Zook Ema RIP

So very sad. Watched him play from his Colt days through to his first team appearances. A very powerful forward who gave his all for the team and part of the pack that had Mark Broadhurst as the other prop. The people of Hull knew that he had been battling against cancer but it is still awful news. He was also a very nice bloke to meet and a Fireman in the local brigade. Thanks for some great memories Zook. RIP.

• Like 3

Another sad loss, not the greatest weekend for RL followers in Hull by a long stretch.

RIP Zook.

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Remember the name well but just can't picture the guy.  58!  RIP

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Passed away today aged 58. He was battling cancer. Was a great player for Hull KR.

Was a great player, full stop. Fearless and a relentless trier in a lost cause. God, we could have done with him at Odsal today.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

2 hours ago, Sandy said:

So very sad. Watched him play from his Colt days through to his first team appearances. A very powerful forward who gave his all for the team and part of the pack that had Mark Broadhurst as the other prop. The people of Hull knew that he had been battling against cancer but it is still awful news. He was also a very nice bloke to meet and a Fireman in the local brigade. Thanks for some great memories Zook. RIP.

I packed down opposite Zook in what I think was his first pre-season game as a first team player. The bloke was as strong as a bull even at that age. I'm really sorry to hear he's passed away.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The breakthrough junior in my first 'proper' season going to Rovers as a kid, we won the league that year, just a powerhouse - but great hands as well 

Thought this clip was nicely done >

https://twitter.com/RoversGuy/status/1543712065965228032?s=20&t=Wwli6BQveAZq-x__av4cvg

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?