Stadium updates .......

3 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

He certainly couldn't wait to put the boot in on the original stadium plan that the Labour controlled council had worked hard to bring about. He was voted in as our MP because like me we didn't want Corbyn running our country. It was a no brainer at the time.

2 hours ago, Galloper said:

He was also voted in because of brexit. And that hasn’t brought the benefits promised. In fact it’s costing the uk circa £100 billion per annum so far.

37 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Oh dear, give a rest will you, its not a political forum.🙄

I was finished but since I have been tagged back in I will have one more word, people do not like to face that voting for Brexit and electing MPs such as Jenkinson was a huge mistake so now they tend to say it was to stop Corbyn. Well it hasn't gone well at all on all 3 counts.  But time to end this and focus on the hope of a new stadium which west Cumbria desperately needs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

I was finished but since I have been tagged back in I will have one more word, people do not like to face that voting for Brexit and electing MPs such as Jenkinson was a huge mistake so now they tend to say it was to stop Corbyn. Well it hasn't gone well at all on all 3 counts.  But time to end this and focus on the hope of a new stadium which west Cumbria desperately needs. 

Jenkinson pulled the plug on the stadium as a local Councillor  before he was a Consrvative candidate. I voted Labour all my life up until the last election, let's leave it at that shall we.🖕

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Jenkinson pulled the plug on the stadium as a local Councillor  before he was a Consrvative candidate. I voted Labour all my life up until the last election, let's leave it at that shall we.🖕

Yes let's leave it, although I will never get my head around how life long club supporters could even contemplate on voting for someone who single handedly destroyed the construction of their clubs dream of a state of the art stadium, incredible. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Yes let's leave it, although I will never get my head around how life long club supporters could even contemplate on voting for someone who single handedly destroyed the construction of their clubs dream of a state of the art stadium, incredible. 

Are you still having a go at Jeremy Corbyn??

Unfortunately Town/Reds have come unstuck over the Stadium due in no small part to the British election system . Most people still vote "locally" on a Party basis rather than who is the best person for the job . I have worked with a few people who , lets say are a bit work shy , some of them unbelieveably have ended up as councillors , due to voting blindly on a party rather than the candidate .

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Unfortunately Town/Reds have come unstuck over the Stadium due in no small part to the British election system . Most people still vote "locally" on a Party basis rather than who is the best person for the job . I have worked with a few people who , lets say are a bit work shy , some of them unbelieveably have ended up as councillors , due to voting blindly on a party rather than the candidate .

All aboard the gravy train. 😎

Did anyone get to the speedway yesterday? They are reporting a crowd of 2,500 at a track which essentially is an oval with banking and hard standing at the top,makes you wonder how capacity certificates are issued. I am just waiting for the council and naysayers to tell us that all we need is a roped off field

• Haha 2

On 14/05/2023 at 02:28, Route66 said:

Did anyone get to the speedway yesterday? They are reporting a crowd of 2,500 at a track which essentially is an oval with banking and hard standing at the top,makes you wonder how capacity certificates are issued. I am just waiting for the council and naysayers to tell us that all we need is a roped off field

Ye town put a shed in the popular side to sell drinks and needed planning permission I'm told , you couldn't make it up !

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Ye town put a shed in the popular side to sell drinks and needed planning permission I'm told , you couldn't make it up !

"Town put a shed in the popular side"............I presume you mean the bar at the town end?. This brick built area was included into the stadium facility in 1956, i.e. right from the off as it were. Originally pies and oxo were sold...maybe alcohol needed another form of licensing? But not planning permission?

2 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

meanwhile trying to get the thread back on track ......I was told the other day that the government funding for the proposed stadium has to be spent by sometime in 2025 - not March 24 like some of the other funded schemes (Maryport's projects) so the dream is still alive for now .....

Dream?? - only if you have Red tinted glasses on.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chromedome said:

"Town put a shed in the popular side"............I presume you mean the bar at the town end?. This brick built area was included into the stadium facility in 1956, i.e. right from the off as it were. Originally pies and oxo were sold...maybe alcohol needed another form of licensing? But not planning permission?

I think he meant the bar the opposite end to the brick built bar, the one that was put up recently 

18 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Yes the wooden shed .

Dedicated to Nigel Church, stalwart supporter home & away, & long time club sponsor who unfortunately passed away recently.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nero said:

Dedicated to Nigel Church, stalwart supporter home & away, & long time club sponsor who unfortunately passed away recently.

That right Nero, my point being anything Town do they seem to have to jump through hoops to do it.

• Like 2

Talking of stadiums. Anyone been to watch the speedway yet? For it being as basic as it comes, they've got it spot on. No frills but great viewing points from everywhere, plenty of catering and drink options, ample parking etc. Just a good all round feel about the place. Can't help but think how much the club would benefit from new surroundings. Wether you liked it or loathed it, there's a buzz back around the speedway and I think our club could benefit from something similar away from DP???

On 21/05/2023 at 21:28, townie88 said:

Talking of stadiums. Anyone been to watch the speedway yet? For it being as basic as it comes, they've got it spot on. No frills but great viewing points from everywhere, plenty of catering and drink options, ample parking etc. Just a good all round feel about the place. Can't help but think how much the club would benefit from new surroundings. Wether you liked it or loathed it, there's a buzz back around the speedway and I think our club could benefit from something similar away from DP???

very much in charge of their own destiny as well - they get all the revenue which will help them become sustainable.

Speedway definitely not my cup of tea, but best of luck to them as there's obviously plenty of interest in West Cumbria for the sport 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

surely there must be some drawings and costings for the stadium ready to be shared with supporters of both clubs?

As ganna be deed before owt gits built!!

You'd have thought so eh. There is a q & a at Borough park on sat. I'm sure the stadium will be asked about.