Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Good luck to him. My only problem with him going back to Aus was if he decamped mid-season.

He'll need luck playing alongside Brooks.  Of the players that the Tigers developed and were desperate to keep a few years back, he's the only one who stayed and he's by far the worst of the backs. Tedesco obviously but Moses at times looks far better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nowhere in that article does Hastings suggest that he wants to leave Wigan before his contract expires;nor does he even hint at being desperate to leave Wigan. It is an Australian journalist inte

As a Wigan fan I’m a bit sick of hearing about him first not wanting to join, now always wanting to leave.  It’s a not a great look.  He’s not as good a player as he thinks he is and I reckon he’d str

Hope this won't dampen his England ambitions 😉 

2 hours ago, Damien said:

As a Wigan fan I am glad this has been settled one way or another. I am not keen in having these will he or wont he sagas every season.

Hope this won't dampen his England ambitions 😉 

  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

No different to Darryl Powell then?

Now get on with the rest of the season with the club to whom you are contracted and make sure that you do your very best for them.

  • Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrisbaneRhino said:

Good luck to him. My only problem with him going back to Aus was if he decamped mid-season.

He'll need luck playing alongside Brooks.  Of the players that the Tigers developed and were desperate to keep a few years back, he's the only one who stayed and he's by far the worst of the backs. Tedesco obviously but Moses at times looks far better. 

I doubt he will, I suspect its Brooks who'll be shown the door at the Tigers, Doueihi seems to be playing well and have the No 6 shirt nailed down at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He has always put in 100% for us, and I am sure he will continue to do so. Maybe we had thought Field could do a job for us, but that plan is very much on hold. Great to see we have signed up Harry Smith for the next 4 years. He is a terrific player. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s got himself back on track through his time at Salford and Wigan. I hope he doesn’t revert to type when he gets home. Once you get back to the same old bad influences it’s very easy to get back to your old lifestyle. I can think of a few players who sorted themselves out over here only to blow it again once the got home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In Harry Smith we have a natural replacement but are in need of a top class standoff to play alongside him,also heard Gildart will be following him to West’s.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As for Hasting's departure, I have to say I saw it coming. 😉
He's seeing out the season and I hope his return works out for him.

Edited by RayCee

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Will he see out the season at Wigan?

Why wouldn’t he and why would the Tigers want to pay a fee for a player they get for nothing next season?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Why wouldn’t he and why would the Tigers want to pay a fee for a player they get for nothing next season?

Plus Michael Maguire still has a great relationship with Wigan. He is simply not going to try and screw Wigan over like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just filleted out a load of personal argy bargy from the last couple of pages of this thread.

To the protagonists, just knock it on the head. If you can't stand each other's opinions, use the ignore function and give us all a rest from your petty bickering instead of dragging a thread off topic with it.

The general rule on here is if you think someone is a troll, report any posts that indicate they are trolling, and leave it to the moderators to deal with. Never, ever respond to someone you think it a troll. That only makes matters worse.

NB: Disagreeing with someone's opinion does not automatically mean they are a troll.

Now, back to the subject of the thread: Jackson Hastings leaving Wigan.

.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hastings never made it  secret he wanted back in the NRL. Now he's achieved it.

His commitment to Wigan is as fulsome as anyone's at the club as he proved v Cas. Both his effort and skill were top class and it looks as if he intends giving his all to the club. With seeing his contracts out at both Salford and Wigan it will give him the reputation of being a reliable player as far as contracts go which is a great deal in the current rugby league world.

Hastings is top class and he will be missed next year. Harry Smith proved again last night v Cas that he's an exciting player with the skill set to go with it. So all is far from lost at half back at the DW.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Hastings never made it  secret he wanted back in the NRL. Now he's achieved it.

His commitment to Wigan is as fulsome as anyone's at the club as he proved v Cas. Both his effort and skill were top class and it looks as if he intends giving his all to the club. With seeing his contracts out at both Salford and Wigan it will give him the reputation of being a reliable player as far as contracts go which is a great deal in the current rugby league world.

Hastings is top class and he will be missed next year. Harry Smith proved again last night v Cas that he's an exciting player with the skill set to go with it. So all is far from lost at half back at the DW.

Yes.  The original poster was prejudiced from the start and continued.  The header was misleading and Mr Drake should edit it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...