URGH ! IT'S VILE !

I love  peanut butter and I was a sucker for the marmite squirrel and his hypnotic spiel,  " you love peanuts you love marmite "

So I bought it , marmite peanut butter and IT'S #######

What food have you tried and wish you hadn't,  either expecting to like it or not. What food do you love that most others can't stomach ?

cant beat cheese on toast(but when its almost done add some marmalade)😋

i always got all the sprouts as rest a family wernt too keen.

we had sugar sarnies as a nipper.and friday were mucky fat day.a thing of wonder.

2 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I once used peanut butter instead of tomato purée on the base of a pizza

I had a similar experience. Years ago I couldn't be bothered to walk to the shop and therefore was struggling  to find some sauce to put with my rice. Step forward a jar of marmite. Again, it wasn't really a "taste sensation".

I'm not that keen on Marmite or peanut butter, but I don't hate them. In fact, there are very few things I've tasted that I genuinely hated.

But it is best not to tempt fate, because who knows what may turn up...

PSspam-main.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

One of my favourite "take to a desert island" foods is celery which most people pull a face at. 

Peanut butter wise it's toasted peanut butter and tomato sandwich.  Worked at the BBC in the 80s and the little cafe next door to work made these to perfection.

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

I must say, having had a minor home invasion during the Winter, peanut butter is a great bait for mousetraps. The oil stops it from drying out for ages, while the mix of sugar, fat, protein and aroma makes it almost irresistible to the little devils, especially as I was using peanut butter with maple syrup.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

When I was little, I had the usual kid's irrational hang-ups about certain foods. There was no sense about any of them, of course, but if I didn't clear my plate, there wasn't anything else served up to pander to my preferences.  

Now some of them are my absolute favourite foods, including mushrooms and cheese.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Ackroman said:

1970's school spam fritters - disgusting, followed by sponge with pink custard.🤮

Ah, now we're in childhood trauma territory. At primary school, there was compulsory milk pudding every lunchtime - semolina, rice, sago, tapioca... it never stopped.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived