Mon 16th May: Ch: Batley Bulldogs v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Batley Bulldogs
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/05/22 at 19:15

I think I’ll put a few books under one side of the TV, level it up a bit. 

• Haha 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

16 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

As much as it should be a gimme that the full-time team should be comfortably beating the part-timers, this is a good, disciplined performance from Leigh so far. 0-18.

Agree. As a Batley supporter it is a painful watch but Leigh have barely made a mistake and their forwards look very impressive in laying a platform for their backs. Size matters and is really showing here.

17 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Aaron Smith he is one hell of a tough lad, i have never known a player to suffer head knocks and cuts too the head. 

I have known a player who had far more head knocks Josef, also a Leigh player he must have been knocked unconscious a dozen times at least but this was in the 70's/80's when care was not the same as today, sadly he is no longer with us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

Looks like they’ve swerved the big black cloud.

Leigh on fire, disappointingly 🤪

No it's normal Dave, excepting last week v Sheffield and I think the problem with that was exactly the same as Fev with Batley in the second drawn game, in that they did not respect the opposition, Leigh beat Sheffield easy the previous week and thought they of only had to take the field.

As a Leigh fan I would sooner have had a much harder game this evening.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Not very good from Batley i expected better.Leigh look the best side in the Championship on their first half performance

It's an off day for the part-time Bulldogs. Leigh clinical and superior. What might have been a close game with Batley's A game and Leigh's B game hasn't been anywhere close. Excellent from Leigh.

It is perhaps testament to Batley's reputation of punching well above their weight that many thought this would be a closely contested game; all power to the Bulldogs.

• Like 1

Loving watching this.

Okay, it's obviously a tad one sided but, the ground, the pitch, and the fervent supporters of both teams are making it very enjoyable.

• Like 4
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Part time team on a working day will make no odds to Batley this result.   Would still fancy them to give either top two a game in one off shootout. 

They still have a catch up vs Eagles coming and London home next week.  

I still think Fev will be the better team over the season, but Leigh have posted a very impressive performance tonight. Batley would struggle against either in a winner-takes-all game, 9/10 times, but there's always an element of doubt with this gutsy team.

Batley 0 Leigh 52,

Game over.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Batley would struggle against either in a winner-takes-all game, 9/10 times, but there's always an element of doubt with this gutsy team.

The only way Leigh or Fev will lose to any other Championship team is bad attitude, no matter how gutsy any team can play the player's both teams have should be to good for any other team.

55 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

As a Leigh fan I would sooner have had a much harder game this evening.

As long as the Championship remains the only division to have obscenely unbalanced funding these matches will continue to be the norm.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

As long as the Championship remains the only division to have obscenely unbalanced funding these matches will continue to be the norm.

It is also down to how much the owners want or can invest in their teams, Leigh and Fev would not be recieving the funding but for initially putting the finances in.

The division would be so much better if all the other teams could emulate these two, rather than the bottom dwellers as that seems to be your want 

• Like 3