Pre match entertainment

Eddie

Looks good. I notice that Hull are making an effort for their home opener, we saw Hull KR step up this kind of thing last year, and I know my club Wire makes a bit of effort with the off-field offering. It's good to see that clubs are seeing value in creating an event.

50 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Personally I’m indifferent about pre-match and half time entertainment, but I know it enhances the match going experience for a lot of people

That's exactly the point isn't it.

Diehards like us turn up anyway, this sort of thing is aimed at the fringe or new supporters.

Well done Saints, it looks awesome! Exactly the kind of thing that would have attracted my kids when they were younger.

Have to say I`m not a big fan of pre-match and half-time entertainment either as I always feel like it gets a little lost out in the middle of the field and I`m there mostly for the footy anyway. Also I don`t like to see Rugby League clubs forking out dough for artists that only perform a couple of songs any way.

I think if we are going to have them they should be aimed at some sort of spectacle that will appeal to the kids and consequently most parents would get enjoyment through that if they see the kids enjoying themselves.

Having said all that absolutely can`t wait to see the pre-match entertainment live at the Indigenous All-Stars match on Saturday night, should be spine-tingling.

Just now, The Rocket said:

Have to say I`m not a big fan of pre-match and half-time entertainment either as I always feel like it gets a little lost out in the middle of the field and I`m there mostly for the footy anyway. Also I don`t like to see Rugby League clubs forking out dough for artists that only perform a couple of songs any way.

I think if we are going to have them they should be aimed at some sort of spectacle that will appeal to the kids and consequently most parents would get enjoyment through that if they see the kids enjoying themselves.

Having said all that absolutely can`t wait to see the pre-match entertainment live at the Indigenous All-Stars match on Saturday night, should be spine-tingling.

I think the ground going completely dark then a light show sounds pretty good, especially if they get the music right etc, as Paul said above my kids would love that too. 

1 minute ago, JonT said:

Surely that has to be the very first use of the word  coruscating on a rugby league website. Had me scurrying to the bookshelf for the pocket Websters, anyway!

I thought it meant criticising something, evidently not! 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I thought it meant criticising something, evidently not! 

No, it's when bit-part singers from the local amateur operatic society glide gracefully round their local ice rink.

Oh hang on, that's chorus skating...sorry!

9 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

Not bothered about the pre match stuff. Would just like every club to do a printed programme.

There's a thing on BBC sport today asking if the printed programme is a thing of the past (albeit with reference to soccer, I think)

I don’t mind pre and half time entertainment. It attracts families, which bring the next generation of speccies through the gate. Besides, I don’t have to watch it because I am away buying alcohol. 

And so we shall again…

The Giants are putting a lot of effort into improving the 'match day experience' with lots of things going on outside the ground, a bit similar to what Hull KR did with some success last year. It's all happening outside the ground as inside is 'red zone' and nothing permitted. Lots of street food sellers, bar, face painting for the kids, a singer, and DJ. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

Personally I’m indifferent about pre-match and half time entertainment, but I know it enhances the match going experience for a lot of people so it’s good to see Saints making an effort for Thursday’s game, it sounds pretty good. 

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2022/02/05/a-huge-event-awaits/

My little ones are asking about what else wll be on for the game we are going to at Headingly..... haven't a clue if there will be anything.... anyone know?

We took our 5 year old to a game last year and then to the Ratchford testimonial last week. She's interested in sport, asks lots of questions about it, but by far the most important thing about the event was what Wolfie was up to. Absolutely fascinated by him. 

The stuff round the edges, the music, the light shows, the food, drink, facilities are absolutely crucial and shouldn't be ignored. 

And I must say, despite Wire being a good setup, having to queue for 20 minutes for a drink with a kid, and not being able to get into a toilet cubicle because I take her in the blokes toilets which are covered in pee is not the best experience. I do think there is a rethink about what we do for kids due. 

I’m not really bothered about prematch of HT entertainment, but if it impresses any new fan’s at Saints on Thursday night in the freezing cold (you’d be mad to go) then that’s good news. I’ve not a clue who the lad is doing the entertainment, but as long as he doesn’t do any bloody Oasis or Robbie Williams tunes i’ll be satisfied…..i think. 

9 hours ago, Dave T said:

And I must say, despite Wire being a good setup, having to queue for 20 minutes for a drink with a kid, and not being able to get into a toilet cubicle because I take her in the blokes toilets which are covered in pee is not the best experience. I do think there is a rethink about what we do for kids due. 

This ⬆️. My daughter loves going to the match but after one toilet experience like you describe I wouldn’t take her until she was old enough to go in the ladies on her own. 

Archived