3 hours ago, Eddie said:

My thoughts exactly, though if that is the case it’s odd that they’ve waited until so near the announcement to announce it. And also the ‘independent’ panel will have already have made their decision so what did they know. 

Theres no mention of this on the Broncos website yet. 

The Marketing Manager said on another site that some good news was in the Superleague application so I suspect those making the choice are well aware of the proposed move.

It does seem very Broncos-esque not to arrange a simultaneously timed press release to their season ticket holders etc to go alongside the one from Wimbledon. It's great finding you are off to yet another part of London third hand.

• Like 2

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m amazed how how much negativity there is around this, and of course the usual know it all’s who think they know better.    London at Trailfinders get slated for being in a rubbish tin pot gr

What actually happened is the MK guy needed a football club to enable the development of an Asda, IKEA, hotel etc. We weren’t the first club approached. The owners of WFC completely disregarded us fan

If London have ambitions of growing and being a successful Super League club then they have to move. Trailfinders is fine for a lower league team but no more.

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’m not sure you can but go for it. There are seated facilities behind each set of sticks and a seated, corporate area running down one side of the pitch. 

No wheelchair viewing platform though.

I think New Plough Lane is a positive move on that basis alone! 😄

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Toby Chopra said:

Trailfinders is a pig to get to on Sundays and ultimately, how many regular fans have Broncos picked up from the Ealing area since the move? I'd have to say 500 at most. The rest (probably only another 500 regularly) come from all over London and the SE, so the move will be neutral/better for them. It's certainly better for anyone coming from South London or the southern counties like me! 

I have always wondered about the make up of the London crowd especially with the amount of moves they have had and what's happened to the supporters local to each ground, most rugby league clubs have the advantage of a hardcore of support from within a couple of miles from their home ,really hope London can identify a ground and more importantly an area that they stay long term

13 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

What actually happened is the MK guy needed a football club to enable the development of an Asda, IKEA, hotel etc. We weren’t the first club approached. The owners of WFC completely disregarded us fans and moved us. But hey, we won. Nobody likes MK Dons, we’re in the same division and we built a stadium in Wimbledon ourselves. So f—k you!

I sympathise with that.

1 hour ago, Toby Chopra said:

If AFC Wimbledon think a rugby league club is a "steady cash cow" then they clearly don't know us very well.... 

Quick, sign the lease before they realise! 

What other possible reason would they want us there?

We are going to give up five years work at Trailfinders for probably one year in the super league where we will receive less money than every other team and in addition we have now sold most of our best players?

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

No wheelchair viewing platform though.

I think New Plough Lane is a positive move on that basis alone! 😄

It is very poor that there is no wheelchair viewing platform.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’m not sure you can but go for it. There are seated facilities behind each set of sticks and a seated, corporate area running down one side of the pitch. 

yep. their was the last time I went... the newer one being where you could park and have the balls land on yer car being close behind the posts...

Whilst a pain to get to I always enjoyed the visits... I like the big bar area, the BBQ's meaning reasonable food... and plenty of space to wander around before kick off.., nice pleasant day all round

Edited by redjonn
2 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Has any of this been confirmed yet? If so, what and where?

As far as I can tell, the bit that's in the public domain is that AFC Wimbledon's members have received details of a possible tenancy for London Broncos at Plough Lane and are being asked their opinions.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

43 minutes ago, Scotchy1 said:

Im not sure that moving to another, rented, stadium gives much more of a foundation than we have had for nigh on thirty years. London need to own somewhere at least in part. 

Which leaves buying in with QPR a far off longshot...

27 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Which leaves buying in with QPR a far off longshot...

Or something we do ourselves. 

I dont actually discount this with Wimbledon. 3 of the stands at Plough Lane are semi-permanent. There is obviously a need for redevelopment at some point. 

33 minutes ago, Scotchy1 said:

I dont actually discount this with Wimbledon. 3 of the stands at Plough Lane are semi-permanent. There is obviously a need for redevelopment at some point. 

There’s planning permission for 20,000 hence three semi-permanent stands in phase 1. That will be a long time in coming, I suspect. 

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, Scotchy1 said:

Haven't they been redeveloping Plough Lane to have 4 permanent stands?

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

10 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

There’s planning permission for 20,000 hence three semi-permanent stands in phase 1. That will be a long time in coming, I suspect. 

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Haven't they been redeveloping Plough Lane to have 4 permanent stands?

This is kind of what im talking about. I think they are redeveloping it and need to at the moment, thats where we can step in partially. 

1 minute ago, Scotchy1 said:

This is kind of what im talking about. I think they are redeveloping it and need to at the moment, thats where we can step in partially. 

maxresdefault.jpg

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Just now, Tommygilf said:

I doubt it tbh.

I'm sure they want to develop, but funding it is more the sticking point. 

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Hence why they want a ten year rental agreement 

EDIT

Don’t mind me, seems you were talking about Ealing

Edited by gingerjon

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

And for what purpose too. We think talk about licensing in RL all the time but its significantly more prevalent in RU, even if mr Trailfinders can find the money to fund an Exeter or Newcastle style development of a ground, Irish being at Brentford could be a major sticking point.

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

And for what purpose too. We think talk about licensing in RL all the time but its significantly more prevalent in RU, even if mr Trailfinders can find the money to fund an Exeter or Newcastle style development of a ground, Irish being at Brentford could be a major sticking point.

London Irish are members of Premier Rugby, Ealing aren’t. There’s no way they’re getting into the top tier without a wholesale revolution in domestic RU.

• Like 4