Sun 5th June: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

13 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

You and me both, London have 3 debutants and 9 of their academy graduates playing. When I saw the teams I thought York might win by 50+. Currently 18-26 with about 25 mins left.

24 - 28 now.

4 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Awesome for Barrow but how spineless is this from Widnes, they have managed to go backwards from last season. 

To be fair, I'm not certain how far forward we went last season!

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Expected a slip up by Leigh, especially after Thursday and Fax seemingly doing very well at the moment, I am in the middle of Adriatic at the moment and really chuffed at Leigh 24 - 0 to the good when logging on.

Leigh were NEVER going to slip up,rested 7 at Barrow so they were going to struggle. Home today with a full team back i  would imagine so should win.

9 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

That´s my point, you were at the lowest ebb (I thought) getting pumped game after game by anyone who is a playoff contender is woeful. 

Too right. I thought the lowest ebb was losing twenty or more on the trot and then nearly going bust. But, we now seem to crave relegation. We need a new coach, to hopefully in still confidence and fight into the players.

8 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

So Widnes decide to give Barrow effectively three points with that points difference and despite some near scores its as expected, bar Sheffield keeping faint playoff hopes alive. Maybe London take confidence from that but so often teams at the bottom ´waste´ performances where they get nothing and dont show up in the winnable games. 

Widnes didn’t GIVE Barrow anything, We spanked them & TOOK IT from them 🫵🥳

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

Big win for Whitehaven at Dewsbury.

Today was one of those rare occasions that I actually wanted Haven to win ! Keeps Town in touch with Dewsbury and London. Don’t think Dewsbury helped themselves though, down to 11 men at one point ?

Edited by Derwent
  • Haha 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

6 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

A team like Widnes , of its stature even in these times, should not be laying down for 40 points but delighted for Barrow. Looks like barring a bulls or Eagles miracle Barrow are in the playoffs. 

The name is all we have left. The good old days are but a distant memory. 

Today we are easy beats. 

Next up is York at home. 😕

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mickmike wilson said:

Widnes didn’t GIVE Barrow anything, We spanked them & TOOK IT from them 🫵🥳

Oh really. That’s how it looked from where you was stood / sat ? Some of the tries Widnes conceded were embarrassing. Think the players should have a whip round for their fans who gave up their time and money to follow them today.

1 minute ago, Derwent said:

Today was one of those rare occasions that I actually wanted Haven to win ! Keeps Town in touch with Dewsbury and London.

Definitely,for all your woes this season to be only 2 points from safety isn’t a bad position & still plenty of games against the bottom 4 still to play.

If Haven had lost today they’d have been in a hole.

21 hours ago, Thunder fan said:

Thunder got 6 of our best players back in the squad after they missed the fev game, also we have sam halsall and alex sutton on duel reg from wigan, so them 8 players will improve our squad for tomorrows game, another tough game though, come on thunder!!

Very, they was clinical today never let fax into the game.

41 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Awesome for Barrow but how spineless is this from Widnes, they have managed to go backwards from last season. 

Spineless is the perfect description for Widnes. We are a bloody disgrace.

• Like 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

18 minutes ago, JLandsman said:

Oh really. That’s how it looked from where you was stood / sat ? Some of the tries Widnes conceded were embarrassing. Think the players should have a whip round for their fans who gave up their time and money to follow them today.

Whip round for the fans….Yes agreed as they brought a few 👏👏👏

I understand your pain here but try to give a little credit to the winners please. 

feel for Widnes atm but honestly your experiencing what others have to endure season after season, hope you pick up again soon.

• Like 2

I am from Barrow. I actually attend the matches and cheer on the side. I can make my own mind up on what I see, rather than rely on a biased radio commentary. I don’t make badly informed comments on the attendance for example. I also feel for my fellow fans and the Widnes faithful were let down today. There are a lot of players in black today stealing a living. I know you like to contribute to the forums on the soccer and rugby, but really for somebody who lives in “the live music capital of the world” you seem to spend a lot of time listening to BBC local radio.

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

24 - 28 now.

Rested big lads today and played the young lads. That said, the kneets should have put a marker down. Felt sorry for London; played well, Parata organised team and they wanted it, even up to the final whistle. York got away with this one. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hard to be disappointed with today from a Fax point of view and pretty much went the way I expected. We can play like we did today and would beat the majority of the teams in the division but we were totally dominated by what I feel is the best team we have ever seen in the Championship. If Leigh had two good half backs I feel they would comfortably finish mid table in SL with this team. I feel sorry for Fev because fo me they are the team that deserves to go up for how they have built over the years but I think Leigh are streets ahead of them. Our coach said the same thing in his interview after the game. Leigh will need to have a total disaster in the final to not end up in SL in my opinion.

• Like 1