Tom Johnstone to Catalans

17 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

…..he’s not World class if he’s out injured 🤷‍♂️

119 appearances in 6 years scoring 91 try’s 

Not bad considering he missed 2 separate seasons due to his knee ops

3 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Which others?

He had 1 serious concussion which he took time to recover from and was then slowly nursed back into playing 

I’m pretty sure he’s had more than one period out with “head issues”, add 2 bad knee injuries to the mix and it’s a definite no for me.  

7 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Knew Geno played loose forward for Brisbane but not prop either at Brisbane, Wigan or whoever he played for when Queensland had a league similar to Sydney aka 1982.

Thanks for the update.

theres some old you tube games with him with the 10 shirt on 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

11 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

No

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/tom-johnstone-wakefield-trinity-stand-down-star-winger-after-head-injury-3377270

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/57102479.amp

https://www.totalrl.com/wakefield-trinity-boss-gives-update-on-tom-johnstone-following-latest-concussion/

He’s had multiple issues around head knocks in the past year or so on top of two knee injuries. Someone will take a punt on him but there’s certainly question marks over his injury record. 

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

There are Twitter rumours that more than one SL club is looking at Barrow's pacey Thai winger Theerapol "Tee" Ritson - might be a cost-effective Johnstone replacement for Trinity, maybe?

Better than wasting money on Tom Lineham.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jughead said:

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/tom-johnstone-wakefield-trinity-stand-down-star-winger-after-head-injury-3377270

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/57102479.amp

https://www.totalrl.com/wakefield-trinity-boss-gives-update-on-tom-johnstone-following-latest-concussion/

He’s had multiple issues around head knocks in the past year or so on top of two knee injuries. Someone will take a punt on him but there’s certainly question marks over his injury record. 

Tom had one major concussion and everything else was a continuation of the complications he suffered from that

4 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Tom had one major concussion and everything else was a continuation of the complications he suffered from that

So he had complications over another injury, just as many have said already. 

Well fingers crossed that all clubs bar Wakefield think, as most on here, that he's not worth the risk. 🤞  

He's almost due a 10 year testimonial.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Really hope wakey manage to keep hold of him. 

lads a match winner and has won almost 2 games this year single-handedly. 

He looks well past his knee injuries and should be hitting his best years. His defence has improved and his metre gains out of our danger zone are valuable. Most teams won’t see this as they don’t watch him week in week out. 

No doubt he would be a huge loss if we can’t keep him. Only positive is we have young Lewis Murphy emerging who looks like a top winger in the making. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

theres some old you tube games with him with the 10 shirt on 

Didn't the Aussies have a differnet numbering system for forwards?  Loose forward was 8 I think, I don't know what 10 was.

• Like 1

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

13 hours ago, Futtocks said:

There are Twitter rumours that more than one SL club is looking at Barrow's pacey Thai winger Theerapol "Tee" Ritson - might be a cost-effective Johnstone replacement for Trinity, maybe?

Saints are one of those clubs talking with Ritson. It all depends on Grace and whether he accepts the offer from Welsh RU or signs a new contract. Teenager Jumah Sambou is identified as the long term replacement for Makinson and they're starting to integrate him into the 1st team now but he's a couple of years away from being a 1st team regular, so if Grace goes they need an immediate replacement. 

Gotta say i've been impressed with Ritson in the few games i've seen him in this year.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, latchford albion said:

Didn't the Aussies have a differnet numbering system for forwards?  Loose forward was 8 I think, I don't know what 10 was.

Good shout 11, 12, 13 front row and 8, 9, 10 were backrow IIRC - with 8 lock forward.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Saints are one of those clubs talking with Ritson. It all depends on Grace and whether he accepts the offer from Welsh RU or signs a new contract. Teenager Jumah Sambou is identified as the long term replacement for Makinson and they're starting to integrate him into the 1st team now but he's a couple of years away from being a 1st team regular, so if Grace goes they need an immediate replacement. 

Gotta say i've been impressed with Ritson in the few games i've seen him in this year.

Isn’t Jumah a second rower?

Ive seen him play his way through the Academy and Killer has very high hopes for him. Big fast and powerful but he’s got some athletic ability and knows his way to the try line.

He has a younger brother in the Sts system as well

29 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Isn’t Jumah a second rower?

Ive seen him play his way through the Academy and Killer has very high hopes for him. Big fast and powerful but he’s got some athletic ability and knows his way to the try line.

He has a younger brother in the Sts system as well

No he's a winger. Just before the Cas Game someone at the club had to quickly make changes to the website to add all the new players onto the 1st team squad page and they made a mistake, putting Sambou down as a 2nd rower. He's played virtually all his Academy rugby on the wing with the occasional game at centre (his younger brother Dayton also plays centre for the Academy now). I can only recall him ever playing 1 or 2 games in the 2nd row as short term cover for injuries.

I think Jumah is a good prospect, but as you could see from the Cas game he's still very raw and he's a few years away I reckon from being able to push for a regular 1st team spot. Jumah has been included in the 1st team squad for this weeks game so they're slowly getting him used to being in & around the 1st team squad. If i'm honest though his brother Dayton looks the better prospect of the 2 at this stage, he looks to have more natural ability, but time will tell how they both develop.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

I didn't know Grace had been offered a deal by WRU. Do you have any more detailed information on it?