Widnes vikings

Town blue white

5 minutes ago, Town blue white said:

I go every game. buy the merchandise buy pints during the game and go the bar after the game. I am entitled to my opinion. 

Maybe a few too many today marra??🤔🤔🤣🤣

Are you the drunk Town fan with a branded bobble hat on??

Edited by Mr Frisky

1 hour ago, Derwent Parker said:

I agree - I heard today that the move across the road to that ####hole as been passed - i will continue to turn up until then - unless they surprise me and come up with something better than what we have now. But doubt it.

Getting sick of your anti-Reds rants

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arran Graham said:

Getting sick of your anti-Reds rants

Don't think it's anti-Reds, he just doesn't like the udea if moving to BP which he's entitled to say. Don't agree with him but acknowledge his right to have an opinion. I've never met a Town fan who is anti Reds but know plenty of Reds fans who are anti-Town for one reason or another.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Radio Cumbria sport twitter

Thanks David 

Doesn't make good listening does it, calling the players also seems like theres some truth in the rumours surrounding the French lads.

Real bad day at the office.

Edited by tbgfc

8 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

To be fair marra, this is a Town forum. 

Ah know that Marra but it's persistent. I follow both clubs and Reds have nowt to do with where the ground is gonna be situated. It's been said many times on here that the foundations at Town won't take a new ground so what's the alternative ?

Hell, we need summat new - 'bout time the area moved into the 20th century facilities wise, never mind the 21st

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arran Graham said:

Ah know that Marra but it's persistent. I follow both clubs and Reds have nowt to do with where the ground is gonna be situated. It's been said many times on here that the foundations at Town won't take a new ground so what's the alternative ?

Hell, we need summat new - 'bout time the area moved into the 20th century facilities wise, never mind the 21st

Preaching to the converted mate, it's a must for both clubs, to progress and compete at a decent level.🙏

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

replacement of one torn down stand at BP and the loss of all the " space available at DP

Town sold down the river to save reds who have a ~~~~ ground and a lease that finishes in a few year?

Will save reds - will be the end of Town.

You don’t half talk some sheeite!

Are you so blinkered your can’t see that Town are the poor neighbours!

The reds can access FA grants as they climb the football pyramid, there’s no funding for the likes of Town and other RL clubs, so we either embrace the move to a new ground share stadium or go the same way as Swinton and Oldham and be homeless nomads!

that’s the choice, there’s no sugar daddy on a white horse whose going to ride to the rescue and deliver a Super League ground to go with a subsidised super league side. So wind yet neck in!  Absolute 🤡 

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Like 4

Depressing reading.

Made the effort to travel from Holland for the play off game last season  and the whole Town was bouncing that Sunday evening.

Hard to read some of the comments less than 12 months later but looking at the results and reading about the performances it's understandable. 

Where do we go now. 

😬😬

Looking at the season so far it sort of raises a few questions. Did the promotion come too soon under CT'S rebuild? Was availability of players to sign reduced due to the time from the playoff win to the start of the season and probably  most important Was the budget sufficient for the championship?  Maybe a combination of all those things.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, town4me said:

Looking at the season so far it sort of raises a few questions. Did the promotion come too soon under CT'S rebuild? Was availability of players to sign reduced due to the time from the playoff win to the start of the season and probably  most important Was the budget sufficient for the championship?  Maybe a combination of all those things.

perfect storm marra, unfortunately despite what others on this forum think, this area does not produce enough quality players at amateur level to support two professional sides within 7 miles of each other !

That coupled with the fact that its nearly impossible to attract players from lancs and yorkshire due to the travelling plus the lack of finances to fly in 3 or 4 overseas players shows just how difficult a job the club's custodians have in building a competitive championship side.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, town4me said:

The problems started last season where we got by with a small pack but never really dominated it in what I feel was quite a weak league, if we had had a big pack I think we could of won the league quite easily as Barrow didnt domineer like most thought they would, it would of set us up a lot better for this season. 

• Like 1

Widnes brought a decent number of supporters otherwise I think the lack of numbers would have been clear.

I was expecting to see a few more changes to the squad but didn't materialise. No frenchies, no Steele, no Barnes, Riley despite what has been said is clearly not match fit. The effort is there but we're just not at the level needed and cant see where a score will come from.

Sorry to say it but, not a season ticket holder, I won't be returning until we have a competitive side whenever that is.

Whilst not detracting from our abject display yesterday , which was totally lacking in any go forward and creativity , it perfectly illustrated what you need to happen when you are bottom of the League .You need the opposition to be under par ,you need to play at your best and you need the bounce of the ball and be on the right side of the 50/50s .None of which happened .......Widnes drop out Curtis fails to catch the ball but turns his body and the ball goes backwards , ref rules knock on  , Widnes score on the next set (after a lucky bounce of the posts ). Again Town have the ball in the Widnes half , ball goes behind Buffer and we pick it up , ref again rules knock on  , Widnes score from next set .As some have said the next couple of tries from kicks back against the grain might both have been off side , but if not fair play to Widnes .On top of this we looked bereft of ideas and caved in , unlike London who came back from the dead to win their game .Yanto has asked in His post where do we go from here and i can`t answer that question as i doubt any of us can .Chris Thorman apparently stated some of the players wont wear the shirt again , well as some of the players have returned to their amateur Clubs , and with our small squad , where will the replacements come from ?....Over to you Chris !

• Like 2

Just watched the "highlights" and of the three kicks for tries i'd say two were onside and the other the camera didn't show but was probably onside. There was a forward pass in the build up to the last try and the two knock ons against Forber and Teare weren't but honestly the ref made very little difference to the result. I wonder who the players are that he says won't play again. Get Dec back sharpish for a bit of fire that some are lacking.

Apart from a few home games this season where we've been completely blew away. we've had good territory and possession to score a hell of a lot more tries that we have. The lack of creativity when near the opposition line is shocking. Either a slow ponderous ball out the back or most common is try and barge our way over from play the ball. 

How Walker hasnt been given more game time is one of the biggest mysteries.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

where will the replacements come from ?....Over to you Chris !

I can think of a few who’ve gone or weren’t given a chance who we could do with 

28 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Apart from a few home games this season where we've been completely blew away. we've had good territory and possession to score a hell of a lot more tries that we have. The lack of creativity when near the opposition line is shocking. Either a slow ponderous ball out the back or most common is try and barge our way over from play the ball. 

How Walker hasnt been given more game time is one of the biggest mysteries.  

It really is painful . I watch us attack on the opposition 20 and I’ve absolutely no expectation we’re gonna score . It’s like we literally have no clue , and we’ve got a SL/ NRL halfback as coach . Even if you’re not very good you can have some  semblance of fluidity , structure and life in attack . 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DavidM said:

It really is painful . I watch us attack on the opposition 20 and I’ve absolutely no expectation we’re gonna score . It’s like we literally have no clue , and we’ve got a SL/ NRL halfback as coach . Even if you’re not very good you can have some  semblance of fluidity , structure and life in attack . 

It is tough watching at the minute. Yesterday until Henson came on and at least tried the off the cuff stuff we were like robots,  ok it didn't all come off for him but if that off load to Riley had been better on their line that would have been a try. Do you think we are over doing the structure and stifling the creative players? JD is a shadow of himself. 

Edited by The Voodooguru
  • Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!