Sign in to follow this  
Red Willow

Viral Videos

7 hours ago, Boomer Bang Wool said:

Get with the times boomer. Official sports accounts on social media often have cross over posts designed to get fans engaging. For instance, they’ll ask fans to create their team using players from a different sport or vice versa. This will often be when the sport that is being used has it’s main event like a World Cup or final etc 

Thanks for that, I genuinely laughed at this. 😂😂

11 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Not really.... They saw an opportunity and went for it..... Would love the RFL to do the same..... Nothing stopping them commenting on a well shared backs try in the six nations with something like 'Toronto are going to sign this lad' etc... 

As a southern league fan I'm an expert on the Union vs League debate

I've long since concluded that it's all good as long as its funny... Just enjoy it...... References to the b****y Vichy government are increasingly embarrassing when having a bit of banter

What opportunity?

It's blatant false advertising.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

What opportunity?

It's blatant false advertising.

I think that’s what it is given the people concerned. As I said, no issues with random people thinking it’s just some guy playing rugby, most people will think just that.
But it’s different when someone like World Rugby (awful logo btw) are claiming stuff like this as theirs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

I think that’s what it is given the people concerned. As I said, no issues with random people thinking it’s just some guy playing rugby, most people will think just that.
But it’s different when someone like World Rugby (awful logo btw) are claiming stuff like this as theirs. 

It's actually funny that a sport which claims 4 billion viewers to it's cup final needs to plagiarize from rugby league 

Are their fans stupid enough to think it's union?

😀

Edited by aj1908

On 14/02/2020 at 05:56, Copa said:

Parts of this clip from my local junior rugby league ground were shown on TV news all around the world and re-tweeted by rugby union governing bodies and organisations everywhere.. they’ve also added it to their Facebook and YouTube channels..

Remember seeing this clip a while back on YouTube. You watch these clips, fearing the worst, but anxiously looking for familiar, healthy signs. It was the chevron shirts that revealed these players to be fine, upstanding young people.

On 14/02/2020 at 00:13, Boomer Bang Wool said:

Good grief, you league fans from England are something else 

Not pretending to be a RL fan this time. This is a new angle good luck with it. 

• Like 2

On 15/02/2020 at 02:27, Chamey said:

I'm also from the south. I'm a big fan of watching RL, but whenever I go to an event (Broncos & CCF) 80% of the fans are welcoming when they hear my accent , but 20% try to explain everything to me and bang on about Vichy and the evils of RU and it's just extremely tiresome, and driven me away from attending stuff in person. In a way it's made me such a keen follower of RL expansion, because if RL expands people won't be judged fully on their accent!

I call ###### as most northern RL fans haven’t got a clue about Vichy. 

• Like 1

On 15/02/2020 at 02:27, Chamey said:

I'm also from the south. I'm a big fan of watching RL, but whenever I go to an event (Broncos & CCF) 80% of the fans are welcoming when they hear my accent , but 20% try to explain everything to me and bang on about Vichy and the evils of RU and it's just extremely tiresome, and driven me away from attending stuff in person. In a way it's made me such a keen follower of RL expansion, because if RL expands people won't be judged fully on their accent!

The 20% here remind me of alternative/ indie music fans in the eighties. We`d always say that what we liked should be in the charts, but in truth we preferred it to remain esoteric. There`s melancholic joy in an "Us against the world" communion.

On 14/02/2020 at 20:04, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Not really.... They saw an opportunity and went for it..... Would love the RFL to do the same..... Nothing stopping them commenting on a well shared backs try in the six nations with something like 'Toronto are going to sign this lad' etc... 

As a southern league fan I'm an expert on the Union vs League debate

I've long since concluded that it's all good as long as its funny... Just enjoy it...... References to the b****y Vichy government are increasingly embarrassing when having a bit of banter

One point of empathy. If you Southern League fans feel yourselves a persecuted minority, that`s very Rugby League. It ought to breed resilience, and other things.