance to make it into heaven hence hes a hyporcite for saying the same to others

Edited by aj1908
  • Like 1

I thought this topic was about should Israel Folau been allowed to play for Catalan in S.L. for the way he has quoted what he thinks about "gay people". As far as I am aware he is not a paedophile, wife beater or rapist, so why is this being discussed on here. Stick to the post or start another one on paedophiles,wife beaters and rapists allowed into the game.

1 minute ago, fairfolly said:

I thought this topic was about should Israel Folau been allowed to play for Catalan in S.L. for the way he has quoted what he thinks about "gay people". As far as I am aware he is not a paedophile, wife beater or rapist, so why is this being discussed on here. Stick to the post or start another one on paedophiles,wife beaters and rapists allowed into the game.

i guess we should start a separate thread about tommy robinson too?  was that his name?

aj 1908, 

Get yourself out and get a life, you are just being plain stupid.You think he should be allowed to play. Fine, that is your opinion. Night,night.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

It’s about his freedom of speech , those other factors come in as highlights of hypocrisy 

Just now, Poower Lad said:

I don’t agree with his views , but I uphold with vigour his right to have them .

But you then draw the line at employers having the right to not employ him based on those views. Weird.

Just now, fairfolly said:

I know a Paul Robinson, Tommy Robinson ,no idea, who does or did he play for.?

ask dave t he mentioned him.  apparently he does some bad things.