Jump to content

Fri 2 Apr-Sun 4 Apr: Betfred Championship Week 1 Match Thread


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its obviously early doors but with Bradford and London seemingly been big favs to make the top 6, I wonder how many people have changed their minds after judging their first few performances?

 

Favourites with the bookies, but not necessarily with those of us with 'eyes to see'. I don't see either us or London in the Top 6 at the end of the season, and I thought that before the season started.

That said,  I didn't foresee us getting gubbed by 50 at Sheffield 😳 The proverbial 'wake up call' if ever there was one...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


20 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its obviously early doors but with Bradford and London seemingly been big favs to make the top 6, I wonder how many people have changed their minds after judging their first few performances?

 

judging by that one , yes fax you may have a chance of making the 6 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's the Newcastle team taken from their website (lots of Widnes & Runcorn connections!)

Newcastle Thunder squad
v Widnes Vikings - Sunday 4th April - KO 17:15
FROM

1 Lewis Young 2 Jack Johnson 3 Matty Wright 4 Kieran Gill 5 Calum Turner 6 Jake Shorrocks 7 Josh Woods 8 Nathan Wilde 10 Mikey Wood 11 Ukuma Ta’ai 12 Sam Wilde 13 Liam McAvoy 14 Evan Simons 15 Ted Chapelhow 16 Jay Chapelhow 17 Connor Bailey 18 Alex Clegg 19 Evan Hodgson 21 Reece Dean, 28 Cian Tyrer 33 Connor Aspey

 

Think Widnes wil have too much even though missing a few through Covid. Going for 12-26

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Ive said it before but Bradford seemed to be putting a team together totally ignoring the new rules that would be in place this season. The speed of the game now is going to be much quicker than some of their players can handle.

I didn't think any championship team would put 50+ over Bradford. How wrong i was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few glitches for OurLeague this weekend (overall I think it's very good). Took some time for Friday's Fev/Batley game to reappear to be able to watch, and I was hoping to be able to pay to watch the York/Toulouse game tonight but it doesn't seem to be there when you click on the link. Seems to be pot luck as to when or whether games are available after they have taken place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The Phantom Horseman said:

A few glitches for OurLeague this weekend (overall I think it's very good). Took some time for Friday's Fev/Batley game to reappear to be able to watch, and I was hoping to be able to pay to watch the York/Toulouse game tonight but it doesn't seem to be there when you click on the link. Seems to be pot luck as to when or whether games are available after they have taken place.

Looks like production is down to individual clubs, so time lags will be inconsistent 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The Phantom Horseman said:

A few glitches for OurLeague this weekend (overall I think it's very good).

My experience falls way below good I'm afraid. 

If rovers tv begin re-broadcasting, even on audio, I think I'll take that before using our league

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Robin Evans said:

My experience falls way below good I'm afraid. 

If rovers tv begin re-broadcasting, even on audio, I think I'll take that before using our league

There does seem to be some inconsistencies out there. I haven’t had any issues streaming any of the games at all, barring the one that was an issue at source today

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Newcastle 30 Widnes 30, still in play...

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we didn't have covid problems, I would send Doro back. I don't know how both got a yellow, how can you react to being dominated in a tackle by a strike to the face? Should have been a red for Doro and completely lost us that game imho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, nathanfilkins said:

If we didn't have covid problems, I would send Doro back. I don't know how both got a yellow, how can you react to being dominated in a tackle by a strike to the face? Should have been a red for Doro and completely lost us that game imho.

How could he have lost the game when Widnes didn’t lose?

Sloppy defence throughout was the issue 

Fair play to Newcastle. Got a decent attacking structure there. Hopefully they’ll be challenging for the playoffs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Spidey said:

How could he have lost the game when Widnes didn’t lose?

Sloppy defence throughout was the issue 

Fair play to Newcastle. Got a decent attacking structure there. Hopefully they’ll be challenging for the playoffs 

Sorry I meant lost us the win. I think the second half Widnes didn't even have a glimpse at newcastle's line, but we stood strong in defence, throwing them in touch a few times. Momentum shifted as soon as they both went off the field, newcastle had more spirit and full credit to them, I'm not moaning at the result. I'm just annoyed that anyone can act the way he did after such a great game and to represent the shirt I support. He tried to get violent in a tackle in the first half too. Would rather lose than have players like that on my team. But Newcastle did very well, I had us a 4 point winner, I knew it would be close, great first game back for the neutrals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Horrible result for Bulls but with Broncos losing and Thunder drawing with Widnes,  there's eight teams in the hunt for the 6 playoff spots.  

Playoff Bankers: Fev, Toulouse and York

Final three (?) : Fax, Broncos, Widnes, Thunder, Bulls 

Just what the champ needs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Horrible result for Bulls but with Broncos losing and Thunder drawing with Widnes,  there's eight teams in the hunt for the 6 playoff spots.  

Playoff Bankers: Fev, Toulouse and York

Final three (?) : Fax, Broncos, Widnes, Thunder, Bulls 

Just what the champ needs. 

So Batley run play-off bankers Fev close away from home and Bradford get a right thumping at 'no-hopers' Sheffield, but you are calling the Bulls above the two of them after 1 game? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

So Batley run play-off bankers Fev close away from home and Bradford get a right thumping at 'no-hopers' Sheffield, but you are calling the Bulls above the two of them after 1 game? 

Agree! All wild speculation and no form to go by at the moment. Not sure London will be that high and Batley already beat Halifax in the cup. I think there are a decent number of teams will be challenging for those 3-6 positions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nathanfilkins said:

If we didn't have covid problems, I would send Doro back. I don't know how both got a yellow, how can you react to being dominated in a tackle by a strike to the face? Should have been a red for Doro and completely lost us that game imho.

Well done Agent Doro 😃

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

So Batley run play-off bankers Fev close away from home and Bradford get a right thumping at 'no-hopers' Sheffield, but you are calling the Bulls above the two of them after 1 game? 

Just working under general principle that higher wages will equal better finish. And its based on pre season prediction of top six  (Fev tou Lon York Wid Brad ) that Fax and Thunder might crash into.  Lets see where we are after 5 fixtures on Batley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...