Batley this Sunday

georgeb1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, yck2017 said:

Fordy has made his gameday speech we will be better than the Fax game, i am not holding my breath after every game you have come out with the same old rederick i hope on Sunday you make me eat my words

He will 😀😀😀

Game day! 

We’ve all had our say over the past week about how we’ve gone this season and I think it’s important we do, sometimes I think it’s good players don’t respond on social media because it never ends well....there’s one player recently released from Hull KR who had a few games at York last season who was offering people out when they were suggesting why he’d been released! 

I just hope today things come together on the pitch. First off, any kind of win will do me, even a last minute 1 point win. I expect we’ll see all 3 loanees in the side, and I hope Ford does drop some of the underperforming players. 

Not seen any betting handicaps (sky bet still haven’t put theirs up), very close to call. It will be a draw! 🤪

59 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Game day! 

We’ve all had our say over the past week about how we’ve gone this season and I think it’s important we do, sometimes I think it’s good players don’t respond on social media because it never ends well....there’s one player recently released from Hull KR who had a few games at York last season who was offering people out when they were suggesting why he’d been released! 

I just hope today things come together on the pitch. First off, any kind of win will do me, even a last minute 1 point win. I expect we’ll see all 3 loanees in the side, and I hope Ford does drop some of the underperforming players. 

Not seen any betting handicaps (sky bet still haven’t put theirs up), very close to call. It will be a draw! 🤪

Handicap Betting

York City Knights (-10.0)10/11

Handicap Tie (-10.0)22/1

Batley Bulldogs (+10.0)10/11

Match Result

York City Knights 4/11

Drawn Match 25/1

Batley Bulldogs 2/1

28 minutes ago, POR said:

Handicap Betting

York City Knights (-10.0)10/11

Handicap Tie (-10.0)22/1

Batley Bulldogs (+10.0)10/11

Match Result

York City Knights 4/11

Drawn Match 25/1

Batley Bulldogs 2/1

Cheers, weren’t on when I posted this. +10 for Batley would usually sound promising although I have a good feeling about today for York. There’s a reason I only bet £5 a month 🤣

On 18/06/2021 at 20:03, POR said:

Because not everyone especially away fans can get a ticket I'm sure they will stop when restrictions on crowd size are lifted 

At risk of being corrected, that can't be so. A limit of 2000 fans in the LNER. 

We wont get 1500 home fans on what is Fathers Day. Batley arent gonna bring more than 500 ?

So, to reiterate what PUK said, why is it on Our League ?

5 minutes ago, andyacko said:

At risk of being corrected, that can't be so. A limit of 2000 fans in the LNER. 

We wont get 1500 home fans on what is Fathers Day. Batley arent gonna bring more than 500 ?

So, to reiterate what PUK said, why is it on Our League ?

I'm glad it is. My current depression leaves me in no state to attend in person but i will be watching the stream. The real skill is hitting the pause and play buttons to get the pictures to sync with the Radio York commentary 🙂

1 minute ago, AB Knight said:

Cheers, weren’t on when I posted this. +10 for Batley would usually sound promising although I have a good feeling about today for York. There’s a reason I only bet £5 a month 🤣

If you we're a FEV fan I would suggest you wouldn't even bet that  fiver our odds for beating rams today  are 1/33 🤣

2 minutes ago, POR said:

If you we're a FEV fan I would suggest you wouldn't even bet that  fiver our odds for beating rams today  are 1/33 🤣

I think that would get £5.01 back!

From the handicaps I’ve seen the only one that looks tempting is Sheffield +10 at Widnes. 

49 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

I think that would get £5.01 back!

From the handicaps I’ve seen the only one that looks tempting is Sheffield +10 at Widnes. 

That much wow I promise not to spend it all at once 🍹🍻🍸

0-10 half time.

First 15 minutes was encouraging, off loads and ball movement. Once Batley scored the first we reverted to normal type. 

We need our half backs to take it to the line and risk getting hit as there's holes in that Batley defensive line. Saying that, they're a very well drilled unit. 

We need first score or you fear for us. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

5 minutes ago, Drigdog said:

Listening to Ford's comments sounds like he his worried for his job.

As a fellow Batley supporter, I doubt it. I think he is very highly regarded, but I think today was a clear example of why a losing coach shouldn't be interviewed straight after the match. I heard the summariser on RY after the match and he was right it was all about the result and whoever won was the best side.

First off, congratulations to both sides for a superb game. Entertaining from first minute till last. 

Much improved performance from the Knights. 20 minute spell end of the first half where we went back into our shell but that aside I was impressed with today’s totally committed effort against a very good, well drilled Bulldogs side.

At long last we moved the ball at times and looked a completely different side. Another five minutes and I’m sure we would have nicked it. 

The whole side put their bodies on  the line and it must have been gutting to walk off the pitch with nothing to show for their efforts. Think we were well worthy of at least a point. 

Marsh, Dixon, Scott and Washbrook all had great games and Cutho had a great impact in that last 15 minutes. If only someone had been on his shoulder with that last play of the game. 

Disappointing to lose again but unlike the Fax and Bulls game came away happier and seeing light at the end of the tunnel. We are still a way to go but if we play like that for the rest of the season we can compete and beat most of the sides in this division. 

Well played Batley, thanks for contributing to a great afternoons entertainment. 

And to James and our lads keep going and play with the same enthusiasm, commitment plus that little bit of flare and results will turn then we will climb this table. 

Good effort, much improved. Onwards and upwards. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

2 minutes ago, Andy Knight said:

First off, congratulations to both sides for a superb game. Entertaining from first minute till last. 

Much improved performance from the Knights. 20 minute spell end of the first half where we went back into our shell but that aside I was impressed with today’s totally committed effort against a very good, well drilled Bulldogs side.

At long last we moved the ball at times and looked a completely different side. Another five minutes and I’m sure we would have nicked it. 

The whole side put their bodies on  the line and it must have been gutting to walk off the pitch with nothing to show for their efforts. Think we were well worthy of at least a point. 

Marsh, Dixon, Scott and Washbrook all had great games and Cutho had a great impact in that last 15 minutes. If only someone had been on his shoulder with that last play of the game. 

Disappointing to lose again but unlike the Fax and Bulls game came away happier and seeing light at the end of the tunnel. We are still a way to go but if we play like that for the rest of the season we can compete and beat most of the sides in this division. 

Well played Batley, thanks for contributing to a great afternoons entertainment. 

And to James and our lads keep going and play with the same enthusiasm, commitment plus that little bit of flare and results will turn then we will climb this table. 

All said for more eloquently than i ever could but i want to add that that was the most enjoyable Knights league performance to watch all season. Yes we lost, but at least we gave the ball some air and ran strong when we had it in hand. A match fit Ellis would add plenty if we can hold onto him.

6 hours ago, JonT said:

I'm glad it is. My current depression leaves me in no state to attend in person but i will be watching the stream. The real skill is hitting the pause and play buttons to get the pictures to sync with the Radio York commentary 🙂

Thinking of you. Passing my virtual support to you. You're NOT alone 

23 minutes ago, Andy Knight said:

Saved me a lot of typing

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

A better performance today and the loanees played well and will only get better hopefully we can keep hold of them for more than 2 weeks. 

We looked dangerous with the ball today and for the first time in a long time and when we scored our first try you could see there confidence lift.

If we can get a settled side get a win sooner rather than later we can start to make progress.

Well played Batley they have always been a hard side to beat in the 40+ years I have been supporting York. Even though it was a close entertaining game I still feel gutted after a defeat.

Dixon was excellent today

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Really enjoyed today , proper game two well matched sides gave it their all , felt the result was irrelevant as neither side are going up or down , thanks Batley for the experience and enjoy your fortune in the playoffs.😀😀😀

Looking back at the game,  you suddenly realise how far Batley have come in 2 seasons to be able to turn over a club packed with ex sl players, and quite a few of sl standard. One of the best games so far this season, barring some very dubious refereeing. 

39 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Really enjoyed today , proper game two well matched sides gave it their all , felt the result was irrelevant as neither side are going up or down , thanks Batley for the experience and enjoy your fortune in the playoffs.😀😀😀

Nice to see the knights playing some open rugby,but we have gone backwards on the pitch this season even though we more experience and supposedly better players than 2years ago,very disappointed with the season on the whole to date and lucky we have Oldham and swinton in the league

6 minutes ago, Puk said:

Nice to see the knights playing some open rugby,but we have gone backwards on the pitch this season even though we more experience and supposedly better players than 2years ago,very disappointed with the season on the whole to date and lucky we have Oldham and swinton in the league

Very enjoyable game today, and , after Swinton away, probably the best Knights performance. We didn't get the run of the ball at times, but to suggest we are lucky to have Oldham and Swinton to hold us up is, in my opinion, wide of the mark. It was obvious today that Ellis and Hepi lacked match fitness, but Ellis showed enough to suggest if we can hang on to him he could go a long way to solving the problem we have at half back. Do that and we will be winning games again and have an outside chance of making the top 5.

One gripe today, is why we didn't take the easy 2 points from the penalty we were given when it was still 0 - 0.  We could have had points on the board, and we would have got the ball back to start again. Was it the difference between winning or not?

Archived