Jump to content

Toulouse New Signings


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

No, this wasn’t SARL, it was them quoting Brian Carney on Sky.

SARL must be the worst there is on RL media.  OTT clickbait headings on what 2 blokes on Twitter have said is normal fodder.

But on Fages, it would’ve been the ideal time to go back to France when interest is rising.  I hope it’s not too late!

Fages would be a good signing however he would want top money and it may rock the boat with the other French players

Should be with the Dragons but no chance as his father and Bernard have a long a standing rift:( Same as with Maxime Greseque which is why he was never signed.

 

Paul

 

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, Forever Trinity said:

Going on the defence here but where does it say Wakefield are in a bad state? Just for information the reduction across the board will hit all clubs. The club explores other ways of increasing funding streams, I think you need to look at one or two other clubs before singling out Wakefield.

I think wakefield complained about it more than anybody else

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:


Double post 

 

The NRL are expanding to 17 teams when the dolphins are allowed in and possibly 18 teams by 2027

Thats a lot of players taken back to the NRL and as viewing figures increase they already have a billion dollar tv deal. 

We need to up our game by introducing franchising, and by quitting the nonsense about a 10 team super league as its selfish, insular and paranoid 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The storm said:

The NRL are expanding to 17 teams when the dolphins are allowed in and possibly 18 teams by 2027

Thats a lot of players taken back to the NRL and as viewing figures increase they already have a billion dollar tv deal. 

We need to up our game by introducing franchising, and by quitting the nonsense about a 10 team super league as its selfish, insular and paranoid 

There's always Martyn Sadler's proposal? You can have as many teams as you like big or small!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The storm said:

I think wakefield complained about it more than anybody else

No they didn't.  The CE merely referred to it during a Trinity TV interview mainly publicising the appointment of Poching as coach and the season ticket release.  A few sites used the reference as clickbait.

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, The storm said:

The NRL are expanding to 17 teams when the dolphins are allowed in and possibly 18 teams by 2027

Thats a lot of players taken back to the NRL and as viewing figures increase they already have a billion dollar tv deal. 

We need to up our game by introducing franchising, and by quitting the nonsense about a 10 team super league as its selfish, insular and paranoid 

Are you setting the criteria ? 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Scubby said:

If they were bold enough I would put in a cheeky bid for Tom Johnstone. Wakefield are in a pretty bad state with the cuts in funding and a bid of £100k (and a high paid player off the books) may be tempting for Trinity - timing is everything.

Might be more worthwhile signing up Kershaw or Hampshire as neither have been retained by Trinity yet.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Might be more worthwhile signing up Kershaw or Hampshire as neither have been retained by Trinity yet.

Ryan is a good utility to have in the squad , but he does/did want a confirmed position , doubt he'll ever get one 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MC Finchy said:

Winger to replace Hitchcox.

Back up half to cover Ford and Gigot.

Couple more hungry props to replace Casty.

Those are a must for Toulouse. Plus a number of squad players for depth.

As well as they have the luxury of an A team to choose from. 

Marcon and bergal. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although its a good boost for French Rugby League to have 2 teams in SL I fear it will lead to an averaging down of talent at the two teams especially if Toulouse can manage to stay in the Sl for more than 1 season as players will be able to use both teams as bargaining tools to get the best deal where as before Catalans had the pick of the players.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Now the serious work starts , they'll need a good 7/8 players to avoid finishing bottom IMO , but I do expect them to get them and retain SL for 2023

I dont Steve. I didn't think Toulouse were any better than Leigh, so they had better get a move on quickly and get some players signed. 

Why should they retain a SL place when potentially 3 go down 🤔

If it stays at 12, would they really close P@R knowing that they have paid Leigh a parachute payment to go again in 2022? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

I dont Steve. I didn't think Toulouse were any better than Leigh, so they had better get a move on quickly and get some players signed. 

Why should they retain a SL place when potentially 3 go down 🤔

If it stays at 12, would they really close P@R knowing that they have paid Leigh a parachute payment to go again in 2022? 

No better than Leigh's full squad no , given the disruptions we had , they'd have fared no better IMO 

Last night Fev looked tired from the start , whereas having played half as many games Toulouse looked fresh 

If they can get enough ' Eurotrip ' Aussies they'll be fine 

As for the structure thoughts ? , Well who knows 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

I dont Steve. I didn't think Toulouse were any better than Leigh, so they had better get a move on quickly and get some players signed. 

Why should they retain a SL place when potentially 3 go down 🤔

If it stays at 12, would they really close P@R knowing that they have paid Leigh a parachute payment to go again in 2022? 

SL cannot afford to stop P&R. They are on a proven downward slope. SL1 and SL2 is a contingency plan should it be called upon. They have no answer to the future of the sport.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know it's a forum and we need something to discuss but it always confuses me how people often want Fages to move back to France. He showed great courage and confidence to move over to England at a young age to make a career from the game, and has developed to be a very good player and win multiple titles. Whilst it might be nice for him to have the option to move back as far as I know he hasn't ever mentioned this. He wouldn't necessarily have his pick of clubs but he has a very strong CV and I suspect wants to continue to do what is best for his career and for him, not just running back home at the first opportunity. He's not from Yorkshire. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, glossop saint said:

I know it's a forum and we need something to discuss but it always confuses me how people often want Fages to move back to France. He showed great courage and confidence to move over to England at a young age to make a career from the game, and has developed to be a very good player and win multiple titles. Whilst it might be nice for him to have the option to move back as far as I know he hasn't ever mentioned this. He wouldn't necessarily have his pick of clubs but he has a very strong CV and I suspect wants to continue to do what is best for his career and for him, not just running back home at the first opportunity. He's not from Yorkshire. 

Agree completely, the more French players scattered throughout the league, the closer the national team will be to bridging that gap to the top 3/4 International teams. NZ isn't successful just because the Warriors play NRL, it's the 4/5 players at every NRL team, likewise for Tonga.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2021 at 09:09, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Toulouse have a great squad for the Championship and went unbeaten for over 2 years, most of their squad are Super League Ready, but they’ll still need to make several signings and strengthen to be a force in Super League.

Are there any rumours on who they’re looking to sign? It’s always tough for the promoted side as most players already have contracts for next season so it’s slim pickings. 

This is something I have been saying all along and on these pages that this Championship Toulouse side is nowhere near being good enough for the week in week out rigours of SL, but some and no moreso than yourself Kev have been in denial of that, they will need wholesale changes and no more so than in the forwards to replace some of the gallant but ageing forwards.

The thing is, they would be no different than any club wanting to make the transition from the Championship to SL work in that they need to attract/entice/employ the right calibre of player's and in sufficient numbers within the SC restraints, Leigh didn't do it (albeit they did not finish bottom) Toronto didn't do it (I couldn't see that team improving results wise) so will Toulouse do it, only time will tell, good luck to them they will need it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Fages would be a good signing however he would want top money and it may rock the boat with the other French players

Should be with the Dragons but no chance as his father and Bernard have a long a standing rift:( Same as with Maxime Greseque which is why he was never signed.

 

Paul

 

Yes, I think you made that comment before mate.  The point I was making was that Brian Carney was quoted as Fages has signed for Huddersfield.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Agree completely, the more French players scattered throughout the league, the closer the national team will be to bridging that gap to the top 3/4 International teams. NZ isn't successful just because the Warriors play NRL, it's the 4/5 players at every NRL team, likewise for Tonga.

Big difference Rob, the French players in question are bona-fide national born Frenchmen, who will most likely have learned their trade at 'Home', unlike 'Tonga' who are in the main national Aussies or Kiwi's and have been subjected to a much higher standard and tutorial excellence of the game all their lives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Now the serious work starts , they'll need a good 7/8 players to avoid finishing bottom IMO , but I do expect them to get them and retain SL for 2023

Based on the performances i've seen in the play-off's I actually think they need at least 9-10 SL standard players if they're going to survive. The promoted team usually picks up as a starter the best performing players from the team just relegated, which in Leigh's case this year were the likes of Hood & Bell, both of which have already signed with other SL clubs. So it begs the question, where will TO pick up these players from ?

St.Helens - The Home of Rugby Champions

Saints Men's team - Triple Champions & Double Winners ; Saints Women's team - Treble Winners ; Thatto Heath - National Conference Champions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, glossop saint said:

I know it's a forum and we need something to discuss but it always confuses me how people often want Fages to move back to France. He showed great courage and confidence to move over to England at a young age to make a career from the game, and has developed to be a very good player and win multiple titles. Whilst it might be nice for him to have the option to move back as far as I know he hasn't ever mentioned this. He wouldn't necessarily have his pick of clubs but he has a very strong CV and I suspect wants to continue to do what is best for his career and for him, not just running back home at the first opportunity. He's not from Yorkshire. 

That's right G  but don't forget Yorkshire is GOD's own County😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

This is something I have been saying all along and on these pages that this Championship Toulouse side is nowhere near being good enough for the week in week out rigours of SL, but some and no moreso than yourself Kev have been in denial of that, they will need wholesale changes and no more so than in the forwards to replace some of the gallant but ageing forwards.

Can you quote me on this? I’m fairy sure you can’t because I’ve said nothing of the sort. Of course Toulouse need to make some quality signings to add to their squad as they step up from the Championship to Super League. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Can you quote me on this? I’m fairy sure you can’t because I’ve said nothing of the sort. Of course Toulouse need to make some quality signings to add to their squad as they step up from the Championship to Super League. 

Where is the second paragraph Kev, the one that says Toulouse will be no different  to any other team being promoted, in that the recruitment process is paramount to any team staying up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Fages would be a good signing however he would want top money and it may rock the boat with the other French players

 

I haven't seen the official announcement yet from Hudds but several months ago Saints let it be known he was leaving for Hudds, supposedly on double the offer on the table from Saints at that time. The Hudds offer was in the region of £200K a year.

St.Helens - The Home of Rugby Champions

Saints Men's team - Triple Champions & Double Winners ; Saints Women's team - Treble Winners ; Thatto Heath - National Conference Champions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...