D-Day England release new kit! (Needs it's very own thread)

I also think with the obvious lack of sponsor partners a plain white jersey with red colour pops would make it look extremely plain, when following the Oxen template, which they no doubt have always planned on doing.

Thus essentially rendering it the current/previous England jersey.

Oxen no doubt will also be working towards a certain margin, so the jersey/shorts etc would have to be produced at a certain price to make that margin. Which is why we see nothing special and no interest in terms of detail, as that all costs extra.

Sales/profit 1st. Aesthetic/quality a very distant 2nd. It's a budget promotional merchandise type of approach.

• Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Maybe its a ploy by Oxen - they can say look we listened, here's a red and white one, and its 50% off!

Don't! I mean when you consider we've now created quite a kit clash with every team in our group, an away/alternative jersey is already loaded into the template machine. I'm going predominantly red with navy shorts. 

Just now, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Don't! I mean when you consider we've now created quite a kit clash with every team in our group, an away/alternative jersey is already loaded into the template machine. I'm going predominantly red with navy shorts. 

To be fair, every team in the World Cup should be heading there with both a first shirt and an alternate.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I'd love to see what you and/or @EastLondonMike could put together - just so we can all play 'look at what you could've won!' 

Im all up in your DM's.

• Thanks 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

It’s okay I guess although it reminds me a bit a St Helens baseball style shirt we once made a Wigan fan wear on his stag do in Amsterdam!

I wonder how many they’ll sell.

I’m not really the target audience for this sort of thing.

I might buy the scarf instead 

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

To be fair, every team in the World Cup should be heading there with both a first shirt and an alternate.

Oh for sure - it's just England have now put themselves position where they definitely need one now. Whereas, unless it passed me by, we clearly felt the last design didn't need one? 

It's an excellent kit.

People have spent years complaining about the George Cross. That has now gone, and we are back to a chevron, again, something fans have wanted.

I think it is very nice, and I'm happy if we are now into a white with blue chevron design each time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Oh for sure - it's just England have now put themselves position where they definitely need one now. Whereas, unless it passed me by, we clearly felt the last design didn't need one? 

I'm not sure we will wear an away kit. All of the other group teams have a dark base and England have a white base. I think that will be enough for them to be classed as different enough.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

The England "brand" in RL is still very much unclear. The RFL as the owners really have no idea what they are doing with it, but in its most basic form it is white jersey with subtle pops of red. It is not navy blue, or black, and it never should be.

I think this is the key. I dont mind adding navy blue into the colour pallet and using it (2 red 1 blue chevron or blue bits on the sleeves/collar) but what exactly is the england brand?? where is this going... if this is it and this is the start then maybe ok but we cannot go back again next year away from it.. and i think we will becuase, well the above really!

26 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

They've also spent the last few months pushing this alternative branding of 'we are ready' with the alternative lion head. Every communication has seen this delivered in red. Its now navy blue on the world cup jersey!

absolutely.. surely they have used an agency to come up with this sort of stuff. Do they then just bin them off once they get given the logo and the new letterhead? because surely all of this should come under that

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's an excellent kit.

People have spent years complaining about the George Cross. That has now gone, and we are back to a chevron, again, something fans have wanted.

I think it is very nice, and I'm happy if we are now into a white with blue chevron design each time.

IF that is the way we go I can live with that too, but other branding really needs to come into line so it makes sense.. i'm just not confident its going to be.

Edited by RP London
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure we will wear an away kit. All of the other group teams have a dark base and England have a white base. I think that will be enough for them to be classed as different enough.

I was thinking Samoa will be fine but France and Greece a little less obvious? To be honest i'm really struggling to find each international team's latest kits. 

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's an excellent kit.

Who ?

7 minutes ago, RP London said:

I think this is the key. I dont mind adding navy blue into the colour pallet and using it (2 red 1 blue chevron or blue bits on the sleeves/collar) but what exactly is the england brand?? where is this going... if this is it and this is the start then maybe ok but we cannot go back again next year away from it.. and i think we will becuase, well the above really!

absolutely.. surely they have used an agency to come up with this sort of stuff. Do they then just bin them off once they get given the logo and the new letterhead? because surely all of this should come under that

I think this is somewhat overstated. It's a kit - people are used to clubs/nations having varied kits.

Look at the England Cricket team, their kits are all over the place.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I think this is somewhat overstated. It's a kit - people are used to clubs/nations having varied kits.

It’s been fairly standard to have blue for ODI and red for T20 for a few years.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I was thinking Samoa will be fine but France and Greece a little less obvious? To be honest i'm really struggling to find each international team's latest kits. 

The France kit is very dark blue (like England's tbf) - they wore it in the recent game v Wales.

I don't know about Greece - but I think we should have an alternate strip anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

It’s been fairly standard to have blue for ODI and red for T20 for a few years.

It has, but these are quite different:

181-1811996_2007-cricket-world-cup-engla

OIP.HeD8xO5iz5XaU75ElpJU8gHaFQ?pid=ImgDe

OIP.G1IqxnUzqxOXgYiZz7GnyQHaFj?pid=ImgDe

If England RL did this, it would be slated.

1 hour ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Just thought I'd throw this grenade in here. Couldn't think what it reminded me of...

2001-2003-yorkshire-l-s-origin-series-rugby-league-shirt-adults-xl-7284-p.jpg

Perhaps this is the RFL's way of indicating they're sending a Yorkshire XIII to represent England? 😄

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I wouldn't compare to England cricket as they have the 3 different formats.. other than that you are looking at navy blue or light blue.. and t20 seem to have gone for red and navy blue for a while. 

If you were to say to someone what is the england cricket colour.. the main thing would, of course, be white.. but with blue becuase we have always worn a blue cap and a blue blazer. when we have played one day crickets its always been blue (or certainly for as long as i remember)... 

what is England RL? why is it changing, why is it so "off brand".. what is our brand?? if we cant answer those questions we are in trouble. 

• Like 2

It looks like the Yorkshire shirt worn in Academy Origin games.

Truth is, the RFL went to the discount bin when they signed up with Oxen and this is a result of that.

• Like 3

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Just now, RP London said:

I wouldn't compare to England cricket as they have the 3 different formats.. other than that you are looking at navy blue or light blue.. and t20 seem to have gone for red and navy blue for a while. 

If you were to say to someone what is the england cricket colour.. the main thing would, of course, be white.. but with blue becuase we have always worn a blue cap and a blue blazer. when we have played one day crickets its always been blue (or certainly for as long as i remember)... 

what is England RL? why is it changing, why is it so "off brand".. what is our brand?? if we cant answer those questions we are in trouble. 

Nobody could answer the question 'what is our brand' for Football, Rugby Union, Cricket, or RL - other than people that work in the field. It's just not a question that the average fan asks.

The England RL kits are white, with red and blue features.

That is the same as Football and Rugby Union.