Sat 30 Jul: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Warrington Wolves KO 15:00

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/07/22 at 14:30

Ratchford grounds the ball in his own in goal area, another set for Hudds in the Wire half.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Hudds cross again through Trout.

Hudds 32 Wire 22.

Just now, CiderWire said:

3 tries in a 10 minute spell. Another capitulation by Wire.

Costly sin bin for Bullock and Wire.

Huds 32 Wire 22

Full tarm.

This doesn't look good at all. I was at the KR game at Warrington,there are some pretty angry wolves fans out there judging by the reaction of some of them after the game. They simply do not seem to be able to compete for the full 80. They start off great then go on to fluff it. Come on Warrington you're surely better than this.

25 minutes ago, CiderWire said:

3 tries in a 10 minute spell. Another capitulation by Wire.

that pretty much sums up TO's season as well...

3 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Just wolves Twitter feed. WOW. Seems like they want Powell and co out the door. I just hope they don't go down.

Id want him out if I was a Warrington supporter, he’s gone in and absolutely torn them apart with no positive results

21 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Id want him out if I was a Warrington supporter, he’s gone in and absolutely torn them apart with no positive results

So would I. I used to have a lot of time for Daryl. But God only knows what he's done at Warrington. I was thinking of following them as of next season, season ticket and all,on this showing it's unlikely. They need to do something NOW!

7 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

So would I. I used to have a lot of time for Daryl. But God only knows what he's done at Warrington. I was thinking of following them as of next season, season ticket and all,on this showing it's unlikely. They need to do something NOW!

I use to think once i would like to see him coach England. Now i wouldn't want him coaching my youngest grandsons under 11's team

15 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

The Giants doing a professional job on the Wolves and rightly not showing them any mercy just because the Wolves are in the bottom 3

Wakefield didn't capitulate though and played for the full 80 minutes. It's clear they are playing for their coach. If a team defends like that it does unsettle the opposition. Also Miller had an outstanding game.

I don't think Warrington have the same committment.

2 minutes ago, Niels said:

Wakefield didn't capitulate though and played for the full 80 minutes. It's clear they are playing for their coach. If a team defends like that it does unsettle the opposition. Also Miller had an outstanding game.

I don't think Warrington have the same committment.

Well to me the players at the Wolves are certainly not playing for Powell and like Cas Tigers lack a spine, which the Giants took advantage and like Wakefield did.

I'm not sure how much longer the Wolves are going to give Powell before the pull the trap door on him

• Like 1

Even though Wire led for most of the game, I think the Giants looked better, it was just if they could convert that.

Wire kept kicking goals, when if they'd pressed I'm sure they'd have got better reward, but once Pryce got his head out of his backside (after it seems everyone had given him a talking to) and the forwards got mad at yet another ridiculous nonsense penalty, things galvanised.

The forwards smashed holes in Wire play after play, the tries came on the back of that. 

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

so no one got any reports on how Dufty got on as the new FB?

Very threatening, bags of pace - maybe picked up a nasty injury needing a scan on Monday apparently. 

2 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Well to me the players at the Wolves are certainly not playing for Powell and like Cas Tigers lack a spine, which the Giants took advantage and like Wakefield did.

I'm not sure how much longer the Wolves are going to give Powell before the pull the trap door on him

At the Warrington v KR game some of the fans were very angry(understandably). Openly having a go at players,not very nice to see. At this point Daryl in my view should have come over to speak to them. It's the players job to play(and it's a tough game).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

so no one got any reports on how Dufty got on as the new FB?

He looked decent and made a break that led to a try. In an otherwise fairly dismal afternoon he was a fairly bright spot, presumably not the answer you were looking for. 

Huddersfield took a stranglehold on possession for about 25 minutes in the 2nd half and we had no idea how to get the ball back. I wouldn't say the ref had a bearing on the result but he did seem very easily kidded by both sides into giving penalties against the defence.

Warrington tried hard individually but ultimately are clueless and rudderless under Powell.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

12 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

He looked decent and made a break that led to a try. In an otherwise fairly dismal afternoon he was a fairly bright spot, presumably not the answer you were looking for. 

Then went off with a bad injury didn't he?

5 minutes ago, dkw said:

Then went off with a bad injury didn't he?

Yes off for a scan apparently.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.