2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

24 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Really like both Saints kits - especially the home one. Just wish the Home Bargains could monochrome and in-keeping with the colours on that jersey. 

Agreed, shirts look good (I really like the away), but the main sponsor looks just plastered on, rather than harmonised

Edited by DoubleD
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Suspect the reason the England jersey got marked down in price is that there'll be a new version for the tournament, Dacia have updated their logo I imagine they'd want it incorporated since there's the time to do it now.

download.png

Interesting new logo, very futuristic................seems they've gone with a similar style as DS (Citroen) brand. Think that logo will better suit the England shirt. Given it's quite a change and unrecognisable to many of the public, they'd be advised to do quite a promotion push for the brand ahead of the world cup to raise awareness/familiarity

Saints home is nice. Not a huge fan of them having the large red area on the upper part of the jersey, but O'Neills have made it work well in this case.

Not so keen on the away. Is there any green in the jersey? the background switch on the banner suggests there should be? Also not keen on the colour switch on the logo, i know it works into the colour of the jersey, but just doesn't look right to my eyes.

The photographer should have probably switched their lighting from red to green/blue also.

• Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

7 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Saints home is nice. Not a huge fan of them having the large red area on the upper part of the jersey, but O'Neills have made it work well in this case.

Not so keen on the away. Is there any green in the jersey? the background switch on the banner suggests there should be? Also not keen on the colour switch on the logo, i know it works into the colour of the jersey, but just doesn't look right to my eyes.

The photographer should have probably switched their lighting from red to green/blue also.

I'd describe it as 'aqua mint' - whether that's blue or green is up for debate I guess 🤷‍♂️

Certainly not the same shade as the blue in the Home Bargains logo in any case. 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold

3 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Suspect the reason the England jersey got marked down in price is that there'll be a new version for the tournament, Dacia have updated their logo I imagine they'd want it incorporated since there's the time to do it now.

download.png

That reminds me of all the US logos and writing that you see in any 1980s film.

7 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I'd describe it as 'aqua mint' - whether that's blue or green is up for debate I guess 🤷‍♂️

Certainly not the same shade as the blue in the Home Bargains logo in any case. 

yeah looking at the Saints website its definitely a mint green. The fact they've used the red lighting when shooting makes the highlight colour look more light blue.

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 14.45.08.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

41 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Wow - what a rank shirt.

Can't say I'm a fan of either tbh. It's a difficult sponsor logo to fit into a shirt which doesn't have a horizontal band but on the away in particular it looks poor.

The home just looks like someone forgot to say stop as the designers kept adding different elements to it. Oh well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

yeah looking at the Saints website its definitely a mint green. The fact they've used the red lighting when shooting makes the highlight colour look more light blue.

Yeah the lighting in that shot is terrible, makes it look like parts of the short are actually red, is it black or dark blue?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

download.png

It reminds me of the Deloraine logo

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Yeah the lighting in that shot is terrible, makes it look like parts of the short are actually red, is it black or dark blue?

It's weird that they have released the kit with pro photoshoots that distort the shirt to the point that you don't actually know what colours they are. 

That's really poor. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's weird that they have released the kit with pro photoshoots that distort the shirt to the point that you don't actually know what colours they are. 

That's really poor. 

Looking at how bad the Saints kits are maybe that was a conscious decision 😂

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

It looks very similar to the shower curtains in Home Bargains.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Like I said before, this is the premier club of Northern hemisphere RL and it just looks so cheap. It sets the tone for the rest of the game. 

It does, I agree. 

It's more a knock on the game itself rather than Saints, who are obviously getting a good deal out of it. But if the best we can get these days is a budget store, and plastered on the kit in a very obtrusive way at that (no effort to blend the logo in with the kit's design), then we're not in a good place.

If it was just the font and not the huge block with completely contrasting colours to the shirt, then I could probably live with it more. Hull currently make their sponsors logos fit in with the design and it looks far better.

• Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

10 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Like I said before, this is the premier club of Northern hemisphere RL and it just looks so cheap. It sets the tone for the rest of the game. 

Let's not go so over the top with absolutely everything. 

• Like 4