Promotion Criteria Publicised

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

It's an R'sole of a place, just to big for a RL club to maintain over the years it is no wonder that the majority of the stadium is unfit for purpose , it should have been sold off to developers years ago, it has been shackling the club for years.

If you knew about the land at Odsal you would know its not suitable for housing or development due to the land its based on.

Here is the reason why https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/life-style/property/1345712/House-buying-news-bradford-yorkshire-latest-rip-off-britain/amp

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, iffleyox said:

Which is lovely, but as a southern evangelist for the sport, where do I take newcomers to get them hooked? 

Cas. And I’m not a Cas fan. But when they’re on song a packed Wheldon Road has the best atmosphere in the league. When we go for their second or third match somewhere else I’ve had to apologise that it’s not going to be like that before now...

As a Fev fan obviously iam not a big fan of them but i like the ground and feel it's a shame they don't do it up. It's a proper Rugby ground and all their history is there. If we can do our ground up surely they can with all the Sky ££££. 

And as we saw with Toronto Elstone begins to influence the process and decision. Ultimately 3 of his employees are involved in this decision:

Elstone admits continuing uncertainty over travel restrictions could count against Toulouse in their bid to become the second French club in Super League by filling the vacant 12th spot.

“It probably should, in the sense there’s a here and now about this and it’s relevant to the 2021 season,” he said.

“It’s finding the right balance between a medium and long-term decision because all 12 clubs run the risk of being relegated but we also need to be confident they can get to the start line on day one of the 2021 season.

“It should be a factor and it should be worth noting the way the Catalans Dragons have responded and the way they’ve rolled their sleeves up and fulfilled their fixtures within the limitations of Covid.”

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/robert-elstone-defends-right-of-clubs-to-vote-on-future-of-toronto-wolfpack/

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

And as we saw with Toronto Elstone begins to influence the process and decision. Ultimately 3 of his employees are involved in this decision:

Elstone admits continuing uncertainty over travel restrictions could count against Toulouse in their bid to become the second French club in Super League by filling the vacant 12th spot.

“It probably should, in the sense there’s a here and now about this and it’s relevant to the 2021 season,” he said.

“It’s finding the right balance between a medium and long-term decision because all 12 clubs run the risk of being relegated but we also need to be confident they can get to the start line on day one of the 2021 season.

“It should be a factor and it should be worth noting the way the Catalans Dragons have responded and the way they’ve rolled their sleeves up and fulfilled their fixtures within the limitations of Covid.”

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/robert-elstone-defends-right-of-clubs-to-vote-on-future-of-toronto-wolfpack/

Jesus it sounds like they know who they want in. If in doubt, set your own loaded criterion and lopsided decision committee. Why are they ######## about? 

11 hours ago, iffleyox said:

Which is lovely, but as a southern evangelist for the sport, where do I take newcomers to get them hooked? 

Cas. And I’m not a Cas fan. But when they’re on song a packed Wheldon Road has the best atmosphere in the league. When we go for their second or third match somewhere else I’ve had to apologise that it’s not going to be like that before now...

I can see what you mean, and Cas away is a game I pick out every season with my mates to come back from uni for (including the 66-10!).

But, as I put in another thread, it does take either a certain maturity of outlook or a local heritage in the game/similar to appreciate imo, given the "antique" surroundings. Those factors make it quite a narrow appeal to start with, akin to those who go to non league/lower division football rather than the premier league or top clubs in the Championship. Its niche. Maybe that is the market for Super League, I doubt it though.

5 hours ago, Damien said:

Why don’t they stop wasting everyone’s time and say who they want in now, give them a better chance of preparing for next season, they obviously know what the outcome will be. 

4 hours ago, Scubby said:

Jesus it sounds like they know who they want in. If in doubt, set your own loaded criterion and lopsided decision committee. Why are they ######## about? 

In truth why should "they" not decide who goes in?  There is no real logical method to use any real objective criteria since the Championship clubs have not played so there is no clear playing criteria and all must be financially stretched. 

If the other 11 teams were to use purely selfish criteria they would bring in the most useless club as they would be most likely to be relegated.  

Again in truth, and assuming say 3 clubs are (possibly?) not a thickness of cigarette paper apart, how likely will if be decided but on some impulse or foible?

5 hours ago, Damien said:

The guy is a clown and what little credibility Superleague has slowly disappears every time he opens his gob.

Just now, Eddie said:

Why don’t they stop wasting everyone’s time and say who they want in now, give them a better chance of preparing for next season, they obviously know what the outcome will be. 

Absolutely. If it is Bradford or Toulouse for example just say now and give them first right of refusal and go down the list until someone accepts.

17 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Absolutely. If it is Bradford or Toulouse for example just say now and give them first right of refusal and go down the list until someone accepts.

They should have just had an sealed envelope vote , end of 

3 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Odsal had an official attendance of 102k when Fax helped create a world record attendance although police estimated it to be closer to 120k. Those fans are now lost to the game but putting us back in SL could help us bring them back. 😉

That was 1954,you’d need a grave robber to bring them back !!!

11 hours ago, Davo5 said:

The guy is a clown and what little credibility Superleague has slowly disappears every time he opens his gob.

On what basis is he a clown?

What do you know that the club owners don't? It strikes  me that the club owners have not got to where they are by accident and incompetence, more by hard work, good decision making, determination, foresight etc.  Same for Elstone.

You may not agree with him, what he has or hasn't done, which is anyone's right, of course, but in the final analysis, he reports to the board and has to do as they tell him.

Archived