Roby to set a new Super League record

Great achievement, best British hooker of the SL era, and the best to play his entire/majority of his career in SL.

I new he was getting close but and was possibly going to break it this year, but wasn’t sure when.

Ryan Hall is not far off Danny McGuires try record as well, but think he will need another season to do that.

Edited by Live after death

Can't think of a better person to hold the Superleague appearance record, great player and a a real credit to the game. Mind you the man who's record he'll be taking isn't such bad ambassador for Rugby League either

• Like 1

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

I'm pretty sure that, before Roby made his debut, there were St Helens fans fretting about how they were going to replace a hooker as good as Cunningham.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 hours ago, Jughead said:

If he stays on at Saints beyond this year, he’ll almost certainly break the all time appearance record at the club. 

He will, the top 3 are;

Billy Benyon - 514, Eric Chisnall - 523, Kel Coslett - 531.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

He will, the top 3 are;

Billy Benyon - 514, Eric Chisnall - 523, Kel Coslett - 531.

Surely Roby can't get to Kel Coslett, he would have to play another 76 games ? Great achievement anyway the best No9 I've ever had the pleasure watching.

27 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Surely Roby can't get to Kel Coslett, he would have to play another 76 games ? Great achievement anyway the best No9 I've ever had the pleasure watching.

Where did you get the needing 76 games from ???

He's played 508 games for Saints so far, there's possibly another 16 games he can play this year taking him to 524 which would put him 2nd on the list and then only 7 games behind Coslett

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

He's played 508 games for Saints so far, there's possibly another 16 games he can play this year taking him to 524 which would put him 2nd on the list and then only 7 games behind Coslett

Will he get a statue like Kieron?

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Mixing Superleague appearances up with total appearances.

I hope he plays another year and sets a record for Saints that never gets beaten - I'm not a Saints fan, but I am a huge James Roby fan

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

22 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

You are correct, I was just counting super league appearances and not adding on cup games. Still a great achievement.

There is a good, quite lengthy profile of James Roby by Ross Heppenstall in The Times this morning.  Well worth a read.

• Like 1