Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chrispmartha

Sky and Classic RL games

Recommended Posts

As per the youtube thread, Leeds have put a few full ‘classic’ games on their YouTube channel (recently watch Leeds beat Saints 72-0 from 2004)

 

I wonder if Sky have thought about showing some old full games, not highlights whilst we are in forced hiatus.

The grand final golds are ok but there has been some absolute belters from the regular rounds over the years.

theres loads iI’d like to see again.

I remember one game Hull v Leeds in 2004 and it was 0-0 at half time but it was immense there’s loads of em.

 

what games would people like to see again?

Edited by Chrispmartha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything that isn’t Grand Final Gold. They’ve become tiresome. 

Saints have shown the full game vs Leeds at Headingley in 1999 in which McDermott got sent-off on Saints TV. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely would cost Sky nothing to show full-length Super League reruns.

I’d like to see the 2017 Cas-Saints semi-final again for a start. Sublime stuff.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont know why they don't do this anyway to be honest. Easy free content for them, it's their back catalogue after all.

Any of the (numerous) last minute wins v Wire would be good to watch back. Some of the Saints-Leeds non-GF games in the mid 2000s were quality too, some of the most intense games I can remember watching. Been some belting Wigan-Wire games over the SL years too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Moove said:

Been some belting Wigan-Wire games over the SL years too.

The one good thing about this suspension is there not being a Wigan v Wire game for a few weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The one good thing about this suspension is there not being a Wigan v Wire game for a few weeks. 

Fair point ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giants TV are doing a similar thing and posting a classic match every evening.

Having just put SKY sports on hold for 3 months it's come just at the right time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was the Northern Rail Cup Final where Leigh shaped for a drop goal to draw level (IIRC) and then chucked it out wide and went over to win it? From memory, that was a classic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I wonder if Sky have thought about showing some old full games, not highlights whilst we are in forced hiatus.

theres loads iI’d like to see again.

I remember one game Hull v Leeds in 2004 and it was 0-0 at half time but it was immense there’s loads of em.

 

I remember that game, frightening that it was 16 years ago.


Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

What was the Northern Rail Cup Final where Leigh shaped for a drop goal to draw level (IIRC) and then chucked it out wide and went over to win it? From memory, that was a classic. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is Leeds' offering from last night. Skill levels through the roof in the second half, like watching a 7s or 9s game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would be better than showing the home test series v Aus in their entirety all three games, even though we did not win any series there were some classic games especially from 2000 on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

 

Feels like a perfect one for a match thread on here...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Feels like a perfect one for a match thread on here...

As long as some don’t ruin it by pre-empting tries etc,  yes!

We can all slag off Stevo’s commentary and dodgy garb as live!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

What would be better than showing the home test series v Aus in their entirety all three games, even though we did not win any series there were some classic games especially from 2000 on.

The 2003 Ashes series was immense, even though we lost all 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone tried asking Sky for a refund considering their inability to provide live sports coverage as advertised?


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Has anyone tried asking Sky for a refund considering their inability to provide live sports coverage as advertised?

You can pause your subscription HERE so you won't be charged - you do still have access to their channels so best of both worlds really.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...