the "our ailments" thread

i think i have only been to see a gp about twice in 25 years - i should really go for one of them MOT  checks but always think "once they get their hands on you" so never have - prob silly of me but don't entirely trust them or their drug cocktails.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

Norovirus.

Horrible.

My sympathies. Once had, never forgotten. the warmth of liquid running down your leg as you don't quite make it and then sat with a bucket exiting at both ends. Only the once fortunately, it really steps up your hand wash routine for ever after.

Some years ago, on a motorcycle tour of Belgium and Germany with a load of mates, I got a 6 am call from one of our group in the same hotel. He'd been up all night with projectile vomiting and diarrhoea. He was so ill he needed an ambulance. I popped by head round the door to say I was on it, then got an ambulance. The paramedics came in full "ghost busters" kit and smuggled my mate down the back stairs and off to hospital. He was treated, rehydrated etc and back in the hotel by 5pm. Norovirus confirmed, hotel disinfected his room etc.

In his absence, we'd had a good ride down the Moselle valley.  I was just having a quick shower when it (s)hit me too, and I ended up in the same hospital, same treatment, Norovirus confirmed. Is an awful thing to catch.  It's SO bloody virulent it makes the rate of Covid spread seem slow. 

So, off to Belgium and blow me, a third guy gets Norovirus, so two of our party just packed their bags and rode back to the UK that very day.

12 hours ago, JohnM said:

Some years ago, on a motorcycle tour of Belgium and Germany with a load of mates, I got a 6 am call from one of our group in the same hotel. He'd been up all night with projectile vomiting and diarrhoea. He was so ill he needed an ambulance. I popped by head round the door to say I was on it, then got an ambulance. The paramedics came in full "ghost busters" kit and smuggled my mate down the back stairs and off to hospital. He was treated, rehydrated etc and back in the hotel by 5pm. Norovirus confirmed, hotel disinfected his room etc.

In his absence, we'd had a good ride down the Moselle valley.  I was just having a quick shower when it (s)hit me too, and I ended up in the same hospital, same treatment, Norovirus confirmed. Is an awful thing to catch.  It's SO bloody virulent it makes the rate of Covid spread seem slow. 

So, off to Belgium and blow me, a third guy gets Norovirus, so two of our party just packed their bags and rode back to the UK that very day.

I was in a hotel in Egypt 15 years ago, and it hit pretty much everyone.

On 24/12/2021 at 09:41, CornwallRL said:

I was in a hotel in Egypt 15 years ago, and it hit pretty much everyone.

couldn't you manage to get it in the sink or toilet or hit the bucket instead?

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Well found out today I have to have an operation. Its only a small procedure, in and out the same day and only off work for a couple of weeks but I don't think anyone ever wants to hear they need an operation. 😕

I hope it all goes well for you, HG.

• Thanks 1

On 29/12/2021 at 13:23, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Well found out today I have to have an operation. Its only a small procedure, in and out the same day and only off work for a couple of weeks but I don't think anyone ever wants to hear they need an operation. 😕

Still though, force yourself to take it easy.

Good recovery!

• Thanks 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

On 29/12/2021 at 12:23, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Apart from when they’re told the alternative is certain death … I wanted to hear it that day 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Well the antibiotics I've been put on for the next week have given me insane diarrhoea. Been 5 times already today. Only 5 more days of pills to go though. Happy New Year everyone!! 😁

File under 'Too Much Info'.....

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Had a fall at work just before 10.a.m this morning. Fat story skinny, I have 2 broken ribs.

The pain is something else, has anybody else endured this and if so, any tips would be fantastic, many thanks.

only ever had rib cartilage damage and that was bad enough, can't imagine the pain you must be in

• Thanks 1

I have a cold.

I have written about how when people compare Covid-19 to the flu, they seem to forget how serious flu is. Presumably because people think of flu as like a cold. Well, I forget, that while hardly life threatening, a cold has stopped me in my tracks. I cannot work, as I cannot concentrate, I am hot and shivery and rather pleased it will all be over within a week.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

2 hours ago, Bob8 said:

I have a cold.

I have written about how when people compare Covid-19 to the flu, they seem to forget how serious flu is. Presumably because people think of flu as like a cold. Well, I forget, that while hardly life threatening, a cold has stopped me in my tracks. I cannot work, as I cannot concentrate, I am hot and shivery and rather pleased it will all be over within a week.

night nurse and plenty of it - but dont get addicted - its only a short term fix 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

night nurse and plenty of it - but dont get addicted - its only a short term fix 

Had a slurp of NyQuil.

Sweet baby Jesus, it is good. I am looking forward to tongiht's fix 😄

• Like 1

After a few excruciating hours yesterday evening, it appears I may have a kidney stone (or stones).  I was close to calling for an ambulance but the constant thought in my head was that I hadn't showered or put on clean pants, so couldn't go to hospital.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!