John Drake

Sun 1 Mar: SL: Salford Red Devils v Wakefield Trinity KO 3pm

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Wakefield Trinity

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/03/20 at 15:00

Don’t know if Salford have any injury problems, but for Trinity it depends on what half back combination Chester goes for. Talk of Brough been given as much time as possible to prove his fitness. 

12 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Play like we did first half v cas and we will win, play like we did in second we will lose.

Up the Trin 

The same goes for Salford (cracking first half against Leeds then a shocking second half)! 

11 hours ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

Don’t know if Salford have any injury problems, but for Trinity it depends on what half back combination Chester goes for. Talk of Brough been given as much time as possible to prove his fitness. 

A fair few out for Salford but not as bad as Wakey I don't think so can't complain.

Don't think it's that easy to call but ill be rooting for Wakey, If they have another Warrington type game of a Cas first half game i think they will be too strong for Salford, not that Salford are a poor side i just don't think they have gelled yet

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

I expect a Salford win, their pack is better balanced and more experienced while their halfs & Evalds at FB are established and will click eventually.

Both of the above factors will negate Wakefield’s better backline!

Salford 26 v 14 Wakefield

Just now, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Hope young Conner Bailey goes well on his debut. Come on Wakefield.

Up the Trin 

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

This is all I have to offer

image.png.12199768e1d39a72416391895dfc084e.pngCome on Solly!

Couldn't really call this one before the game, but an important win for Wakefield. Salford losing a few now despite a good set of opening fixtures on paper and a lot of home games. Worrying times for them.

Twitter: @TrylineBlog 
Latest Blog: Wigan vs Leeds 1998 Grand Final - Watchalong! - LINK: https://thetryline.blogspot.com/2020/04/tryline-blog-watch-along-3.html

Good win for Wakey this - we still looked a bit devoid of ideas attacking the line and unable to create overlaps but made up for it with a really dominant performance from the pack and strong running from the likes of Atkins and Tupou.

Thought Jowitt went really well at half back and as an added bonus Miller stepped up his game and started taking the line on again, which is one of his strengths.

I think Salford have been suckered in by Pauli as well, Salford fans raving about him at half time because he made a couple of bullying runs but the man is a complete liability in defence.  No lateral movement at all and blowing out his backside for long periods.  Think the reduction down to 8 interchanges has made players like him not viable.

Last season a total one off for Salford given the quality they had, this season they resemble something from 5 years ago, flattering to deceive with a few players there for a quick buck.