Fri 15th Apr : SL : Hull Kingston Rovers v Hull FC KO 12:30 SKY

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Hull FC

Firstly, it obviously wasn’t a knock on. But let’s be honest, occasionally wrong knock on and forward pass calls are part of the game, one rarely determines the result and that one certainly didn’t. If you’re grasping at that, it’s time for a break from it I reckon.

Rovers were very poor all first half, not at the races at all. Luckily FC were equally off colour, despite their weight advantage up the middle and let’s be honest all their first-choice, very expensive backs on the pitch behind those big men. But then one of those two initially poor sides had a word with themselves at half time and sorted themselves out, so we won. Nowt more complicated to it than that really. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jughead said:

I’ve just seen Kane Evans in a Hull shirt and I actually have no recollection of his name being mentioned throughout that game. 

We could have Catalans v Toulouse, Hull KR v Hull FC, Saints v Wigan and Cas v Fev next year in a “rivals round”. Exciting. 

Or Salford v Leigh!

39 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

What's cosplaying?

You know how you form a pen picture in your head of people on here.  Well, I can say cosplay is not for you Harry.

It's dressing up as a character from a film, book, comic book or video game... usually socially or at a conference.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

You know how you form a pen picture in your head of people on here.  Well, I can say cosplay is not for you Harry.

It's dressing dressing up as a character from a film, book, comic book or video game... usually socially or at a conference.

Ah, so now I can see how it refers to Hastings and Tomkins😳

6 hours ago, Niels said:

Can Hull fans use the food and drink area or is it segregated?

I just wondered.

Since you asked, there's no direct access from the areas allocated to away fans but I don't think it's fair to say it's intentionally segregated because there's no direct access for the home fans in the north and west stands either. It's more to do with the layout of the ground.

One of our red and white friends on here might have a better idea how it works. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

5 hours ago, jacksy said:

And they say ref's do not influence the game.

5 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Refs make mistakes. These things even themselves up. The best teams will more often than not always win the game.

We repeatedly see these decision influence tight games and give one side a crucial leg up.  There had already been an incorrect call for a forward against Hull FC.

During the Saints v Wigan game there was a blatant ball steal on Cust given as knock on when Wigan were still in with a shout.

Happens far too often.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

5 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Since you asked, there's no direct access from the areas allocated to away fans but I don't think it's fair to say it's intentionally segregated because there's no direct access for the home fans in the north and west stands either. It's more to do with the layout of the ground.

The Craven Streat area is normally open to all fans (home and away), but today it was Rovers only. Possibly a recipe for disaster with the beers flowing from early on.

5 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

We repeatedly see these decision influence tight games and give one side a crucial leg up.  There had already been an incorrect call for a forward against Hull FC.

During the Saints v Wigan game there was a blatant ball steal on Cust given as knock on when Wigan were still in with a shout.

Happens far too often.

I thought both of those were poor calls.  Very poor in fact.  But both games also had some poor errors from both sides. That's being human. 

On the results.  I would say that the call agsint FC may have had an influence on the overall result, but maybe not likely, but the Wigan Saints result was never going to change on that call... Saints are a better team.

We can try and eliminate all referee errors on tv games by scrutinising each and every decision but I would ask what cost would that come at for our game and its enjoyment?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, daz39 said:

How poor was 'the Snake' today? wonder if there's stats for amount of balls thrown into touch? if there was i bet today was a record!!!

Jake connor match Stats.

Passes thrown into touch - 3

Toys thrown out of the pram - 5

6 hours ago, MZH said:

Another embarrassment. It won't happen, especially when one of them is club captain, but if Hodgson had the bottle and was basing it on performances then Gale and Reynolds would be playing in the reserves for the foreseeable future. We looked miles better with McNamara and Lovodua.

Quite a similar situation to Fartown last year, we were miles better with Russell and Pryce as half backs than Gaskell and Sezer, difference is our coach had the balls to drop em - and move them on.

5 hours ago, MZH said:

Another embarrassment. It won't happen, especially when one of them is club captain, but if Hodgson had the bottle and was basing it on performances then Gale and Reynolds would be playing in the reserves for the foreseeable future. We looked miles better with McNamara and Lovodua.

No getting away from the fact that we were better before Gale and Reynolds came back into the side. McNamara has got a good pair of hands and Connor was running riot on the back of the good early ball he was receiving. That kind of steady approach was exactly what was needed today.

In defence of Gale and Reynolds they haven't had much time on the field together but I expected an improvement on last week's poor showing. There were no signs of that today, the opposite was the case. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

Yeah it’s a bit of a pain from the North stand, you have to go out walk behind the West stand and then come back in, but it is normally allowed (policed by wristbands, and well organised).  The club just decided not to for this match. Is a shame in some ways, you’d like it to be alright eh, but anyone that’s been to a few derbies knows it’s probably common sense on balance.

Away fans come in for other matches tho, I was chatting to some Cas lads in there the other week and it was all good. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

6 minutes ago, Ullman said:

No getting away from the fact that we were better before Gale and Reynolds came back into the side. McNamara has got a good pair of hands and Connor was running riot on the back of the good early ball he was receiving. That kind of steady approach was exactly what was needed today.

In defence of Gale and Reynolds they haven't had much time on the field together but I expected an improvement on last week's poor showing. There were no signs of that today, the opposite was the case. 

Gale and Reynolds just doesn’t work as a pairing, I’m sure it’s obvious to Hull fans. I rate both in different structures to be honest, and never minded the little bit of grub in either of ‘em (we never mind that in our own players eh), but they just don’t fit well together. 

Was at the game and just watched back on TV and Sky tv didn't pick up on how the Hull forwards were gasping for air after every set after 20 minutes.

I have rarely felt so comfortable in a derby game because it was obvious that the big Hull forwards were struggling to cope.

9 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Yeah it’s a bit of a pain from the North stand, you have to go out walk behind the West stand and then come back in, but it is normally allowed (policed by wristbands, and well organised).  The club just decided not to for this match. Is a shame in some ways, you’d like it to be alright eh, but anyone that’s been to a few derbies knows it’s probably common sense on balance.

Away fans come in for other matches tho, I was chatting to some Cas lads in there the other week and it was all good. 

I thought the atmosphere was fantastic today but we've both been to enough of these games to know it only takes a handful of idiots to ruin it for everybody so I kind of understand it. 

3 minutes ago, Ullman said:

I thought the atmosphere was fantastic today but we've both been to enough of these games to know it only takes a handful of idiots to ruin it for everybody so I kind of understand it. 

Aye exactly. It’s usually great, was all good-natured today, but I reckon maybe 1 in 6 on average it proper turns & then it ain’t nice (and you wish you’d not brought the kids and stuff). Just life innit. One of my 3 girls won’t come to derby games ‘cos of one wazzock one year (and both clubs have ‘em)

3 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Happens far too often.

Connors no look bullet pass that completely missed the winger in the first half of the Hull derby, which would likely have led to a try, and Bibbys ankle pass to Farrell in the first 10mins of the Wigan/Saints game where it was harder not to score are examples of players contributing to their own downfall. But we want to point to a refs decision as a turning point? I just don’t believe that to be the case.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

13 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Happens far too often.

Can't say the poor decision was the reason for the result; the way we were playing didn't change at all before nor after. Usually when these things happen, the side hard done to finds something in them and kicks in - we did not. We were poor, simple as. Alarmingly poor in fact, especially with pretty much a first team out there.

We looked far better with McNamara and Lovodua in the halves and Connor running the show. I don't think Hodgson has the bottle to go back to that though whilst the rest are fit.

Gale has some serious proving to do.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Can't say the poor decision was the reason for the result; the way we were playing didn't change at all before nor after. Usually when these things happen, the side hard done to finds something in them and kicks in - we did not. We were poor, simple as. Alarmingly poor in fact, especially with pretty much a first team out there.

We looked far better with McNamara and Lovodua in the halves and Connor running the show. I don't think Hodgson has the bottle to go back to that though whilst the rest are fit.

Gale has some serious proving to do.

Hodgson said in his post-game interview that 'there will be changes' for Easter Monday. When Jon Wells asked if that meant personnel or attitude he said 'both'. So, we shall see who he selects at half-back.

As for Gale (34 in June) is he capable of proving the doubters wrong ? Missed a LOT of football in past 3/4 years.

And Reynolds is now a shadow of the player who played State of Origin for NSW.

20 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Three ex-Bulls Academy players in the HKR team.

Rovers have really benefited from signing 6 Bradford players in 2019.

Four of them were in the team that beat Hull, Elliot Minchella, Matthew Storton, Ethan Ryan and Rowan Milnes. They have all developed into quality Super League players.

2 hours ago, Szymala said:

Hodgson said in his post-game interview that 'there will be changes' for Easter Monday. When Jon Wells asked if that meant personnel or attitude he said 'both'. So, we shall see who he selects at half-back.

As for Gale (34 in June) is he capable of proving the doubters wrong ? Missed a LOT of football in past 3/4 years.

And Reynolds is now a shadow of the player who played State of Origin for NSW.

I’ve heard Gales bound for Wire next year with Hull signing Trueman to replace him. If true a strange signing by wire he looks done. 

Archived