Whitehaven match

Evs62

Enjoying this.

Gonna go to the wire.

Still struggling to complete their sets....both teams. 

Looks like who respects possession most in the second half will come out on top.

Sounds like a great atmosphere. 

• Like 2

Well if we put a performance in like that every week that win is not far away every player has played the heart out and we have just came short few players just aren't up to the standard we need alex Young is just not upto the standard but our forwards really put a shift in really nice to see weetman back also let's move onto next week the 1st win is not far away 

Up the town 

• Like 5

Not going to say that our first win isn't far away because we seem to have been saying that since mid February but that was a pretty decent effort tonight from the lads. 

A good tough derby played mostly in the right spirts, which was decided by some very fine margins. 

2nd half we faded a bit and Haven dug deep at crucial times which won them the game (along with the soft first half tries)

Well done to players tonight but also the coaching staff and BOD. 

UTT 

• Like 4

Same predictable mistakes conceding an early try, then one on the hooter and poor defence on the fringes. Lack of constructive play and penetration apart from Oscar Thomas (who should surely play at standoff, with Doran into loose forward). Tonights game was there for the taking an opportunity missed to give us a chance of staying up. Haven's defence, discipline and playing to the conditions seen them home 

• Like 1

Better than I initially feared........sadly though conceding a try as the hooter was sounding for half time was a big body blow.... at 10-14 to Town it would have been more justice....then the wind started to blow which along with  downpour aided Haven big style...Town struggled to gain a foothold in Haven territory in second half, because of the elements. To concede just the one try was a very good effort.

Yes the Haven fans made a good atmosphere for a gate of 1875...but why on earth did they launch many many pints of ale on the Town following.???....it's not a great sight.

1 minute ago, chromedome said:

Better than I initially feared........sadly though conceding a try as the hooter was sounding for half time was a big body blow.... at 10-14 to Town it would have been more justice....then the wind started to blow which along with  downpour aided Haven big style...Town struggled to gain a foothold in Haven territory in second half, because of the elements. To concede just the one try was a very good effort.

Yes the Haven fans made a good atmosphere for a gate of 1875...but why on earth did they launch many many pints of ale on the Town following.???....it's not a great sight.

Inbreds marra !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, chromedome said:

To be fair marra I watched the game on me mobile in golf club and i don't know where you stand at In derwent park but the haven fans are always peppered with drink near the bar on the popular side even at 14.00 kick off times both teams have clowns that way 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, town blue said:

Same predictable mistakes conceding an early try, then one on the hooter and poor defence on the fringes. Lack of constructive play and penetration apart from Oscar Thomas (who should surely play at standoff, with Doran into loose forward). Tonights game was there for the taking an opportunity missed to give us a chance of staying up. Haven's defence, discipline and playing to the conditions seen them home 

Think the majority of the team put in a good shift tonight, but tonight also showed how bad  the wingers are, both attack and defence.    

• Like 3

Goal line defence was very good tonight apart from last try and Caine clearly injured and they score, one silly penalty and try after the hooter and could have been very different, Haven controlled the conditions better in the second half and I think we tired , our fringes need to step up I feel  this is where haven punished us , King had a good game for them and will be gone next year befo , all in all disappointed but I will never give in, 19 games to go anything could happen yet 🤞UTT

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, donald said:

To be fair marra I watched the game on me mobile in golf club and i don't know where you stand at In derwent park but the haven fans are always peppered with drink near the bar on the popular side even at 14.00 kick off times both teams have clowns that way 

I stand right there, near bar, on popular side (in front of you)and I've never seen as much liquid launched as seen tonight.......never ever.

• Like 2

Just now, chromedome said:

I stand right there, near bar, on popular side (in front of you)and I've never seen as much liquid launched as seen tonight.......never ever.

Fair play obviously I wasn't there tonight but you know it happens on popular side and the townies normally take the high ground in the kells end . But if you say it happened I can't argue against you

4 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Spot on mate, absolute disgrace, that's why I will never again step foot in that #### hole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1