Celebrities born in Countries you didnt expect

The unfortunate death of Eddie Van Halen within the week prompted a look at his life and Van Halen's discography. I know his name might suggest other wise but I never knew him and is brother were both born in the Netherlands.

Also whilst we are on to bands, AC/DC are forever clasdufied as an aussie band but only hVe one member from Australia. The Youngs were born in Scotland.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

The unfortunate death of Eddie Van Halen within the week prompted a look at his life and Van Halen's discography. I know his name might suggest other wise but I never knew him and is brother were both born in the Netherlands.

Also whilst we are on to bands, AC/DC are forever clasdufied as an aussie band but only hVe one member from Australia. The Youngs were born in Scotland.

I suppose the ' Van Halen ' bit might have been a clue ?

Twinkly cockernee geezah and 'Carry on' stalwart Sid James was South African, as was Bob Holness.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cliff Richard, born in Lucknow. Spike Milligan, born in Ahmednagar. Remember that character from Goodness gracious me! who claimed everything was Indian? He had a point. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

But bon jovi isnt italian 😛😛

Farage, on the other hand, sounds like the surname of a sinister foreign agent bent on the destruction of the United Kingdom.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

We had a "pub quiz" at work a few years back and one of the rounds was 20 well-known British people who were born abroad. Unfortunately, I've forgotten lots of them, but here's the ones I remember that we haven't already had.

Prince Philip (Greece), Emma Watson (France), Audrey Hepburn (Belgium), JRR Tolkien (South Africa), Brad Wiggins (Belgium), Eddie Izzard (Yemen) & Freddie Mercury (Tanzania)

Keanu Reeves was born in Beirut. Natalie Portman was born in Israel. Tommy Lee was born in Greece, Gene Simmons was born in Israel.

The Brothers Gibb, as in Bee Gees, were born in the Isle of Man, or Ellan Vannin if you prefer the vernacular.

8 hours ago, JohnM said:

Joanna Lumley was born in Srinagar. 

Wasn't her father an officer in the Gurkhas, hence her support for their cause?

Just had a quick search:

J.G.Ballard - China
Gyles Brandreth - Germany
Dr Crippen - USA
T.S.Eliot - USA
Eddie Izzard - Yemen
Patrick McGoohan - USA
Basil Rathbone - South Africa
Alan Whicker - Egypt
Roger Whittaker - Kenya

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Just had a quick search:

J.G.Ballard - China
Gyles Brandreth - Germany
Dr Crippen - USA
T.S.Eliot - USA
Eddie Izzard - Yemen
Patrick McGoohan - USA
Basil Rathbone - South Africa
Alan Whicker - Egypt
Roger Whittaker - Kenya

"Quick" search? That must have taken most of a morning. 

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

Didnt know that. Does that mean he could technically be president of usa too l?

I don’t think any more as he’s relinquished the US citizenship that he held.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived