Whatever happened to?

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Nope, after a trail round Google, I meant Danny Allan. 

If you meant Danny Allen,I continued the search.

He went to Heworth ARLFC - https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/rugby/league/10958286.danny-allans-return-can-be-huge-boost-for-heworth-arlc/

But it seems he left there for a number of years,but returned last month,perhaps

http://hewortharlfc.co.uk/first-team-fix-res/report/900

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamie Foster, player in a grand final for Saints before moving to Bradford then left when they were relegated to join Hull RUFC. Decent goal kicker from what I remember, tried to make a comeback in league with Huddersfield, Fev and Workington

1 hour ago, Mr Plow said:

Jamie Foster, player in a grand final for Saints before moving to Bradford then left when they were relegated to join Hull RUFC. Decent goal kicker from what I remember, tried to make a comeback in league with Huddersfield, Fev and Workington

Think he's a barber now!! If he was chocolate he'd have eaten himself mind

59 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Think he's a barber now!! If he was chocolate he'd have eaten himself mind

Yeah he was in love with himself. I remember Jon Wilkin saying in a podcast that he was a bit strange and used to cut labels out of everyone clothes 

47 minutes ago, Plan of Attack said:

He went on the local floating nightclub and punched a hole through a bar pump, I am not certain but IIRC (can anybody confirm either way)he had a spell in HMP for A/GBH

I was referring to him as a player when I said what did the barrow fans think of him, lol

5 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Whilst we're on the topic, what happened to the players of the Wales u16 side who defeated England in 2017?

https://rugbyleague.wales/rl-match-report?atkn=QkU3RUVDRjAtMzYzNi00Q0M3LTk0Q0EtMEE4MUI2QkJGMjM4&mid=MjQ4OTIx&tid=MTA1NTU4&optid=MTA1Mjc0

Quite a large number of them got snapped up by SL academies. Are they still there? I think Hull FC picked up 5 from memory, including the Badham brothers

I posted this on another forum a few months back...

WALES
1. Harvey McDaid (St Helens Youth)
2. Shaun Webber (Amateur RL - Wales)
3. Billy Glover (Widnes Vikings Reserves)
4. Finn Swift (Amateur RL - Wales)
5. Joel Davies (quit rugby)
6. James Machin (amateur RL - England)
7. Iestyn Hopkins (Amateur RU)
8. Ieuan Badham (Hull FC Youth)
9. Keenan McDaid (St Helens Youth)
10. Ewan Badham (Amateur RU)
11. Teifion Thomas (Amateur RU)
12. Jacob Lee (Amateur RL - Wales)
13. Lewis Hall (Warrington Reserves)
Subs:
14. Adam Young (Amateur RL - Wales)
15. Matthew Jones (don’t know)
16. Will Smith (quit rugby)
17. Kyle Huish (Wigan Youth)

4 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

WALES
Subs:

Thanks mate. Good to see a few are still there but would’ve hoped more would be. 

Do you know if any of the next crop also signed, are still at SL clubs?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/remarkable-welsh-revolution-sees-17-13615294.amp

Two great prospects I remember at Hull a few years back were Callum Lancaster and Curtis Naughton. Both impressed when they played but could never nail down a starting position.

Might be completely wrong but seem to remember Lancaster scoring a hat trick against Warrington. I know Lancaster went to Hull RUFC but don't know what's happened to him since, maybe still there. 

Don't have a clue what happened to curtis naughton, just seemed to disappear. 

9 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Thanks mate. Good to see a few are still there but would’ve hoped more would be. 

Do you know if any of the next crop also signed, are still at SL clubs?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/remarkable-welsh-revolution-sees-17-13615294.amp

Kieron Lewis is at Huddersfield.

Kyle Huish is at Wigan.

The rest I think are back in South Wales. There are a few English-born Welsh junior capped players at Leeds, Wigan and Warrington academies however.

On 03/04/2020 at 08:36, DoubleD said:

Richard Owen is another...........think he was playing at Donny last? 

Looked a great prospect breaking through at Cas. I know he had a bad injury, not sure if there were some off field issues too

23 hours ago, Hullfan said:

He broke his leg and didn't he get an infection in the bone. Nasty injury, he was a good talent 

He played 2 games for Leigh in 2016, before moving to Donny.

On 03/04/2020 at 09:36, Tommygilf said:

Justin Carney, didn't he go to Salford after Cas?  

23 hours ago, Hullfan said:

He slept with a team mates wife I remember. Disgusting should a have been sent back to Australia and no more heard from him. 

22 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

That was at Cas though, was not a happy camp that year which was a shame they were a very talented squad. 

After though I'm sure he went to Salford or maybe KR? Wondering if he's pottering around in a lower division somewhere.

Surely Tommy do you not remember he got an 8 match suspension in 2017 whilst playing for Salford v Toronto in a Challenge Cup  game for a racist remark against one of your old boys Ryan Bailey. 

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Surely Tommy do you not remember he got an 8 match suspension in 2017 whilst playing for Salford v Toronto in a Challenge Cup  game for a racist remark against one of your old boys Ryan Bailey. 

Didn't remember that! It seems he was exceptional for Cas then dropped off a cliff.

On 02/04/2020 at 03:25, Harry Stottle said:

Another who came in like a whirlwind and seemed to vanish just as quickly was Jamal Idris in the NRL, what happened to him?

He played over  130 NRL games and 1 SOO match and 1 Test match.

Lost his way and drifted to a few different Clubs.

"On 27 October 2016, Idris signed a one-year deal with the Wests Tigers after one-year break from the NRL. Lacking recent experience, he played the opening games of the season from the bench, playing at centre when he took the field. In round 5, he made his debut in the starting side. On 9 May 2017, it was revealed that Idris would be ruled out for the season with a ruptured ACL Injury which he suffered at training. On 19 October 2017, Idris announced on social media that he would be retiring due to injury, after 136 games across 4 different clubs"

He is only 29 years old.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

14 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

WALES
Subs:

Thanks for that, very interesting. Good to see a few are still in the pipeline. Were the lads who are playing union always dual code, or have they switched? Shame we couldn't keep them in league, but presume that's to do with deeper playing standards and convenience even at amateur union? 

2 hours ago, Toby Chopra said:

Thanks for that, very interesting. Good to see a few are still in the pipeline. Were the lads who are playing union always dual code, or have they switched? Shame we couldn't keep them in league, but presume that's to do with deeper playing standards and convenience even at amateur union? 

Yeah most of the Union players are very much players who gave league a go for 6-10 weeks in the summer - got noticed, got rep honours.

Then went back to the lure of youth RU in South Wales whereby you’re playing with your pals, in your community with away games maybe 30-45 mins away maximum, club houses and a scholarship with one of the 4 Welsh regions.

Very few stay on at RL.

The need for an U18 academy in South Wales is huge. But it needs added incentives.

A Wales U19 tour to Australia  every other year.

Game 1: Sydney University

Game 2: Lebanon U20

Game 3: Australia Schoolboys

Game 4: Australia Schoolboys

A West of England academy and a proper Midlands academy to reduce mass trips to the north every other week.

56 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Yeah most of the Union players are very much players who gave league a go for 6-10 weeks in the summer - got noticed, got rep honours.

Then went back to the lure of youth RU in South Wales whereby you’re playing with your pals, in your community with away games maybe 30-45 mins away maximum, club houses and a scholarship with one of the 4 Welsh regions.

Very few stay on at RL.

The need for an U18 academy in South Wales is huge. But it needs added incentives.

A Wales U19 tour to Australia  every other year.

Game 1: Sydney University

Game 2: Lebanon U20

Game 3: Australia Schoolboys

Game 4: Australia Schoolboys

A West of England academy and a proper Midlands academy to reduce mass trips to the north every other week.

There was an academy at u18’s level though wasn’t there? Not sure the WRL are in a position to fund it though are they?

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

There was an academy at u18’s level though wasn’t there? Not sure the WRL are in a position to fund it though are they?

There was, yes.

It’s back in the mixer I can tell you as much. Whether or not it comes off very much remains to be seen.

Archived