Jump to content

Whitehaven match


Evs62
 Share

Recommended Posts


It's been a while since we were such massive underdogs for this game. I'm just hoping that the break we had at the weekend gave Chris time to work on our game and rest some tired bones. Just want us to give our best and come out of it with a bit of pride. UTT.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both teams injury ravaged. Granted haven have managed to recruit a couple. At what point do we stop saying hope for no injuries and an acceptable score. We need to start collecting points, and what better way than in a Derby. Defence needs a massive improvement if we are to come away with anything.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

It's been a while since we were such massive underdogs for this game. I'm just hoping that the break we had at the weekend gave Chris time to work on our game and rest some tired bones. Just want us to give our best and come out of it with a bit of pride. UTT.

Don’t see town as massive underdogs. Both teams with players missing and both in poor form. See this as a 50/50 and will be down to who performs on the day

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Townie987 said:

Let’s hope the board and players avoid this forum. I’m sure they’ll be heartened to see the negativity as they all work their socks off.

It’s a forum , people can say what they want . People here care , be even worse if they didn’t bother 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Townie987 said:

Let’s hope the board and players avoid this forum. I’m sure they’ll be heartened to see the negativity as they all work their socks off.

I am sure they do but it might help if they communicated a bit more,its clear people are becomming disillusioned and need to hear some positive information, stark contrast in information feed from last season?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Townie987 said:

Let’s hope the board and players avoid this forum. I’m sure they’ll be heartened to see the negativity as they all work their socks off.

I've no doubt they will work their socks off, but we are underdogs because  we are pointless. Would love the lads to turn it around on Sunday, I would be delighted. UTT.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Onreport said:

I am sure they do but it might help if they communicated a bit more,its clear people are becomming disillusioned and need to hear some positive information, stark contrast in information feed from last season?

Since last game the Twitter page has got some stuff about Reds and a few parish notices . Maybe wrong but I never understand how it’s so hard to talk to players , get some stuff from training , grab Chris more often etc etc to keep fans engaged . Getting folk interested and coming is a two way street but honestly i think our communications has regressed if anything . Within a couple of hours of the YORK game I was watching Ford and Liam HARRIS talking , and they were away 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Since last game the Twitter page has got some stuff about Reds and a few parish notices . Maybe wrong but I never understand how it’s so hard to talk to players , get some stuff from training , grab Chris more often etc etc to keep fans engaged . Getting folk interested and coming is a two way street but honestly i think our communications has regressed if anything . Within a couple of hours of the YORK game I was watching Ford and Liam HARRIS talking , and they were away 

Within a day of reds match on Saturday. They had an interview available to watch with the manager and highlights of the game. At the moment we get to hear 2 minutes from Chris on radio cumbria if you get back to the car quick enough, or the occasional interview on facebook

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, townie88 said:

Within a day of reds match on Saturday. They had an interview available to watch with the manager and highlights of the game. At the moment we get to hear 2 minutes from Chris on radio cumbria if you get back to the car quick enough, or the occasional interview on facebook

Yeah it isn't good enough.. especially with the amount of money people have put into the club over the last few years through raffles.. virtual pints etc.. the least we can expect is some clarity about what's going on 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well it's Tuesday and training tonight so fingers crossed there is something positive to report especially on the recruitment side. Hate being critical but I agree with a lot of the posts that communication has dropped, but I suppose it's difficult when there's no good news on the recruitment front and the team's getting spanked every week. 

  • Like 3

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm starting to wonder what's going on , I was in the sponsors lounge for the last match and we where all told signings would be made in the next week or so , we have money to spend so what is the hold up , if it all comes together in the next couple of days brilliant, but I'm getting very concerned  that there's a problem somewhere and we aren't getting told , also what's going on with Perry has he now left ??

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well going by Chris’s interview on Facebook we’ve got 1 definitely for Sunday and waiting for word on 2 contract offers till the end of the season. Hopefully have all 3 available. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Well going by Chris’s interview on Facebook we’ve got 1 definitely for Sunday and waiting for word on 2 contract offers till the end of the season. Hopefully have all 3 available. 

Worryingly he seemed to suggest that others have agred then given backword, wonder what the problems are??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Onreport said:

Worryingly he seemed to suggest that others have agred then given backword, wonder what the problems are??

Yes that did seem to have happened on a couple of occasions from what he said. I suppose it’s maybe not too easy attracting someone to a bottom of the table team. Hopefully get these other 2 over the line.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Yes that did seem to have happened on a couple of occasions from what he said. I suppose it’s maybe not too easy attracting someone to a bottom of the table team. Hopefully get these other 2 over the line.

I believe he also said he'd offered 2 young lads (who he was waiting to hear back from) contracts till the end of the season? Could that be a problem if it's only till end of the season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Well going by Chris’s interview on Facebook we’ve got 1 definitely for Sunday and waiting for word on 2 contract offers till the end of the season. Hopefully have all 3 available. 

Good news then , looking forward to developments .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I believe he also said he'd offered 2 young lads (who he was waiting to hear back from) contracts till the end of the season? Could that be a problem if it's only till end of the season?

I suppose it could be, a lot will depend on their current situation probably and whether they have other offers to consider

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think it will be a real tight game,Haven are pretty busted and really could have done without last weeks game,if Town are within 1 score going into the last 20 I fancy you to get your first win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't think anyone could give a prediction on this game, both teams are struggling to put out a fully fit 17 out along with players playing out of position, its a shame for both clubs. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does Sky know something we don’t?  Just looking at their programmes for Sunday evening Premier Sports 1 are showing Workhaven RLFC are playing Whitehaven!!!!!

  • Haha 2

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Keith T said:

Does Sky know something we don’t?  Just looking at their programmes for Sunday evening Premier Sports 1 are showing Workhaven RLFC are playing Whitehaven!!!!!

Laughable marra it’s a joke 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...