Jump to content

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His main problem is that, like Luke Thompson, he's joining a club that are currently a bit rubbish.

Breaking in Australia. Looks like a double pick up from the Tigers with Hastings going too. 

Sadly, Wigan have gone from 4 time World Club Champions to an NRL nursery club. Hopefully they can sign Gildart back in a few years. 

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Breaking in Australia. Looks like a double pick up from the Tigers with Hastings going too. 

Great news for me. Another Englishman in the NRL and a back at that which will hopefully allow another talented young English player get his chance at wigan.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Breaking in Australia. Looks like a double pick up from the Tigers with Hastings going too. 

And here's me thinking it would be Cas on a UK RL forum....

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

And here's me thinking it would be Cas on a UK RL forum....

They've had enough luck this week, to last them a while Mr F!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

"They are what we thought they were." Danny Green

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no real idea about the youngsters coming through at Wigan, any decent young centres that could in a season or two replace Gildart?

Will be interesting to see how he goes over there though. Best of luck to him. I think the only thing he lacks compared to many of the outside backs in the NRL is size. 

  • Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Link to post
Share on other sites

His main problem is that, like Luke Thompson, he's joining a club that are currently a bit rubbish.

  • Like 6

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I look forward to Exiled Wiganer removing him from contention for future England squads. His form is bound to suffer and those pesky Aussies might get to know his game - pah!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I have no real idea about the youngsters coming through at Wigan, any decent young centres that could in a season or two replace Gildart?

Will be interesting to see how he goes over there though. Best of luck to him. I think the only thing he lacks compared to many of the outside backs in the NRL is size. 

Umlya Hanley or Sam halsall perhaps?

Im sure who could add another 5-10 kg without it slowing him down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I have no real idea about the youngsters coming through at Wigan, any decent young centres that could in a season or two replace Gildart?

Will be interesting to see how he goes over there though. Best of luck to him. I think the only thing he lacks compared to many of the outside backs in the NRL is size. 

The only young centre coming through at the moment is Sam Halsall. He's played for England at academy level but probably isn't at the same level the likes of Gildart, King or Percival were at the same age. Lack of rugby due to the pandemic won't be helping.

Wigan do have Hardaker and Bibby for next season but French probably isn't going to be here next year so there's definitely some changes required in the backs. Also Bibby has failed to nail down a centre spot so far so just handing him that role without him earning it would be an obvious step down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

The only young centre coming through at the moment is Sam Halsall. He's played for England at academy level but probably isn't at the same level the likes of Gildart, King or Percival were at the same age. Lack of rugby due to the pandemic won't be helping.

Wigan do have Hardaker and Bibby for next season but French probably isn't going to be here next year so there's definitely some changes required in the backs. Also Bibby has failed to nail down a centre spot so far so just handing him that role without him earning it would be an obvious step down.

Not sold on Bibby. Don't think he offers much at all really. Certainly not at centre. Might need to try and pick up someone from the NRL for a proper replacement.

  • Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Not sold on Bibby. Don't think he offers much at all really. Certainly not at centre. Might need to try and pick up someone from the NRL for a proper replacement.

Reminds me of Shaun Ainscough who was scoring tries for Wigan but just didn't look the part long term. Tom Davies on the other hand. Why the hell did they let that kid go? 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell be back, once he's learned to be homesick.... Unless of course, he's properly supported by his new employer. 

Four legs good - two legs bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Breaking in Australia. Looks like a double pick up from the Tigers with Hastings going too. 

Been common knowledge for months over here,good luck to the lad.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see a bit of a local tug of war for Toby King as he’s off contract this year.   He’s already turned down Warrington’s first offer.   Not marquee level but there aren’t many decent centres in the game at the moment and he probably feels he can command a bit more salt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I can see a bit of a local tug of war for Toby King as he’s off contract this year.   He’s already turned down Warrington’s first offer.   Not marquee level but there aren’t many decent centres in the game at the moment and he probably feels he can command a bit more salt.

What do you think the TK Max is for the kid? Would you make him one of Warrington's top earners? Can they even?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I can see a bit of a local tug of war for Toby King as he’s off contract this year.   He’s already turned down Warrington’s first offer.   Not marquee level but there aren’t many decent centres in the game at the moment and he probably feels he can command a bit more salt.

I’d take him, with Naiqama’s contract ending this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’d take him, with Naiqama’s contract ending this year. 

Interesting what may happen with Saints, Coote is off contract and undecided (the club appear relaxed on this), Naiqama is only 32 so could go around another year or two but against those decisions Saints must continue to develop Welsby with a position in mind, there are also other young 3/4s waiting for their chances. Would you take King over Naiqama now? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...