D-Day England release new kit! (Needs it's very own thread)

11 minutes ago, RP London said:

Its the first time I have been actually open mouthed with nothing to say for a long time!

That is not an England shirt. I get the fact that it doesnt have to be the colours of the flag (aus and NZ etc) etc but it just doesn't look right for an England team, there needs some red in it IMHO. I get they want something that can be Iconic and thats fine and it doesnt have to be the same as all other sports (Aus change the dominant colour depending on the sport etc, NZ have the all whites football instead of the all blacks) but it just doesnt feel right.

This pretty sums up my feelings towards it as well. There is just far too much blue on that shirt. England incorporate a bit of blue into kits in other sports but not that much. Far, far too much blue and England RL have always had red. To me, red is England RL. That is not an England shirt. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Much better than the ghastly previous St George cross design.

You're right. The bar was very low.

I'm not sure they've really cleared it but any move away from simply hurling the flag at a shirt is a good thing.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Ragingbull said:

This is more controversial than the Many shirt!

Whst an absolute abomination!!  Surely thats more suited to Scotland.   Oh and keeping the badge red on a shirt thats got no red in it is ridiculous.

The badge is red though, right? The badge is the badge.

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

You're right. The bar was very low.

I'm not sure they've really cleared it but any move away from simply hurling the flag at a shirt is a good thing.

Yes, I won't feel embarrassed to wear this one (not that I bought the last, faux-Tommy Robinson number)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

The badge is red though, right? The badge is the badge.

Yeh 100% agree, so the shirt should match the colours on the badge. 

Football have a blue trim because the badge is blue, same with the Cricket.  

Certainly wont be purchasing thats for sure

9 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I like, it's recognisably a rugby league shirt.

It's GB-lite, but GB is a strong visual brand. Much better than the ghastly previous St George cross design.

I think that's the only saving grace of this shirt....it's not as bad as the other one. Maybe by some twisted logic that means I like it or that I have less hate for it than the previous...is that the same thing? 

9 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

This is more controversial than the Many shirt!

Whst an absolute abomination!!  Surely thats more suited to Scotland.   Oh and keeping the badge red on a shirt thats got no red in it is ridiculous.

Thats what i thought, it would make a lovely Scotland jersey, not England 

As some others have said, it just looks a bit weird and not like an England shirt. It's unoffensive but doesn't make me want to buy it. It looks like Saints home jersey in blue. 

It could be worse but it's just a bit meh. I'll probably buy some discounted ones post tournament for my nephews Xmas presents but don't think i'll be buying one for myself which is a shame because I could do with a new one

21 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

I'm not offended by it, but in the same breath I'm not immediately inspired to go out and buy one. On balance I think I prefer it to the cross, but I can't see it going down as an all-time classic design that will be the basis for future designs. To be honest, I'm just relieved that they haven't just adopted the GB shirt, which would have been criminal IMO.

If its the RFL and they decide that we are going to be navy blue and white for every and they are going to make that something then i can live with the idea, though still dont like the execution, but if its a one off whim shirt then i'll be livid

3 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

As some others have said, it just looks a bit weird and not like an England shirt. It's unoffensive but doesn't make me want to buy it. It looks like Saints home jersey in blue. 

It could be worse but it's just a bit meh. I'll probably buy some discounted ones post tournament for my nephews Xmas presents but don't think i'll be buying one for myself which is a shame because I could do with a new one

Your not fond of your nephew then.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

I don’t mind it as a shirt, but it’s not an England shirt, at least put some red in it, England RL has never had a blue and white shirt - whats the rationale behind it?

Is it because we’ve got three other teams with blue strips in our group? 🤔 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I don’t mind it as a shirt, but it’s not an England shirt, at least put some red in it, England RL has never had a blue and white shirt - whats the rationale behind it?

Oh there wont be any rationale provided.  The rfl just thought they'd change our historical colours and hope no one would notice.  

4 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I think that's the only saving grace of this shirt....it's not as bad as the other one. Maybe by some twisted logic that means I like it or that I have less hate for it than the previous...is that the same thing? 

It's all subjective, isn't it. I've never liked the St George designs. For me, the true colours are GB (and I'm a Southerner in my early forties, not a fervent traditionalist from West Yorkshire).  

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

It's all subjective, isn't it. I've never liked the St George designs. For me, the true colours are GB (and I'm a Southerner in my early forties, not a fervent traditionalist from West Yorkshire).  

It's not even the GB colours though is it.

• Like 1