Ben Te'o

26 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He’s played 16 times for England and 1 time for Samoa. Joesph Leilua, Tim Lafai, Marion Seve and Hymel Hunt were the Samoan centres last year. I’d say he’s more chance of getting in the England squad than the Samoan.

Don’t want him personally. Doubt Shaun Wane does either. 

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

More likely to play for Samoa, no?

Played for England and the lions in union... could have played for Samoa in Union but chose England do logic would dictate he would play for England in league unless we don't want him?

Just now, yipyee said:

Played for England and the lions in union... could have played for Samoa in Union but chose England do logic would dictate he would play for England in league unless we don't want him?

There’s no logic where Ben Te’o is concerned!

65EA61EB-63E8-432F-B7EF-AA63489CD3CB.jpeg

A7E7AC05-CDF8-4B71-BF5C-F0BA2D396A9B.jpeg

163914DA-095D-4EB7-B3F8-C63A9D78B491.jpeg

BD197ED8-5A70-4890-8360-E255DE20F9C5.jpeg

B15A3A69-C8AE-4504-834E-D84D748FE4DF.jpeg

6 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He’s played 16 times for England and 1 time for Samoa. Joesph Leilua, Tim Lafai, Marion Seve and Hymel Hunt were the Samoan centres last year. I’d say he’s more chance of getting in the England squad than the Samoan.

He’s a second rower 

22 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

He’s a second rower 

He would make a formidable center partnership with Bateman.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

He’s not good enough for England. Maybe he can try the Jocks this time 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

17 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

There’s no logic where Ben Te’o is concerned!

65EA61EB-63E8-432F-B7EF-AA63489CD3CB.jpeg

A7E7AC05-CDF8-4B71-BF5C-F0BA2D396A9B.jpeg

163914DA-095D-4EB7-B3F8-C63A9D78B491.jpeg

BD197ED8-5A70-4890-8360-E255DE20F9C5.jpeg

B15A3A69-C8AE-4504-834E-D84D748FE4DF.jpeg

He doesn't look happy in any of them but I think he looks the grumpiest in the England Union shirt (understandably) and saddest in the Kiwis shirt.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

17 hours ago, yipyee said:

Yep Aukland born played SOO then moved to union, England and lions 

Then resoundingly No to being selected for England.

I don't think from when I have heard Mr Wane talk he sees the requirement to bring in any Johnny Foriegners and I 100% agree with him, and I hope he keeps to that mantra. 

Anyone can Bang On all they like about the worlds a smaller place and they do it in other sports like Union and Cricket - it is an abomination how they do it in those games - I simply don't care, I would much sooner travel half way around this planet to watch and support a team full of *'our lads' and lose, than watch a team including those I cannot identify with I would get a sense of if we can't win on our own then I don't want to be a part of it.

The qualifying rules are so slack, it creates mercenaries from those not good enough to represent the country of their birth, and shouts desperation for the country's inviting them in.

* Our Lads, I would include first generation of British born parents but only if they have made the commitment and have not represented any other country and resided in the UK for 7 years - as Cricket used to do - for the residency ruling that just allows Foriegners status for international representation, I would ban that alltogether,  An exception I would make would be such as Ben Stokes who has been here from very formative years and played and learned his sport on these shores. 

39 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

- Loads of NRL experience

- Former QLD Origin player 

- 34 in January

- Hasn't played League in a while but class is permanent

That's Greg Inglis.....Te'o will be rubbish. 

I don't care if he is the best on the planet, still no.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I don't care if he is the best on the planet, still no.

I think your anger has got the better of you Harry and you didn't get through the post.

Im happy to see most people on this thread thinking along similar lines.

This guy got selected for the Jr Kiwis as was born and raised in NZ, then qualified for Queensland due to residency but wasnt good enough for Australia, so he represented Samoa through his heritage, then switches to Union but couldnt make the Irish side as not eligible yet through residency, so plays for England due to heritage... as a professional play any sport you want for any club you want to allgood. But representing your nation or nation of your parents or nation you are a long term legal permanent resident of is an honour. But when you represent any nation you can for what you can get out of it and do it repeatedly, you have no honour. I feel sorry for the kid that didnt get selected for the Jr Kiwis in 2005!

Archived