RLWC - rebrand and update

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

The SM graphics aren’t great IMO look a bit low rent to me.

3C6E9AE3-8A8D-4213-A8A1-CC16EC53E62C.jpeg

Yeah they have some that look better, the instagram story ones are good for example, but I agree the above isn't great.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the message of the video, sets a great tone, combining heritage and action and one of rugby league's greatest strengths- togetherness. Also enjoyed the teacher videos announcing the host cities. Another positive announcement from an impressive organising committee. can not wait for the tournament to begin. 

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

24 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

You allowed to share any of the mock ups with us mate? 

I'd rather not put them on here as they weren't even vaguely finished (we decided pretty early on to not progress with the pitch) but I can send them on DM if you want

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Lol forgot France, they're in Bolton!

Edit: this basically confirms England's schedule, Newcastle v Samoa, Bolton v France, Sheffield v Greece, QF Anfield, Semi Arsenal, Final Old Trafford

I thought the video was fantastic, and I'm very happy with that list of (potential) venues for England. Great stuff.

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Newcastle v Samoa, Bolton v France, Sheffield v Greece, QF Anfield, Semi Arsenal, Final Old Trafford

Tough tie for Bolton but I fancy Sheffield's chances.

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

The SM graphics aren’t great IMO look a bit low rent to me.

3C6E9AE3-8A8D-4213-A8A1-CC16EC53E62C.jpeg

In a time more than ever where inclusivity and equality will play to the masses (as it always should mind you), this poster is missing some serious ethnicity!

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

In a time more than ever where inclusivity and equality will play to the masses (as it always should mind you), this poster is missing some serious ethnicity!

You've used the words inclusivity, equality and ethnicity. The poster is dedicated to Leeds being proud to be the host city for the Men's Irish and Jamaican national teams and uses mixed race Jamaican heritage player Ashton Golding and first generation Irish descendent Tyrone McCarthy as its 'poster boys'. Which part of it is missing some 'serious ethnicity'? 

Jamaica and Ireland are also in the same group which all but guarantees that their game will be one of the 3 mens games at Headingley, can't wait!!!

I could try work out the rest if I'm bored enough lol

As it stands we can work out all of England's schedule, Ireland v Jamaica at Headingley, Samoa are based in Donny so its likely they will have a group game there (probably against Greece based in neighbouring Sheffield).

Filling in some blanks logically England's group stage is like this.

1. England v Samoa (Newcastle)

France v Greece (who knows)

2. England v France (Bolton - French host)

Samoa v Greece (Doncaster)

3. England v Greece (Sheffield - Greek host city)

Samoa v France (who knows)

Australia will be in the game at Middlesbrough and Coventry will host a headline (but not England or Australia) group fixture. Perhaps a NZ v Ireland or Tonga v PNG? 

NZ and Lebanon will likely play at Headingley given two of their group opponents, Jamaica and Ireland, are based in Leeds. Lebanon are based in Leigh which would suggest the possibility of the LSV hosting the kiwis.

I'd bet Australia v Fiji in the group stage will be in Hull given Fiji are based there and the Ozzies, like England, look likely to travel most from their base in Manchester. For Australia that leaves Scotland and Italy, one of whom will be played at Middlesbrough (likely Newcastle based Scotland?). Italy are based in "Liverpool and St Helens" so you'd think an Ozzie game could be headed to the Totally Wicked Stadium.

The Cook Islands are based in Middlesbrough but will not play there (as they aren't in Australia's group). They are in the same group as Wales though who will likewise be based in Preston but not play there (due to it not hosting matches). 

When looking at fixtures for the venues with 3 group games (Doncaster, Headingley, Kingston Park Newcastle, Warrington, St Helens, Leigh) it will be interesting to see whether they want to encourage a "home vibe" by having a team play there more than once - especially if that town is hosting the training base for that team. Could see a few Usos in Donny or have a Lebanese leyther takeover or more predictably a Scottish raid into Newcastle.

Of course most of this is speculation and could be proven totally wrong but it was fun writing up!

The tournament is starting to feel real now!

13 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Strange that Lebanon are based in Leigh when NZ, Jamaica and Ireland are all based in Yorkshire. Would make more sense if they were based in the North East and Cook Islands in Leigh. 

I suppose looking at it from a ranking perspective Lebanon are likely to progress and trecking back up to Middlesbrough probably is less favoured? 

Archived