Wolfpack eye quartet

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you've known glory with your previous club, it's got to be hard to get the dander up before a game you know you'll probably lose.

TWP = Toronto Works Pension.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

If we bring in the "6 again" rule as they have done in Australia which has speeded the game up considerably that and coupled with the pensioners already on the books at TWP, they are going to struggle. 

Actually we are hoping they adopt the rule,,,,with our speed and experience it will mean more of an advantage for the running Pack!

2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Be gutted to see Ward leave, even in spite of his injury troubles

He is going to heal up and be better than ever. Then he will show them all!

17 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The Wolfpack are here to stay. Hardly Dads army Ward 26, Myler 30, Hall 32, Flower 32. All Grand Final winners. 

Ward's had injury and metal health issues, Hall looked like a prop this weekend, Myler is on the bench. All of them are no longer wanted by Leeds.

Flower is not guaranteed a run-on place in the Wigan team.

Add to that, 33 is very old for any forward; they've had a hard life and injuries take their toll.

IMO, Toronto should be looking for talented young kids-free players who fancy an adventure, plus some defensive backs from American Football colleges. Rugby union is in a financial crisis; must be some rich pickings there.

2 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Ward's had injury and metal health issues, Hall looked like a prop this weekend, Myler is on the bench. All of them are no longer wanted by Leeds.

Add to that, 33 is very old for any forward; they've had a hard life and injuries take their toll.

IMO, Toronto should be looking for talented young kids-free players who fancy an adventure, plus some defensive backs from American Football colleges. Rugby union is in a financial crisis; must be some rich pickings there.

Think they will in the future. I think there initial priority is to stay up then become established in mid table SL. Wouldnt surprise me if they bid for an NFL player in next year or two. Even if its for the headlines.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

42 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Be gutted to see Ward leave, even in spite of his injury troubles

Yeah I'm a bit sad on a personal level and his effect on the squad, but purely on playing talent and captaincy I'm less concerned.

McDermott might see him as a halfback like in the 2012 cup final anyway so perhaps he'll get less injuries.

2 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

There’s absolutely nothing to suggest Ward ‘isn’t wanted’ by Leeds at all.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/toronto-wolfpack-consider-swoop-leeds-rhinos-skipper-stevie-ward-2875580#gsc.tab=0

Ward, 26, is out of contract in November and would be available on a free transfer after that if a deal is not agreed with Rhinos.

If Leeds wanted to keep him, or wanted to keep him on realistic terms,  they'd have renewed his contract by now

23 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/toronto-wolfpack-consider-swoop-leeds-rhinos-skipper-stevie-ward-2875580#gsc.tab=0

Ward, 26, is out of contract in November and would be available on a free transfer after that if a deal is not agreed with Rhinos.

If Leeds wanted to keep him, or wanted to keep him on realistic terms,  they'd have renewed his contract by now

not wanted means he’s not wanted, not that they can’t match another clubs offer.

21 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Talk is Leeds are interested in Signing Daniel Smith. If he is the replacement in the squad I can see the logic, we're a bit light on props and a bit heavy on back rowers.

Of our Back rowers, Martin, Mellor, C. Smith, Sutcliffe, Donaldson, Greenwood and Ward, Ward is probably the least value for money in the squad right now. I know that sounds a bit harsh but that is the economics of our game.

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Talk is Leeds are interested in Signing Daniel Smith. If he is the replacement in the squad I can see the logic, we're a bit light on props and a bit heavy on back rowers.

Of our Back rowers, Martin, Mellor, C. Smith, Sutcliffe, Donaldson, Greenwood and Ward, Ward is probably the least value for money in the squad right now. I know that sounds a bit harsh but that is the economics of our game.

Greenwood went back to Wigan, no?

i think ward will kick on and be worth the choice, myler would be lucky to get in our squad as hes well past it.hall used to be good 5 years ago,ones a grub, and they were grand final winners due to been surrounded by some real quality players at the time, TWp need some deck chairs for half time team talk.and horlics.:kolobok_training1: teams in SL/or championship will be trembling at thought a myler dazzling em..

4 minutes ago, silverback said:

i think ward will kick on and be worth the choice, myler would be lucky to get in our squad as hes well past it.hall used to be good 5 years ago,ones a grub, and they were grand final winners due to been surrounded by some real quality players at the time, TWp need some deck chairs for half time team talk.and horlics.:kolobok_training1: teams in SL/or championship will be trembling at thought a myler dazzling em..

It’s a strange one.  IMO TWP need some decent forwards.  Flower would do, no matter what he’s done.  

Ryan Hall, maybe.  But I don’t see any either of the other two being of interest.

There is so much hate for Toronto on here. Just look at this thread when they are linked to several International Grand Final winning players, apparently all the players are rubbish and past it.

Yet when Salford sign Andy Ackers, a good Championship player but someone who isn’t up to Super League, it’s met with silence.

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

He's the one signing that makes sense to me

Since SIMs left not sure I've seen Wolfpack with a real leader on the field 

You probably wouldn't see one on the field with Ward though ?

That is just a quip, I hope Ward stays with us and finally realises his dream of captaining the side for a long period of time, unless Toronto offer him a deal he can't refuse I think Ward would want to stay and captain the Leeds side.

31 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

There is so much hate for Toronto on here. Just look at this thread when they are linked to several International Grand Final winning players, apparently all the players are rubbish and past it.

Yet when Salford sign Andy Ackers, a good Championship player but someone who isn’t up to Super League, it’s met with silence.

no hate here at all,one outa the 4 might do a job for them,they bought scragg ends when they could have had t bones, now if they have so much money and they had come up with smithies,walker(wire).trueman,newman.walmsley.that might work

Archived