Bernard Guasch announces an imminent agreement with a major TV channel

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think that if the Dragons fail to get a TV deal then You Tube is the way to go.

We are already looking at covering the French Elite 1 on You Tube with a Monday night match as from next season (French and English commentary) 

It is very cost effective.

8 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I personally think that if the Dragons fail to get a TV deal then You Tube is the way to go.

We are already looking at covering the French Elite 1 on You Tube with a Monday night match as from next season (French and English commentary) 

It is very cost effective.

I’d genuinely pay a monthly fee to watch Catalans, Toulouse, Elite One and French national team games. 

I’m sure I’m not alone either. 

On 07/03/2021 at 11:59, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

1 day after Robert Elstone leaves his post a French tv deal looks to have been agreed 

Excellent news. Exactly what is this deal, what is the schedule? What channel is it on? 

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

Read today that it's between bein sports, canal plus sports and Eurosport. Announcement on Monday

Which has the biggest audience? Funny how BEIN Sports are back in the picture now that Elstone is gone 

Read today that it's between bein sports, canal plus sports and Eurosport. Announcement on Monday

Great news. I'd like to think if 3 companies are interested that the deal should be better than anything that has been seen before.

Interested or willing to give air time that is the question. Apparently canal plus has a good relationship with sky. Bein has nrl already so would save the rl fans subscribing to two channels for rl in France. Eurosport is not very big. Canal is very rugby union oriented but any of the three would be good news 

Well they've had the first two already. Canal + from day one against Wigan at Aime Giral. Followed by Orange tele communications company for a year or so. Bein was the great hope in 2012 I remember. Led at the time by a real treiziste who was around at the time of PSG in 1996 in Charles Bietry who was originally with Canal + . He must have retired and with it the suppoprt for the Dragons. Last year before L'Equipe got involved there was talk of Channel W9 wanting to get involved too.

As a side line what were the rolling-advertisements yesterday all about at Brutus- a new era. Is it a first that? Christophe Levy is and has been a major fixture at Dragons for years on the comminications/advertising side. He's been I reckon one of the most valuable people there.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Things moving nicely forward regarding next season I had a good long talk with Rudolph yesterday (He is currently covering the NRL for Bien Sport) and he is 100% behind it to come back and call the matches which is great.

Very keen for the emphasis to be on the players and towns where the matches take place, now we are looking for a French girl who speaks fluent English as well for the pitch side interviews.We already have an American girl lined up who is a keen rugby league fan and does interviews for Barcelona FC channel as well.

Paul

6 hours ago, JohnM said:

Excellent news. Exactly what is this deal, what is the schedule? What channel is it on? 

It’s thought the detail are to be announced on Monday and it’s thought Sky Sports will be able to broadcast every Catalans home game in the Uk at very little cost, that should add some real value to our tv deal over here and games on tv in France can only help to grow the game. Robert Elstone was a complete disaster for the sport, why on earth did he scrap the previous tv deal we had in France?

17 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Things moving nicely forward regarding next season I had a good long talk with Rudolph yesterday (He is currently covering the NRL for Bien Sport) and he is 100% behind it to come back and call the matches which is great.

Very keen for the emphasis to be on the players and towns where the matches take place, now we are looking for a French girl who speaks fluent English as well for the pitch side interviews.We already have an American girl lined up who is a keen rugby league fan and does interviews for Barcelona FC channel as well.

Paul

Good of Rodolphe to do the commentary for free! Or will he be paid? Maybe get someone like Olivier elima for the pitch side as he speaks well in both languages. Even though the English wouldn't go to do much trouble to have french commentateurs for championship games etc😁(in a french accent) "we are in France speak French"

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

Good of Rodolphe to do the commentary for free! Or will he be paid? Maybe get someone like Olivier elima for the pitch side as he speaks well in both languages. Even though the English wouldn't go to do much trouble to have french commentateurs for championship games etc😁(in a french accent) "we are in France speak French"

I don't believe in asking professional people to do things for free (They will be paid out of the sponsors budget so no cost to the FFR13) great idea regarding Olivier pitch side through we will 100% go for a young female.

Ask young Biville (laurence i think or that may be her mum) who played in Australia for a year or two. Her mum is part of the fédération too and her brother plays at limoux so win win. I dont know what her English is like but two years in oz must have given her a decent level 

29 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I don't believe in asking professional people to do things for free (They will be paid out of the sponsors budget so no cost to the FFR13) great idea regarding Olivier pitch side through we will 100% go for a young female.

The daughter is called laureane biville

The daughter is called laureane biville

Brill thanks Barnyia the key really is top class professional presentation 

* LED

* Pitch markings 

* TV interview backdrop boards 

* Commentary team with a good knowledge of the players and local area 

* FFR working hand in hand with the Maire for match promotion

I would also like to present some history of the home team prior to each match as well.

Broadcast to start 1 hour prior to kick off to build things up with a few nice articles about the home club and local area all simple stuff but important.

Hoping for a trial run at the Championship Final then 20 matches starting October/November 

P

36 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

* LED

* Pitch markings 

I would also like to present some history of the home team prior to each match as well.

Broadcast to start 1 hour prior to kick off to build things up with a few nice articles about the home club and local area all simple stuff but important.

Hoping for a trial run at the Championship Final then 20 matches starting October/November 

P

So season will start in October /November? 

Thatll mean a year and 7/8 months that my u19s won't have played a game! 

56 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

* LED

* Pitch markings 

P

Sounds better than Sky’s SL production! 😁

Archived