Sat 22 Feb: WCC: St Helens v Sydney Roosters KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Sydney Roosters by 1 to 6 points
    • Sydney Roosters by 7 to 12 points
    • Sydney Roosters by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/02/20 at 19:45

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news for next year though; the NRL champions failed to reach the required number of points that Priti Patel requires to let them into the country from now on. WCC 2021 will be a walkover!

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Good Hit out for the Roosters, St Helens youngsters should learn a lot from this match notably about fitness ansd defence.

Barrie Mac lost the plot competely on commentary.

All I will say is that if this had been played in Australia in dry conditions the scoreline would have been wider but conversely if St Helens had played a super league opponent this thread would be all about a one-sided Saints victory. So St Helens should not beat themselves up about it.

Anyway now everyone can concentrate on the serious business of their respective leagues.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell
FjKZzCd.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

44 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Pretty much bar Cordner.

Losing the Club and Australian Captain is a big loss for any team.

Was Ryan Hall injured?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Did I misunderstand, but did Kendall (rightly) award a penalty in the last second but everyone ignored him? Folk were just running on the field.

I thought so too.

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

I’m struggling to see why he’ll be something special. No real pace, clunky footwork, handling nothing much. Am I missing something?

His footwork is pretty good, and his passing is generally good, but he is 18 or 19 playing against the best team in the world. I've seen enough of him in Super League to be confident hes going to be very good.

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

I’m struggling to see why he’ll be something special. No real pace, clunky footwork, handling nothing much. Am I missing something?

It was on here a few weeks back about how good he was and how we should be building England team around people like him or words to that effect, not my personal opinion.

Well I thought we gave that a fair shot. Pleased that we had the intensity to go toe to toe with them the way we did, bodes well for the big games later in the year. We had plenty of chances but fluffed our lines, whereas much like at international level the Aussies only need a sniff and they're in for the kill.

Top effort from Walmsley and the other forwards. No shortage of tryers in the backs but simply not good enough to match their counterparts.

I see Welsby copping a fair bit of flack. As I've said a few times now I just dont see him as a fullback and it was always going to be tough against a team like that. Would be good to see him get a run at six at some point, where he's played most of his junior rugby.

3 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Good Hit out for the Roosters, St Helens youngsters should learn a lot from this match notably about fitness ansd defence.

Barrie Mac lost the plot competely on commentary.

All I will say is that if this had been played in Australia in dry conditions the scoreline would have been wider but conversely if St Helens had played a super league opponent this thread would be all about a one-sided Saints victory. So St Helens should not beat themselves up about it.

Anyway now everyone can concentrate on the serious business of their respective leagues.

If this had been played in Australia both teams  would have been faster and benefited from the conditions.

The final pass for Keary's try look  about half a metre forward.

Archived